Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs release Winston

Hybrid View

Default Chiefs release Winston

This comes as a surprise to me. I thought he did well last year, and his contract wasn't too big I thought.

Per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-eric-winston/

I think this makes our plans in the draft pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think this makes our plans in the draft pretty obvious.
    Nope we drafting Geno! Take it to the bank. Sarcasm. Our GM is gonna draft the BPA and I don't know when the Geno fans will admit no one with any football wavy thinks he's the BPA at number one. I really think its gonna be Fisher.

The word is out that the Chiefs brass really likes Joeckel & they want to get a CB in FA. As I said before, trade down from #1 is not likely because there will probably be no takers -- it's that simple.

Forget this nonsense about drafting Dee Millner at #1. No CB has been drafted above #4 since Charles Woodson in 1998 & Millner is not as good a prospect as Woodson coming out of college.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Nope we drafting Geno! Take it to the bank. Sarcasm. Our GM is gonna draft the BPA and I don't know when the Geno fans will admit no one with any football wavy thinks he's the BPA at number one. I really think its gonna be Fisher.
    Fisher is an interesting player, but it's been said that the Chiefs brass still likes Joeckel a little bit better. Of course, I could be wrong, and they might change their mind after the pro days occur.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-06-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Default chiefs have releases eric winston

Wow! what a lot of us thought was one of the better moves made by the old regime this time last year. Verrrry interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Wow! what a lot of us thought was one of the better moves made by the old regime this time last year. Verrrry interesting.
    I can't help but wonder if Clark Hunt may have had his hand in this move because Winston did not do himself any favors with what he said to the media after the Ravens game. He'd have been better served to keep silent. Speculation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    This means we are going LT for the draft, phuking A, can't wait to watch Alex Smith throw 30 passes per game under 10 yards like we have seen the past 4 seasons.
    Think Tyler Wilson at the top of round #3. Very possible that he could fall there. Think Landry Jones in rounds 4 through 7 to double-dip at the QB position. just throwing the scenario out there. If it happened, would it really be so bad?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.

This means we are going LT for the draft, phuking A, can't wait to watch Alex Smith throw 30 passes per game under 10 yards like we have seen the past 4 seasons.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Probably best for both sides. Winston has been a hated man in this town since he opened his mouth and called out Chiefs fans. Which he had every right to do in my opinion. Nonetheless, he was hated by a lot of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Probably best for both sides. Winston has been a hated man in this town since he opened his mouth and called out Chiefs fans. Which he had every right to do in my opinion. Nonetheless, he was hated by a lot of the fans.
    Winston took the booing personal. 1. It was hit fault Cassel got hit. He got beat. 2. He is in no position to call out an entire fan base the way he did. It gave the Chiefs fan base a very bad reputation as his response went viral in the National Media about how poor the Chiefs fan base was. 3. He was very skeptical as a player all year. I thought when we signed him he was going to be a rock at RT. I think Stephenson will be an upgrade, if the Chiefs don't move Albert to RT which by the Way he said on Twitter was a big NO WAY.

I am not happy to see him go, but I could care less if he stayed. I liked it better when our offensive lineman had a rule to never speak to the media, because he was voice of excuses. He was a true leader of a losing team.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast