Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

All things equal, Smith is better than Cassel. But it's like going from a Lean Pocket to a Hot Pocket...we're still starving and it's very unfulfulling.

If Smith can come here and be efficient, like Cassel was in 2010, and he has been that last couple of years, they'll win 7-10 games.

If Geno Smith goes on to be a stud though, this is pretty unforgivable.

Oh, and if this team isn't on the brink of a playoff spot next year (being generous, most will want playoffs), look out Reid/Dorsey.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're new so let me give you some background on My man. He will give you only the negative for guys he doesn't like. And only the positive for the guys he does like.

For example Cassel's 2010 season he will tell you that he only won games because he went against "cream puffs" he won't mention that those cream puffs happened to beat Drew Brees twice and Peyton Manning. But yet Kyle Orton went against one of the worst defense in the NFL in 2011 and happened to put up a lot of yards below average points against the packers that year and he will sing all his praises like "he lead us to our biggest win in 20 years" he came to this board as my man orton. You will only get the negative numbers with Alex Smith. He won't tell you the whole story at any point.

The background on Myman is that he has been right on absolutely everything from conference standings, Peyton Manning, Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel, Romeo Crennel, a below .500 record for the 2012 season, Carr vs. Routt, Peyton hillis being Thomas Jones 2.0 and I am sure the list goes on and on.

The thing I was wrong about was when I said Mccluster wouldn't get reps this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    All things equal, Smith is better than Cassel. But it's like going from a Lean Pocket to a Hot Pocket...we're still starving and it's very unfulfulling.

If Smith can come here and be efficient, like Cassel was in 2010, and he has been that last couple of years, they'll win 7-10 games.

If Geno Smith goes on to be a stud though, this is pretty unforgivable.

As the QB position goes it is a slight upgrade, but a downgrade for our team. Because we traded so much for him, it basically says THIS is our qb for a good amount of years. I just don't see how Smith + Joeckel if we go that route like everyone says we will is better than resigning Albert, drafting Geno and drafting a good CB in the second round.

But whatever.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 02-27-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Francisco....

matthewschiefs has told you the TRUTH. MyManHali is certainly the smartest football guy in the whole world (in his mind) and it is a waste of bandwidth to respond to anything he says. Put the guy on your ignore list where both he and My Man Orton belong.

He kept screaming for months after Orton signed with Dallas that Orton needed to be our starting QB. This guy is so delusional that he honestly thinks he should be an NFL GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Francisco....

matthewschiefs has told you the TRUTH. MyManHali is certainly the smartest football guy in the whole world (in his mind) and it is a waste of bandwidth to respond to anything he says. Put the guy on your ignore list where both he and My Man Orton belong.

He kept screaming for months after Orton signed with Dallas that Orton needed to be our starting QB. This guy is so delusional that he honestly thinks he should be an NFL GM.

Who in the end was right, and who was wrong?

We're all entitled to our opinions, but all I know is you guys are going from the lowest rated QB in the NFL to the third highest rated. You are going from the coach of one the lowest rated offenses in the NFL to a coach who has consistently had his team's offense ranked near the top. You're returning a bunch of probowl guys on defense. You get the #1 overall pick in the draft. You have a lot to be excited about. This move is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The background on Myman is that he has been right on absolutely everything from conference standings, Peyton Manning, Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel, Romeo Crennel, a below .500 record for the 2012 season, Carr vs. Routt, Peyton hillis being Thomas Jones 2.0 and I am sure the list goes on and on.

The thing I was wrong about was when I said Mccluster wouldn't get reps this year.
    Well at least you can finally admit to the Mccluster thing

YOu have been right about alot of things. I was more talking about your outlook on players. There are players you like that you won't say one bad word about even when it's deserved like Bowe for example. He got outplayed against one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL this past season by the backup TE and not a word is spoken and when i do i was just "making excuses for Cassel" Then there are players who you don't like who you will never give credit where credit is due. Like Cassel and now it seems Smith. Smith was pretty bad his first few years. No one can deny that. You can't ignore that. But you also can't ignore how much his play improved when he got a good head coach. So is it just that he suddenly got better or maybe coaching had something to do with it. It's fair to question that. Wouldn't you say. I mean to go from being the starting qb on a team that got blown out by that horrible matt Cassel in 2010 to being a muffed punt away from the superbowl doesn't just happen by itself. Andy Reid is better then the 2 coaches Smith played most his time under with the 49ers he is known for his work with QBs. So maybe just Maybe this move works out. There's no clear sign one way or the other when it comes to Smith. He's had good and bad. We are going to find out which he is. But he is not Matt Cassel. He might have put up some numbers like Cassel throughout his time but he has also done things Cassel hasn't theres things that go both ways on him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Who in the end was right, and who was wrong?

suprise myman shows up only when there is smack to talk. fair weather fan. to the fullest

Wow. This new regime hasn't even made it to training camp yet and already they are destroying an already destroyed team by giving away badly needed draft picks for mediocre backups. I'm seriously getting tired of this clown show.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast