Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Default ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Let's try to keep things all in one place if we can. Moderators want to merge some threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I know im just being greedy now but *i need moreee!!!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I agree with all that, but there is a catch. Is any of the 31 other teams out there going to want to part with a 2nd round pick and pay Albert anything close to the contract that he wants? It's looking very doubtful. Albert still has to prove, not only to the Chiefs brass, but to the other 31 teams as well, that his back is not an issue and that he can hang for a full season. Plus, I'd bet money that none of the other 31 teams view Albert as a top-10 LT, and rightfully so.

Whether Albert stays or goes, the Chiefs best move would be to take either Joeckel ( if they can't trade down ) or Fisher or Johnson ( if they trade down a few slots ). Sure, you could have the scenario in 2013 of Albert playing LT with the 1st year Tackle playing on the right side, but so what? Willie Roaf played RT in his rookie season in 1993 and Jonathan Ogden played Left Guard in his rookie season in 1996.

Believe me, I'm all for trading Albert due to him wanting a big contract that he doesn't warrant & his wanting the Chiefs to guarantee him to be a LT when common sense should tell him and everyone else, that the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. Getting a 2nd rounder for Albert would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it, due to the reasons stated above.

Albert isn't an elite LT, but he's worth a 2nd round pick. I think things will get worked out between the Chiefs and the Dolphins who have a pair in the 2nd round and a gaping hole after losing Long. I don't think the options remaining on the FA market are as good as Albert and neither do the Dolphins, which is why the Chiefs are already having discussions with them and a few other teams out there. I think it's 95% certain that Albert will be wearing a different uniform in 2013. The Chiefs want more picks in a deep draft and are in position to get elite at LT. Unless they're only getting offered 4th rounders for Albert, the Chiefs will trade him.

*** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Ropati Pitoitua signed with Titans. Less DL depth, I think draft will bring some.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    ropati pitoitua signed with titans. Less dl depth, i think draft will bring some.
    #$@&!!!!!! Loud noises!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Ropati Pitoitua signed with Titans. Less DL depth, I think draft will bring some.
    A very questionable move. The starting three right now would be Jackson, Poe, DeVito with Toribio, Powe, and Bailey backing them up.

I'd look for them to take a D-Lineman somewhere in the draft, although I can't really get on board with taking a D-Lineman in round 1 as that would be the 4th D-Lineman in round 1 since 2008 and taking D-Lineman in round 1 for the 3-4 -- outside of a NT candidate like Poe -- just doesn't work. Floyd played in a 4-3 in college and I believe Star also did. To me it makes more sense to pick up D-Lineman that have played in the 3-4 in college in rounds 2-7 or get guys like DeVito that have experience playing in the 3-4. But, time will tell.

I'm good with Poe and Bailey but I thought Pitoitua was one of the few bright spots of last season. This move sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm good with Poe and Bailey but I thought Pitoitua was one of the few bright spots of last season. This move sucks.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This Move Really Really sucks. Other than the fact Pitoitua lived next door to my Bronco Fan Brother In Law making him a little uncfortable to wear his donkey stuff. I thought he was the best DL we had last year.

610 sports reported that andy studebaker was cut today cuz he was scheduled for 2 mil and wouldnt take a pay cut.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast