Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Broken Down QB, Untill He Became a Chief!

Hybrid View

Default A Broken Down QB, Untill He Became a Chief!

Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-02-2013 at 02:17 AM.

And...........

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    And...........

I guess I should clarify myself better.

This Offense is absolutely nothing like our offense was then, they cant be compared, nor can the coaches, or the qbs.

Even the defenses defend differently now.
    That being said, I'm not upset with Alex S being a chief, but we need to ask ourselves the bigger question, is he worth what we paid for him, considering the salary we have to give him, unless there is more to the story.

I guess I should clarify myself better.

This Offense is absolutely nothing like our offense was then, they cant be compared, nor can the coaches, or the qbs.

Even the defenses defend differently now.
    That being said, I'm not upset with Alex S being a chief, but we need to ask ourselves the bigger question, is he worth what we paid for him, considering the salary we have to give him, unless there is more to the story.
    I agree, I would have rather not given up a second round pick for him and we'll be paying him a bit more than we would have paid for Cassel, but also believe he is an upgrade.

As far as the video goes, I was not a big Green fan when he first came here but I was before he left. I miss those days!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    As far as the video goes, I was not a big Green fan when he first came here but I was before he left. I miss those days!
    I certainly dont miss the defense from those days...Maddening!

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    I certainly dont miss the defense from those days...Maddening!
    ...Word!

We don't really know what we gave up it is all rumors. I will say IF we gave up our second round pick it might have been too much. But again if we used that 2rd round pick to draft a QB how long before he would be ready to take the field? Could we really get a better QB than him in this years draft with it, which we probably would have used that pick for?

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    We don't really know what we gave up it is all rumors. I will say IF we gave up our second round pick it might have been too much. But again if we used that 2rd round pick to draft a QB how long before he would be ready to take the field? Could we really get a better QB than him in this years draft with it, which we probably would have used that pick for?
    Everywhere I'm reading that we gave up this years second and another similar pick from 2014. Thats waaaay too much in my book.

On the best qb available, he might be the best for this year that we could have gotten with the 34th pick, but we have to pay him 5 plus mill more per year, then the 34th pick......... That makes me sick.

Everywhere I'm reading that we gave up this years second and another similar pick from 2014. Thats waaaay too much in my book.

On the best qb available, he might be the best for this year that we could have gotten with the 34th pick, but we have to pay him 5 plus mill more per year, then the 34th pick......... That makes me sick.
    If he comes in a within two years he wins a playoff game is the pay still too much? The rumor is next years pick depends on how many games he wins this year, if he comes in and wins 12 games will you still stay 2 second round picks were to much? I don't know but it is not my problem how much a player gets or to figure out if he is any good I will leave that to team management or how to meet the cap.

They could do like Jerry Jones did to get his team under the cap, he just wrote over $30 million checks to pay cash to some players (Carr was one) to get their cap hit down now Carr does not count $10.5 million against the cap this year. My source

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    If he comes in a within two years he wins a playoff game is the pay still too much? The rumor is next years pick depends on how many games he wins this year, if he comes in and wins 12 games will you still stay 2 second round picks were to much? I don't know but it is not my problem how much a player gets or to figure out if he is any good I will leave that to team management or how to meet the cap.

They could do like Jerry Jones did to get his team under the cap, he just wrote over $30 million checks to pay cash to some players (Carr was one) to get their cap hit down now Carr does not count $10.5 million against the cap this year. My source
    Yes actually I do still say we paid too much. The odds that we become a superior team, are far better if we draft the best qb than if we go get some 8 year vet with terrible career numbers. (and yes I know his last two years have shown us great numbers.) But that was with a super bowl caliber team.

The reason it matters what we pay him is because it has a huge impact to the value of the personel on this team. History tells us, you build a super bowl team thru the draft and get the missing pieces from the FA. And the Chiefs are a 2 and 14 team, giving away top draft picks for a 8 year vet, who has terrible career numbers, that my friend you can't sugar coat.

I'm aware that I'm not thinking like the "normal" Chiefs fan, but I'm sick of seeing the normal on this team.

This is just my own Humble opionion, and I hope time proves me wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast