Thread: Takeo Spikes

Default Takeo Spikes

So Takeo Spikes was cut from the Chargers. From all indications, this was just a cap space move. What would be your thoughts of grabbing him as an ILB. I think he could be had for relatively cheap, and would be a great locker room/leadership presence. His age doesnt concern me, because we would swap him out for a nickel back on passing downs anyways.

He also has a Reid connection as he was traded to the Eagles years back (but then was released after an injury).

Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ith-spikes-cut

I think there are better options available to the Chiefs over the next couple months.

The guy is an absolute freak of nature. Junior Seau and Greg Lloyd I thought were the most impressive physical specimens I have ever seen. Then I saw Takeo Spikes at Seaus in San Diego. Absolute freak his age won't matter. If he's cheap I don't mind one bit.

If our coaches/GM think he's a good fit for the direction were headed I'd be happy with that. I'm truly glad to see our team being resurrected from the crapbowl it was lat season. A new and positive direction is good by me!! Go Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!