Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner in the first?

Default Dee Milliner in the first?

milliner-int-return-almondjpg-c9604a71b4bc3e38.jpg

Now that Reid has chosen his QB and doubts that anyone will want our number one pick why not add Milliner to the glaring hole that has been since Carr exited for Dallas? I cant get behind bringing in Joekel when Albert is already here, I'd rather tag Albert this year and make sure his back truly is ready to hold up for the season. At best taking a LT is a money saving venture but adding a CB will make this team better.

Even with Alex I would still like to see us draft the best qb.

My first choice would be to find a trade, and pick up a mid 1st round, draft the best available qb. and it should give us a much needed 2nd. At least another third.

If a trade does not happen I would still like a qb with the 1st. Alex is not the answer, and we still need another qb. Smith would be a great mentor for a newbie.

I would rather have Millliner and franchise Albert, I just cant see wasting a 1st on a position that we are pretty good at already when we have real needs in other spots. I know most would ask then why a qb when we have Alex? Reason, is Alex will not be a long term successful chiefs qb. But he is a great mentor.

If Bowe does not sign something reasonable, let him walk......Was he really worth 9 plus mil last year? nope not even half that.......Without Bowe we would still be drafting 1st. And he certainly did not help us get more then 2 wins, now thats a fact....lol

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Even with Alex I would still like to see us draft the best qb.

My first choice would be to find a trade, and pick up a mid 1st round, draft the best available qb. and it should give us a much needed 2nd. At least another third.

If a trade does not happen I would still like a qb with the 1st. Alex is not the answer, and we still need another qb. Smith would be a great mentor for a newbie.

I would rather have Millliner and franchise Albert, I just cant see wasting a 1st on a position that we are pretty good at already when we have real needs in other spots. I know most would ask then why a qb when we have Alex? Reason, is Alex will not be a long term successful chiefs qb. But he is a great mentor.

If Bowe does not sign something reasonable, let him walk......Was he really worth 9 plus mil last year? nope not even half that.......Without Bowe we would still be drafting 1st. And he certainly did not help us get more then 2 wins, now thats a fact....lol
    ...Valid point, but who do we get to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Valid point, but who do we get to replace him.
    There are always decent wrs that are available in the fa, however many times they want too much money and are overpaid, also with a trade it would give us an extra pick and I would turn that into a wr. With out the trade we should still draft a wr in the thrid or fourth.

With Alex's accuracy and his high short range completes we dont need a wr as bad as we do Tony G kind of TE.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    There are always decent wrs that are available in the fa, however many times they want too much money and are overpaid, also with a trade it would give us an extra pick and I would turn that into a wr. With out the trade we should still draft a wr in the thrid or fourth.

With Alex's accuracy and his high short range completes we dont need a wr as bad as we do Tony G kind of TE.
    ...Wished we still had him, it's uncanny for someone to be in the league as long as he has and still be performing at a level as high.

Right now id be happy with tagging Albert and drafting Milliner instead of Joekciel. I like Ryan Swope and if he's there in the 3 rd I'd take him if Bowe signs or not. Even if Bowe does sign we are still thin at the wide receiver position.

They'll sign a FA CB. I highly doubt the Chiefs go into the draft needing a starting CB. Seems to me like they're filling the obvious holes that are on this team with trade candidates and FA players. This kind of approach makes sense if you actually take the front office at their word of drafting the "best player available." They haven't made a move with the franchise tag yet, which would lead you to believe they're waiting till the last possible moment in hopes of extending either Bowe or Albert in order to tag the other.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Dwayne Bowe will be on this team in 2013. If they find a way to extend Bowe, I fully expect Albert to be franchised. This administration seems to like filling holes with known commodities. I even expect Tyson Jackson to come back after Dorsey's comments on the matter a few days ago.

Despite Jackson's relative lack of production, Dorsey is enamored with the 296-pound lineman's strength in defending the run. It was evident to Dorsey when he visited with Jackson last week.“He walked in and talked to me the other day and he's as square as the door frame,” Dorsey said. “He's just a very big guy, he's very strong at the point (of attack).”
    The Chiefs will remain in a 3-4 alignment under new defensive coordinator Bob Sutton, but will likely employ more aggressive blitz packages similar to the scheme Sutton ran with the Jets. In third-down situations, Sutton could switch to a 4-3 on occasion to give Jackson more opportunities to rush the passer.
    “I can't wait to see what the coaches are doing to kick him in on third down to see if he can push the pocket,” Dorsey said.
    That doesn't look like a GM who's going to be replacing both DE's to me. Alex Smith at QB, Albert at LT, Bowe at WR, T.J. at DE, and perhaps a guy like Sean Smith from Miami or Revis from Philly at CB could be expected as well. But if those are the moves that are going to be made, you can't expect too much more from the Chiefs. Their cap room won't allow it. In fact, I'd be shocked if they were able to pull all that off.

I'm actually starting to buy in to the whole "best player available" thing if they keep flirting with all these free agents. If we no longer have holes to fill left by Bowe, Albert, and T.J., then this administration can concentrate on filling the holes that previously existed with their draft picks... which is pretty exciting considering how talented this team already is.

I would be pleased with that scenario TX. It does fit the philosophy we've been hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Alex Smith at QB, Albert at LT, Bowe at WR, T.J. at DE, and perhaps a guy like Sean Smith from Miami or Revis from Philly at CB could be expected as well. But if those are the moves that are going to be made, you can't expect too much more from the Chiefs. Their cap room won't allow it. In fact, I'd be shocked if they were able to pull all that off.

I'm actually starting to buy in to the whole "best player available" thing if they keep flirting with all these free agents. If we no longer have holes to fill left by Bowe, Albert, and T.J., then this administration can concentrate on filling the holes that previously existed with their draft picks... which is pretty exciting considering how talented this team already is.
    Did you mean Revis from NYJ or DRC from Philly?

Otherwise, I can see a lot of this happening. I would be ok with Milliner only if we traded down to like 10th or so. At that point he would likely be BPA AND fill a hole.

I think there is no news on the franchise tag front because they want to sign Bowe long term and tag Albert, but their backup plan is to tag Bowe and deal with Albert on the open market or go for a LT in the draft. I think the whole offseason plan hinges on those two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Did you mean Revis from NYJ or DRC from Philly?

Otherwise, I can see a lot of this happening. I would be ok with Milliner only if we traded down to like 10th or so. At that point he would likely be BPA AND fill a hole.

I think there is no news on the franchise tag front because they want to sign Bowe long term and tag Albert, but their backup plan is to tag Bowe and deal with Albert on the open market or go for a LT in the draft. I think the whole offseason plan hinges on those two guys.

no no... I meant Revis from the NY Jets... where the current DC is from. I think a trade of #1 overall to NYJ for #9, their 2nd, and Revis makes a lot of sense for both teams. If that trade is made, it values Revis as the #12 overall pick in the draft. Seems about right for a player of his caliber. The Jets get their pick of QB's in this draft to supplant Mark Sanchez before all the QB-needy teams pick ahead of them rather than if they remained at #9.
    Last edited by texaschief; 03-02-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast