Thread: Interesting Offseason Secnario

Default Interesting Offseason Secnario

So ESPN is talking about a possible trade scenario with us. We would send our #1 to the NY Jets for Revis and their #9.

Then with the #9 we take BPA, which could be a LT, DL, QB. Combine that with a trade for Smith or Foles, and they can see a scenario where we get Revis, Floes/Smith, and a new LT. We would lose B.Albert and the 1st pick. We also would have to re-do Revis's contract.

I dont think the NYJ would want anyone that badly to trade up unless they are done with Sanchez and need someone to take over as QB.

If we could redo Revis's contract, I would consider this trade strongly.

I'd do it. Although, I'd try to trade down from #9 after that. I'd be happier with a pick somewhere in the late teens or 20s to get more picks in rounds 2-4. Revis, BPA, and Smith/Foles would be a nice haul in this scenario. There's no way I'd be ok with giving up a first round pick for Revis. I would do a trade of picks though.

Should have kept Carr . No thanks on troubled revis.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd do it. Although, I'd try to trade down from #9 after that. I'd be happier with a pick somewhere in the late teens or 20s to get more picks in rounds 2-4. Revis, BPA, and Smith/Foles would be a nice haul in this scenario. There's no way I'd be ok with giving up a first round pick for Revis. I would do a trade of picks though.
    I agree. My perfect scenario is trade picks with NY for Revis, trade 3rd for Smith, and keep both Albert and Bowe. Then trade back into mid/late 1st round and get a 2nd round pick. Then take Warmack from Bama or Cooper from UNC in the mid to late 1st round. Then hope that a top MLB or S falls to top of 2nd round and take them there. Then with our other 2nd round pick we acquired from moving back hope that either Hunter from Tennessee or Woods from USC. Then take Tyler Bray in the 3-4 round as developmental QB who can learn behind Smith.

Recap:
    1st overall - trade to NYJ for Revis and 9th overall - CB
    9th overall - trade back to late teens, early 20s for 2nd round pick
    1st round pick - Warmack or Cooper - LG
    2nd round (chiefs) - Best player available for MLB or S - maybe Teo falls that far with slow 40 time
    2nd (acquired) - Hunter/Woods - WR
    3rd (chiefs) - trade for Alex Smith - QB
    3rd (conditional for Carr) - BPA - maybe a DE
    4th - Tyler Bray

I know there is such a slim chance of this happening but if it would somehow happen to work out, we would have filled just about every hole and filled them with quality players that can step in and start right away, while also getting Bray who had the best arm in the draft and let him mature under Smith who did wonders for Kapernick.
    Last edited by Bortnem; 02-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Troubled? how so, because of contract dispute with NYJ?

Health

He could of got AP's doctors and could be great

We're in post-Alex Smith mode now. I still like the idea of trading #1 for Revis, #9, and their 2nd round pick. This trade values Revis equal to the #12 overall pick in the draft. This trade seems quite fair for both teams if the Jets value their QB enough to jump the QB-needy teams ahead of them. The next best QB option this offseason is in the draft. Jax, Oak, Cle, Ari, and Buf all need QB's and the supply of even adequate players for that position are in low supply. The Chiefs are suddenly in a position of strength by trading for Alex Smith and possessing the #1 selection. This trade boils down to how serious the Jets are about upgrading their QB play and how badly they want Revis gone.

If this scenario plays out, the Chiefs suddenly possess another 2nd round pick that could be substituted in the Alex Smith trade instead of #34 overall. (Again, the trade is a "2nd round pick" and not necessarily #34)

**Please understand this isn't what I think will happen. Just an idea that I would bring up if I were sitting at the table.**

Chiefs trade #1 to NYJ for Revis, #9, and #39- Jets get their QB
    Chiefs trade #9, and Jonathan Baldwin (equivalent to mid-2nd rd pick) to Rams for #16 and #22- Rams get their OL and WR. (Yes, Baldwin is still worth AT LEAST a mid-2nd round pick.)
    Chiefs trade #39 to SF in package for Alex Smith.

Chiefs turn #1 into Revis, #16, #22, and protect #34. If the Chiefs extend Bowe and bring back both Albert and T.J., there won't be too many more holes to fill. QB addressed. CB, LT, and one DE. So the Chiefs sit there with 3 picks between 16 and 34 with DE, TE, and ILB to address. Seems pretty plausible at that point. Picks like TE's Eifert/Ertz at 16, DE's Ansah/Hunt at 22, and then perhaps ILB Ogletree/Te'o at 34. The Chiefs could turn to WR with the first pick in the 3rd and then make a run on the guys I suggested like Lattimore, Lotulelei (I actually think he'll go undrafted), and Mathieu in the following picks. Spending a supplemental 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick on high risk/high reward guys like those seem like a pretty good use of those picks to me.

Rappaport at NFL Network says his "Chiefs people" say LT is still on the board and that the team will be looking to sign or trade for a starting CB.

Arizona Cardinals are "in love" with Matt Barkley.

Buffalo says they are interested in drafting a QB in the first round.

Jacksonville is also in the QB market and I think all this QB talk does nothing but make the #1 overall pick that much more valuable and likely to be traded for. It's going to take a pretty big package from any of those teams to jump up and take the #1 pick overall. I think the ideal scenario will be for the Chiefs to trade #1 to the highest bidder with Jacksonville winning the bid. Then, turn around and do the exact same thing with #2 overall. In that scenario, the Chiefs would actually be in the position to control where the top 3 QB options go and benefit from the acquisition of each of those guys.

I'd love to see the Chiefs swap 1st's with JAX and gain their 2nd round pick, then turn right around and swap with either Buffalo or Arizona and do the same to them. Maybe flip that next pick to NY for #9 and Revis. Turn that pick into St. Louis' 2 first round picks. Let's count up the booty:

Chiefs trade Branden Albert to PHI for Nick Foles, #67
    Chiefs trade #1 to Jax for #2, #33 (highest bidder)
    Chiefs trade #2 to ARI for #7, #38, #69 and 2014 2nd and 3rd (need to make up 1500 pts)
    Chiefs trade #7, #69 to NYJ for #9, Revis
    Chiefs trade #9, #67 to STL for #16 and #22

Chiefs gain Revis, Foles, #16, #22, #33, #34, 2014 2nd & 3rd

Chiefs lose Albert, #1, #38 (Smith trade)

Potential needs addressed in first 2 rounds:
    #1 CB
    Backup/QBOTF
    LT
    TE
    ILB
    WR

Include Lattimore and Mathieu in the later rounds and we could be looking like a very serious threat to the top teams in the league.

Lol... I love the offseason for crazy scenarios like this.

Haha...If Only we could get that done.