Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs keep Bowe, Albert, Colquitt

Default Chiefs keep Bowe, Albert, Colquitt

The Kansas City Chiefs made sure that wide receiver Dwayne Bowe wasn't going anywhere. And they didn't have to use the franchise tag.
    Albert Breer of NFL.com reports that Bowe and the Chiefs reached a new five-year contract on Monday. ESPN first reported the news. The regime change in Kansas City ultimately helped keep Bowe in town. Signing Bowe long-term also allowed the Chiefs to use the franchise tag on Branden Albert. The Chiefs also reached a long-term agreement with punter Dustin Colquitt, according to ESPN.
    New coach Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey made it clear they were fans of Bowe, and did not want to lose him. Kansas City boasts a solid group of skill position talent with Bowe, wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin, running back Jamaal Charles, and Tony Moeaki to pair with incoming quarterback Alex Smith.
    Financial terms are still unclear, but it's safe to say Bowe will be one of the highest paid wide receivers in the league. Keeping Bowe is another sign that Reid doesn't see this Chiefs job as some great rebuilding project. They look like a team that wants to compete in 2013. To do so, they keep one of the best free agents off the market.
    Now Reid will find out the answer to a question that former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli always seemed to wonder about: How will Bowe react to big money?

Great news

Seems were not just going to let Albert walk see what happens when you let the offseason play out instead of losing your mind just because of one move
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Looks very promising we will trade down with our #1 cause we no longer need a lineman looks like db is our next need to fill

The Reid/Dorsey combination is starting to make me think we may have a younger version of DV! I'm liking Reid more every day!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Great news

Seems were not just going to let Albert walk see what happens when you let the offseason play out instead of losing your mind just because of one move
    Who would have thought to let things play out? I didn't think we were keeping both but am stoked we did. My god can you believe reid and Dorsey actually have a plan. Shocking.

Goes to show that everyone on this site including myself don't know jack sheit about the new regimes plans. This site is a place to air out your opinions yes, but not to sit here and bicker and argue something you know nothing about till you are blue in the face

I like it.

Default its official we keep bowe and colquit

Resigned 5 year deals!!! Nice!! Now draft a qb resign Albert . Get a DE WR and CB.

I still really like the smith signing even for a 2 if we win playoff game and draft a QB in 4th. Or 3rd.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast