Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Dorsey -- Chiefs are trying to resign him

Default Glenn Dorsey -- Chiefs are trying to resign him

Here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...eal-for-dorsey

I will grant you that Dorsey hasn't become the superstar D-Lineman everybody hoped he would become, but bringing him back certainly does NOT hurt their run defense on his side of the field.

I hope it happens.

He was a starter last year, so my guess is that he is better than anything we have on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    He was a starter last year, so my guess is that he is better than anything we have on the bench.

Pitoitua did an excellent job. If I had to choose between them, I'd probably take Pitoitua.

The main difference between Pitoitua and Dorsey is that Pitoitua started when Gibbs was DC, asking a lot more to attack, less to contain. Dorsey can get to the QB if he's asked to, can handle better double blocks and it's better against the run. Anyway, worse than Jackson, Chiefs can find an improvement in the market for 3-4 DE or in the draft, not in roster.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I think dorsey got screwed and been profetional about it. He was moved to end when he was a dt. Also i dont think he was never really asked to rush the qb with crennel as dc. Like post earluer said when gibbs was dc pitouti was asked to rush more but think dorsey wod have been better. I think the chiefs are trying to get most postions settled so we can draft best player available. Id like to move daunta robinson to safety and sign another cb. I wint be suprised if we sign a rt as well in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think dorsey got screwed and been profetional about it. He was moved to end when he was a dt. Also i dont think he was never really asked to rush the qb with crennel as dc. Like post earluer said when gibbs was dc pitouti was asked to rush more but think dorsey wod have been better. I think the chiefs are trying to get most postions settled so we can draft best player available. Id like to move daunta robinson to safety and sign another cb. I wont be suprised if we sign a C/G as well in free agency.
    Sorry, I had to fix that portion of it. If they were looking to sign a RT in FA, then it's doubtful they would have released Winston with the RT's commanding more money than Winston was making. The rest of what you said is probably true.

Yeah we need depth all across our line

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Pitoitua did an excellent job. If I had to choose between them, I'd probably take Pitoitua.
    +1. Not that Dorsey's that bad, it's just that he never seemed to "fit" in a 3-4.

Bye Dorsey.

Dorsey leaves to join another 3-4 team. #stupid #moneyhungry #forestfortrees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast