Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Broken Down QB, Untill He Became a Chief!

Default A Broken Down QB, Untill He Became a Chief!

Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-02-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    I certainly dont miss the defense from those days...Maddening!
    ...Word!

I think that Smith has to have a better arm than Cassel. So it is a upgrade. Thanks for the video, Green is a good guy

Thanks for the vid tornado!

As to Smith....I think he is a bigger upgrade than anyone gives him credit for.

1) Cassel had lost his Mojo. He was never again in a Chiefs uniform going to be even half as good as he was in 2010. He may do good things for another team, but he was never going to be any good in a Chiefs uniform again.

2) #1 pick or not, I just don't see any QB in the draft that would make us respectable again right from the git-go.

3) So we are left with number 3.....Picking up a free agent QB...at least for the short term. And I don't think there were a lot of better options than Smith.

All that said, I'd love to see us trade down in the first round and pick up a QB as a "groomer". Smith won't last forever and we still need a "Franchise Quarterback".

Man I miss Trent.

Thanks so much for the video! I miss Trent as well. He was like the 2nd tier type of QB....not a franchise QB, but just "soild" overall. He really could throw a rope in the medium range pass! I'm not going to freakout about Smith @ this point because we don't even know what we gave up for him & he hasn't played a down for us yet. Let's not forgot about last year...I don't want to see that again in my lifetime (I'm 47) I just hope for a competitive season in 13'
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Thanks so much for the video! I miss Trent as well. He was like the 2nd tier type of QB....not a franchise QB, but just "soild" overall. He really could throw a rope in the medium range pass! I'm not going to freakout about Smith @ this point because we don't even know what we gave up for him & he hasn't played a down for us yet. Let's not forgot about last year...I don't want to see that again in my lifetime (I'm 47) I just hope for a competitive season in 13'
    I'm 49, and I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Yes actually I do still say we paid too much. The odds that we become a superior team, are far better if we draft the best qb than if we go get some 8 year vet with terrible career numbers. (and yes I know his last two years have shown us great numbers.) But that was with a super bowl caliber team.

The reason it matters what we pay him is because it has a huge impact to the value of the personel on this team. History tells us, you build a super bowl team thru the draft and get the missing pieces from the FA. And the Chiefs are a 2 and 14 team, giving away top draft picks for a 8 year vet, who has terrible career numbers, that my friend you can't sugar coat.

I'm aware that I'm not thinking like the "normal" Chiefs fan, but I'm sick of seeing the normal on this team.

This is just my own Humble opionion, and I hope time proves me wrong.
    I fully support this post.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Yes actually I do still say we paid too much. The odds that we become a superior team, are far better if we draft the best qb than if we go get some 8 year vet with terrible career numbers. (and yes I know his last two years have shown us great numbers.) But that was with a super bowl caliber team.

The reason it matters what we pay him is because it has a huge impact to the value of the personel on this team. History tells us, you build a super bowl team thru the draft and get the missing pieces from the FA. And the Chiefs are a 2 and 14 team, giving away top draft picks for a 8 year vet, who has terrible career numbers, that my friend you can't sugar coat.

I'm aware that I'm not thinking like the "normal" Chiefs fan, but I'm sick of seeing the normal on this team.

This is just my own Humble opionion, and I hope time proves me wrong.
    I completely understand your point of view, but the thing people are, also, not recognizing is that while his numbers in the last year and a half have been great, with a Superbowl caliber team, is that the first six years of his career they were not a Superbowl caliber team. It was only when they got a Superbowl caliber coaching staff that his numbers improved. Now, I'm not saying that we're Superbowl caliber, but we are a 2-14 team with horrible coaching and Administrative staff that sent SIX players to the Pro Bowl this year, and we finally have a real head coach. I agree that I would rather not have given up a second round draft pick for him, but there's still a chance we can maneuver a second round pick. I'm adopting a wait and see philosophy.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-06-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I completely understand your point of view, but the thing people are, also, not recognizing is that while his numbers in the last year and a half have been great, with a Superbowl caliber team, is that the first six years of his career they were not a Superbowl caliber team. It was only when they got a Superbowl caliber coaching staff that his numbers improved. Now, I'm not saying that we're Superbowl caliber, but we are a 2-14 team with horrible coaching and Administrative staff that sent SIX players to the Pro Bowl this year, and we finally have a real head coach. I agree that I would rather not have given up a second round draft pick for him, but there's still a chance we can maneuver a second round pick. I'm adopting a wait and see philosophy.

I'm thinking more long term, without Alex Smith, as chances are he wont be here long term. What happens in two years when Alex has his 18 mil, and we need a qb at the same time that JC, Hali, DJ, Berry, Flowers, Houstin and othgers all become FA's. If we ignorantly give up picks, and spent foolish right now money (18 mil for A Smith) then we are screwing our selves for two years from now. I just dont think Alex is the QBOTF. Every move we make should be for three years out. Once we have a great team, we place in the right now pieces.

I respect every ones opinion and enjoy reading them.

This is how I would build a super bowl team. A super bowl team cant be built by giving away draft picks. Look at the niners, they have something like 15 picks this year. Thats how its done.

I just noticed you have 27, 000 post to my 800, so I'll just go eat my wheaties. :-)
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 03-06-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: added humor

I'm thinking more long term, without Alex Smith, as chances are he wont be here long term. What happens in two years when Alex has his 18 mil, and we need a qb at the same time that JC, Hali, DJ, Berry, Flowers, Houstin and othgers all become FA's. If we ignorantly give up picks, and spent foolish right now money (18 mil for A Smith) then we are screwing our selves for two years from now. I just dont think Alex is the QBOTF. Every move we make should be for three years out. Once we have a great team, we place in the right now pieces.

I respect every ones opinion and enjoy reading them.

This is how I would build a super bowl team. A super bowl team cant be built by giving away draft picks. Look at the niners, they have something like 15 picks this year. Thats how its done.

I just noticed you have 27, 000 post to my 800, so I'll just go eat my wheaties. :-)
    ...A valid point of view my friend.

Number of posts here does in no way, always, reflect quality of posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast