Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

Ummm Alex has won a bunch of NFL games and play offs... geno??? Um none!!!!!!!@!@

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Ummm Alex has won a bunch of NFL games and play offs... geno??? Um none!!!!!!!@!@
    I hear what your saying but the same logic could be used to state that Geno has not lost any NFL games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I hear what your saying but the same logic could be used to state that Geno has not lost any NFL games as well.
    Using that logic Ricky Stanzi is a great NFL QB he has been in the league two years and not lost one game or thrown an interception.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Using that logic Ricky Stanzi is a great NFL QB he has been in the league two years and not lost one game or thrown an interception.
    Good point.

Guys don't hate Alex so soon. Give him a chance. With your new head coach and the type of team you got around him (no short of talent) don't be surprised to be in the playoffs. I am not overlooking Alex's faults because he has a lot.

If Andy can put Alex in the position to make short accurate passes to sure handed receivers I guarantee you guys win 10 games at least. Establish the run and give Alex play action threats and a good defense no chance you guys miss the playoffs. It isn't all doom and gloom and this is a weak draft so that second round pick is not worth as much as you think (I am not so happy about that for my 49ers).

Well anyway the only reason I post here is because I like Alex Smith and feel bad for him. I hope he gets you guys some wins. Only place my team can play against yours is in the superbowl so I guess I might be sorta a Kansas City Chiefs fan next regular season (quietly). It's weird this is the 4th QB we traded to you guys. It was weird seeing Joe Montana wearing #19 in your guy's jersey. Is #11 retired on your team as well?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I love this argument against Alex Smith. What's even funnier is that it usually comes from those who love Geno Smith. Last season, Alex Smith average 8 yards per completion. Geno Smith on the other hand, averaged a staggering 8.1. You're not going to throw for a high completion percentage if you're throwing down field on a regular basis. If you love Geno Smith's completion percentage of 71.2, you have to love Alex Smith's of 70.2. These two guys ran essentially the same exact type of offense. If you're going to buy in to all of Geno's over inflated numbers, you have to do the same for Alex.
    Oh come on Texas that .1 difference is HUGE how many games have we seen come down to .1th of a yard. SO many like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the Rams Titians Superbowl?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea View Post
    Guys don't hate Alex so soon. Give him a chance. With your new head coach and the type of team you got around him (no short of talent) don't be surprised to be in the playoffs. I am not overlooking Alex's faults because he has a lot.

If Andy can put Alex in the position to make short accurate passes to sure handed receivers I guarantee you guys win 10 games at least. Establish the run and give Alex play action threats and a good defense no chance you guys miss the playoffs. It isn't all doom and gloom and this is a weak draft so that second round pick is not worth as much as you think (I am not so happy about that for my 49ers).

Well anyway the only reason I post here is because I like Alex Smith and feel bad for him. I hope he gets you guys some wins. Only place my team can play against yours is in the superbowl so I guess I might be sorta a Kansas City Chiefs fan next regular season (quietly). It's weird this is the 4th QB we traded to you guys. It was weird seeing Joe Montana wearing #19 in your guy's jersey. Is #11 retired on your team as well?
    We don't have a 2nd CB, we don't have any depth in the secondary, we don't have a second or third WR, we don't have a RB to compliment JC, and the list goes on and on. And people are on this site that don't have a problem trading such a high pick for such a mediocre qb.

We don't have a stacked team like SF does. We don't have the number 1 rushing/defense, those are things he needs in order to be successful. The fact that we traded picks THAT HIGH for him is inexcusable. Didn't you just come in here and talk about how bad of a trade it was for us?

Montana-Bono-Grbac-Smith.

WE DONT WANY ANYMORE OF YOUR QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Make no mistake about it, the Chiefs' #1 pick just became exponentially more valuable than it was 48 hours ago.
    Thats an interesting thought that I like. I hope we can trade down, preferably into the teens, but I would be ok with top 10. I also hear you on the comparison to the other backup QBs that were traded. Initially I thought we gave up way too much. They were talking about this on ESPN last night (or maybe NFL network) and comparing Smith to Schaub, Flynn, Kolb, etc and basically saying this is what it takes to get at least an average QB, and most of the guys on the network were saying that Smith is better than most players on that list of QB trades.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We don't have a 2nd CB, we don't have any depth in the secondary, we don't have a second or third WR, we don't have a RB to compliment JC, and the list goes on and on. And people are on this site that don't have a problem trading such a high pick for such a mediocre qb.

We don't have a stacked team like SF does. We don't have the number 1 rushing/defense, those are things he needs in order to be successful. The fact that we traded picks THAT HIGH for him is inexcusable. Didn't you just come in here and talk about how bad of a trade it was for us?

I dont know about you but if they had another Montana available, I would trade a couple 1sts for him in a heart beat. Then again, he is my childhood hero and the reason (along with D.T., N. Smith, and Okoye) Im a chiefs fan, so Im a little biased. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post

Bro that post is pretty awesome. lol We don't want to give you anymore QBs!!! Don't worry.

I am not comparing teams here. You are selling your defense short though. They might be 20th overall in total defense but in my opinion played better than they get credit for. Andy Reid will transform that offense and you will more than likely see a very dynamic offense. You guys had #5 ranked yards per gain rushing offense. Your premier back ran for 1500 yards. I would say you guys are set up for a run for sure.

Sometimes all it takes is a new head coach. Andy Reid had nothing that he needed in Philly. He has a lot of what he needs in KC.

I find it weird that I as a 49er fan is trying to convince a KC fan that his team might be good. lol usually I am trying to convince 49er fans that our team is good. haha

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast