Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chiefs keep Bowe, Albert, Colquitt

Default Chiefs keep Bowe, Albert, Colquitt

Still a chance that Albert could be traded after receiving the tag. Lets say Philly gets Albert and our #1 pick, Chiefs gets Philly's 1st pick(#4 overall) and their 2nd rd pick.

I think both teams would make that trade. There is a fair chance that there may only be 1 QB taken in the first round. Possibly none. This trade would give the Chiefs a very good LT with the #4 pick, possibly a QBOTF with the 2nd rd pick and we have Alex Smith as our starter for the next couple of years. Philly gets the best player in the draft and a very good LT(Albert) by using only their first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Still a chance that Albert could be traded after receiving the tag. Lets say Philly gets Albert and our #1 pick, Chiefs gets Philly's 1st pick(#4 overall) and their 2nd rd pick.

I think both teams would make that trade. There is a fair chance that there may only be 1 QB taken in the first round. Possibly none. This trade would give the Chiefs a very good LT with the #4 pick, possibly a QBOTF with the 2nd rd pick and we have Alex Smith as our starter for the next couple of years. Philly gets the best player in the draft and a very good LT(Albert) by using only their first two picks.

Would rather pick a qb first, hold onto albert for a year let him go then draft a LT next draft.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Would rather pick a qb first, hold onto albert for a year let him go then draft a LT next draft.
    Taking a Qb 1st now would make no sense for this team. Like it or not they have already paid a price for Alex Smith. He's going to be the starter given the price that they paid. (which I will agree was to high) but it is what it is. It just wouldn't make much sense to draft a QB given the trade and that this Class of QBs just doesn't have a standout in it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    An idea I hadn't thought of is the Chiefs being so "far apart" with Albert on a new deal could flip him to a team like St. Louis for one of their first round picks or a 2nd round pick and then flip the later of the picks to SF in the Smith trade. The team we traded Albert to would sign him to an extended contract and all parties are happy. The Chiefs turn Albert into an early round draft pick while having the chance to take a LT #1 overall. There may be some chance the Chiefs could land #22 from St. Louis and if they could, I'd do that deal without blinking an eye. Chiefs take LT #1, then BQBA at #22 and they're set.

Just a thought.

I think this would be the best case scenario for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think this would be the best case scenario for us.
    Well now we have released Eric Winston so I think it's pretty unlikely that we are going to trade Brandon Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Well now we have released Eric Winston so I think it's pretty unlikely that we are going to trade Brandon Albert.
    I hadn't heard that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345