Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new chief dunta robinson

Default new chief dunta robinson

opinions on him? he's the ex falcons cb that is 30 years old and is known as a hard hitter.

Theres a good cb free agent class this year i think.
    Gamble-panthers
    Hall-redskins
    Robinson- falcons
    Alib-patriots

Thats lff the top of my head but think theres more.

yes i get that jason. Robinson has signed a 3 year deal with us. What do you think of him? I want another player to add to this....maybe smith?

Oh i just saw that news. I thought you was just saying you wished chiefs would sign him. I think its a good pick up. Im not sure how his play was the last few years though. I thought he was good in houston but havent laid attention to him really. But better then what we have besides flowers anyways.

Good signing if he's transitioning to FS. Big name, poor results as a starting CB. Hope there's more to come at CB.

Veteran presence in the defensive backfield certainly won't hurt, but where will he play is the next question.

According to PFT, we are in touch with Sean Smith, who is thought to be one of the top 3 CBs available. I like the aggressive approach this offseason. It would be awesome to fill a lot of holes and be able to truly go BPA throughout the draft.

Totally agree. I have lost faith in Lewis' ability to stay healthy. though it seems we have quite a few players all looking for a similar role. Arenas, Menzie, Hartman, Brown, Abdullah, and now Robinson. Curious to see this play out. I think at the right price Sean Smith would be a good signing. Mostly because it will be one less need going into the draft, and with the loss of our 2nd rounder, I think Smith is better value than anyone that may be available in the 3rd round.

Hopefully we are moving tword a defense that can impose their will on teams, I love some big hitters and welcome him to the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Totally agree. I have lost faith in Lewis' ability to stay healthy. though it seems we have quite a few players all looking for a similar role. Arenas, Menzie, Hartman, Brown, Abdullah, and now Robinson. Curious to see this play out. I think at the right price Sean Smith would be a good signing. Mostly because it will be one less need going into the draft, and with the loss of our 2nd rounder, I think Smith is better value than anyone that may be available in the 3rd round.

Chiefs no longer interested in Sean Smith

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2013, 9:40 AM EST
    Getty ImagesWith the league’s heavy-handed, contradictory memo scaring teams silent overnight, there’s still no barrier on making it known that a team isn’t interested in a given player.
    The Chiefs, after signing cornerback Dunta Robinson, no longer have interest in Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith, per a league source.
    Robinson is believed to be getting starter money from the Chiefs. With Brandon Flower doing the same, paying Smith top-of-market money no longer makes sense.
    Kansas City’s interest in Smith was one of the few nuggets of information that emerged after the legal non-tampering tampering period opened at midnight.
    If, of course, Smith overplays his hand and doesn’t do a deal before the market softens, the Chiefs potentially could become interested again — at a lower rate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast