Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No, Alex Smith will be our starter for 1 or 2 seasons, he will not be our franchise guy.
    Yessir unless Smith goes off he's a stop gap. However I bet u we get our 2nd back in an Albert trade. My money is on Fischer if the draft were held tmrw.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Yessir unless Smith goes off he's a stop gap. However I bet u we get our 2nd back in an Albert trade. My money is on Fischer if the draft were held tmrw.

We're not trading albert.

Nigerian how was I wrong about this administration? Because I disliked the Smith trade?

How do you know?

This staff is not the hitler staff of pioli. Credible information has been leaked quite a bit lately. And if NFLN is hearing we are shopping Albert then u bet your arse they are shopping Brandon Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    How do you know?

I don't, but what I think we will do is hold onto albert for a year then go LT in the next draft and let albert go.

I don't, but what I think we will do is hold onto albert for a year then go LT in the next draft and let albert go.
    Why is a mid-late first round LT next year better than the #1 player who happens to play LT this year? That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Why is a mid-late first round LT next year better than the #1 player who happens to play LT this year? That makes no sense at all.

Because we have a LT. For god's sake we dont even have a starting corner opposite Flowers.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-07-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Because we have a LT. For god's sake we dont even have a starting corner opposite Flowers.
    You keep talking about the draft in absolutes as if there are no other ways to fill any particular hole on this team. We're still 5 days away from free agency and a month and half away from the draft. All the perceived holes you think this team has will probably get addressed. It has been mentioned that the Chiefs' goal for their first pick in the draft is to find a "hall of famer" with that selection. You don't do that by TRYING to fill holes on your team. You do that by taking the best player in the draft. All indications point toward this administration believing that guy is Luke Joekel. However, Dorsey has come out and flat said that he didn't want to tip his hand as to what they're thinking... so any info out there COULD be false.

This administration is doing some VERY good things for this franchise. They're not changing just for change sake like the Pioli bunch did. They recognize the good, young talent on this team and they're changing themselves to fit the talent rather than the other way around. I think that's smart and awesome. If Pioli had done the same instead of worrying about a piece of trash on the office floor, he would probably still have his job.

Dorsey and Reid have done nothing but earn our trust since they got here. At least let them get through free agency before crying about the holes remaining on this team. I PROMISE you that the CB position will be filled before we get to the draft.

He hasn't signed his tender as of yet. And the Chiefs franchise does NOT revolve around Albert or Eric Berry. Alberts long term future is a big question mark & in 5 years he's gone from mediocre to average. He's quite expendable. The reality is, he's more of a LT-wannabe than a real LT.

Add to that Dorsey is a Ted Thompson disciple and Thompson had been quoted as saying "The NFL Draft is not about fantasy football, it's about getting the best players available to make your team better".

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast