Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Hybrid View

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

His YPA, YPG, Record against high scoring teams (2-27 against teams who score atlesat 24 points), QBR are all similar to Matt Cassel.

The point is we do not want someone who is mentioned in the same boat as Cassel. We do not want someone who can draw comparisons to our previous quarterback.

This is making me sick.

If some one decides to mention him in the same boat as Cassel, then that is their problem, but why should Chiefs fans be worried about that? There's one thing and only one thing that matters. Is this guy the best QB option to lead the KC Chiefs in 2013? Me personally, I'm a Nick Foles guy. Some are Geno Smith guys. Pretty much every other option out there besides those three is not even close, and to be honest, I don't know that any of these three stands out above the other two. Foles would cost the least, but doesn't seem to be available, and Geno would cost by far the most in draft assets and 2nd most in cap space assets. Personnel guys who know what they're doing have concluded, after watching all the film, that Alex Smith is the better option. Ok, so he's the best option. What does Matt Cassel have to do with anything? If Alex Smith is better than Geno Smith, then why should the decision over who should QB the 2013 KC Chiefs come down to some one heard some one say his name "in the same boat with Matt Cassel"? Why would anyone care about that?

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    If some one decides to mention him in the same boat as Cassel, then that is their problem, but why should Chiefs fans be worried about that? There's one thing and only one thing that matters. Is this guy the best QB option to lead the KC Chiefs in 2013? Me personally, I'm a Nick Foles guy. Some are Geno Smith guys. Pretty much every other option out there besides those three is not even close, and to be honest, I don't know that any of these three stands out above the other two. Foles would cost the least, but doesn't seem to be available, and Geno would cost by far the most in draft assets and 2nd most in cap space assets. Personnel guys who know what they're doing have concluded, after watching all the film, that Alex Smith is the better option. Ok, so he's the best option. What does Matt Cassel have to do with anything? If Alex Smith is better than Geno Smith, then why should the decision over who should QB the 2013 KC Chiefs come down to some one heard some one say his name "in the same boat with Matt Cassel"? Why would anyone care about that?

Because his play and numbers are similar to Matt Cassel.

Really? QB rating of 104.1 (third highest in the league) vs 66.7 (lowest in the league). Your idea of "similar" is rather broad.

Really? QB rating of 104.1 (third highest in the league) vs 66.7 (lowest in the league). Your idea of "similar" is rather broad.

His YPG were worse than Cassel's. Cassel and Smith are comparable because they played very well with stacked teams. Face the facts, Alex Smith is a conservative game manager like Cassel was in 2010 when he had his great year.

one thing cassell beats smith in. is the injury department. smith is fragile. did we upgrade today yeah a little. but buy no means is smith going to be a great qb. he is a game manager that can scramble and make the short throws. not thrilled about the move at all

Who cares about YPG, that just means more passing plays were called. The QB doesn't call the plays and put together the game plan. QB rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt, EVERYTHING that matters, not even close. You have got to be kidding. 3rd highest rated player vs lowest out of everyone and you're saying they're "Similar"?

Who cares about YPG, that just means more passing plays were called. The QB doesn't call the plays and put together the game plan. QB rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt, EVERYTHING that matters, not even close. You have got to be kidding. 3rd highest rated player vs lowest out of everyone and you're saying they're "Similar"?

You're new so let me give you some background on My man. He will give you only the negative for guys he doesn't like. And only the positive for the guys he does like.

For example Cassel's 2010 season he will tell you that he only won games because he went against "cream puffs" he won't mention that those cream puffs happened to beat Drew Brees twice and Peyton Manning. But yet Kyle Orton went against one of the worst defense in the NFL in 2011 and happened to put up a lot of yards below average points against the packers that year and he will sing all his praises like "he lead us to our biggest win in 20 years" he came to this board as my man orton. You will only get the negative numbers with Alex Smith. He won't tell you the whole story at any point.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're new so let me give you some background on My man. He will give you only the negative for guys he doesn't like. And only the positive for the guys he does like.

For example Cassel's 2010 season he will tell you that he only won games because he went against "cream puffs" he won't mention that those cream puffs happened to beat Drew Brees twice and Peyton Manning. But yet Kyle Orton went against one of the worst defense in the NFL in 2011 and happened to put up a lot of yards below average points against the packers that year and he will sing all his praises like "he lead us to our biggest win in 20 years" he came to this board as my man orton. You will only get the negative numbers with Alex Smith. He won't tell you the whole story at any point.

The background on Myman is that he has been right on absolutely everything from conference standings, Peyton Manning, Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel, Romeo Crennel, a below .500 record for the 2012 season, Carr vs. Routt, Peyton hillis being Thomas Jones 2.0 and I am sure the list goes on and on.

The thing I was wrong about was when I said Mccluster wouldn't get reps this year.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast