Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Default ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Let's try to keep things all in one place if we can. Moderators want to merge some threads?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Ian Rappaport is reporting that DeVito is currently negotiating a deal with us.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/311570884831895554
    Looks like we've reached a deal with him.

@JasonLaCanfora
    Mike DeVito's 3yr deal with KC is worth $12.6M with $6.2 guaranteed. Makes $5.1M in 2013

I am wondering what their plan is for the OL. We currently have a hole at RT and LG. I guess you can pencil in Allen at LG and Stephenson at RT, but then we need a backup at C, G and Tackle. I would like to see them pickup either someone to compete with Allen at LG or maybe someone who has experience at C and can play guard as well for depth. Then draft someone for the tackle spot. Whether that means Joeckel, or someone in like the 3rd as a backup to Stephenson.
    Joeckel killed it at his pro day & my guess is he'll do the same at his private workout scheduled with the Chiefs on March 22. I could be wrong, but things are sure leaning towards the Chiefs drafting him at #1. It's been said the Chiefs brass prefers him over Fisher, although Fisher will also be conducting a private workout with the Chiefs later this month.

I could see the Chiefs brass going after a G/C in FA, but I don't believe they are looking at RT at FA, because many of the RT's available in FA are commanding more money than what they would've had to pay Eric Winston, if they had kept him.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-12-2013 at 07:17 PM.

I would say we have already had a better offseason then we had at anytime that pioli was here. Time will tell but i like it.

Best one day the chiefs have had in 15 years

A lot of Chiefs fans don't like the way the Chiefs new brass has gone about addressing the QB position with the Alex Smith trade and the Chase Daniel signing, but as I've stated multiple times before, every QB that the Chiefs have drafted since the realignment of AFL-NFL in 1970 has been a bust. It seems like the Chiefs are just flat out cursed when it comes to drafting QB's, so I can't blame the new Chiefs brass one bit for going the route that they have with bringing in Alex Smith and Chase Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I would say we have already had a better offseason then we had at anytime that pioli was here. Time will tell but i like it.

I've been a huge critic of piopli, but we all know that every gm wants a winning team and they all want the big fa signings. Therefore I'm glad to see that Clark Hunt has given the reins to the gm. Also this year they have to spent the money.

In other words, I'm a Pioli Hater, but I know he was restricted.

And I like it as well, except I feel we gave waaay to much for Alex Smith, but I realize they have to win now or loose even more fanbase.

So Chase Daniel(QB), Mike Devito(DE) and Anthony Fasano(TE) so far. Seattle cut Leon Washington, he is a decent return man and was our fourth round pick in 2006(comp for Herm to the Jets). Just musing, waiting for some more good news!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Joeckel killed it at his pro day & my guess is he'll do the same at his private workout scheduled with the Chiefs on March 22. I could be wrong, but things are sure leaning towards the Chiefs drafting him at #1. It's been said the Chiefs brass prefers him over Fisher, although Fisher will also be conducting a private workout with the Chiefs later this month.

I could see the Chiefs brass going after a G/C in FA, but I don't believe they are looking at RT at FA, because many of the RT's available in FA are commanding more money than what they would've had to pay Eric Winston, if they had kept him.
    Yeah, I agree that we probably wont pickup a RT in FA. No one really impresses me as much as they are asking for. Plus we have Stephenson, who I think would do great at RT of we end up trading out of the #1 pick. Right now though, I see our OL being:
    Albert, Allen?, Hudson, Asamoah, Joeckel

I would like to see Allen play a little better next year, which is why I am hoping for a G that can play C to push him for the job. My ideal scenario would be to trade down and get a 2nd round pick back and use it on Jonathan Cooper or Barret Jones.

Tex, Im expecting a big announcement about the CB position given your posts in other threads.
    Given the DeVito signing, I'm fully expecting one as well because my guy seems to be plugged in. I expect 2 perhaps 3 more significant signings over the next 24 hours. (not including Dorsey)

Derrius Heyward- Bey and Micheal Huff have been released by the Faders. Both former 1st rounders. I do not pay- well- any attention to the Faders, so does anyone have something on these two?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast