Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Default ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Let's try to keep things all in one place if we can. Moderators want to merge some threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    Glenn Dorsey signed with San Francisco.
    It is what it is.

Not too worried about Welker. Arenas is probably the only CB in the league that can keep up with him while he was on the same page with Brady. Shouldn't be any harder with him on a new team even if the QB is Peyton Manning. No real reason to panic about that move by the donks.

If we were honest with ourselves, we pretty much knew Dorsey wasn't coming back since the middle of last season. The only real shocking part of him leaving is that he left to go to another 3-4 defense... kind of a weird move on his part, IMO.

Avery is a good pickup for the Chiefs. They needed someone to stretch the field and he does just that. With him blowing the cap off the defense, this offense is going to be extremely difficult to play against. He may not have the best hands in the league, but defenses are definitely going to have to respect his skill-set and that's where I think his value lies. He's going to open up the field for the offense and THAT is why he's a Chief. Nice signing.

Still waiting on that CB. Heard it was pretty much a done deal but something happened to the market that got the front office's attention. The player wants to be here but the Chiefs are suddenly weighing options due to a "recently changed" CB market... whatever that means. I heard the first player they were going aggressively after was going to be a major coup for the Chiefs. For them to back away at this point has me VERY interested in what kind of option available has them putting things on pause for a moment.

By the way, I love the idea of bringing Pollard back home. Don't think it will happen or even sure if it's a good fit with Berry already manning SS, but I definitely love the idea. It would kinda symbolize an acknowledgment of failure by the franchise for hiring Pioli/Haley. That would be great.
    Last edited by texaschief; 03-13-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Texas... the anticipation is killing me. Haha.

I know time will tell but I am very impressed with Reid and Dorsey. It is so comforting to know we are going to field a way better team next season.

The free agency market is what it is. The only way the CB market could've changed was on the trade front. There's at least 1 big fish on the trade market. Haven't heard of too many CB's on the trade market right now.

Bob Sutton came from that NYJ defensive staff. The Chiefs have already signed DeVito from NYJ. I've heard they're discussing Sione Pouha. Could Revis suddenly be on the table? I think this is the biggest reason you haven't heard any news involving Revis or Sean Smith. (Just my guess as to who the two players involved are. I haven't heard names, just descriptions)

Broncos also look at Nnamdi, if Denver gets a solid corner, its going to be hard to dethrone denver from the AFC West top spot

Charles Woodson did not come to an agreement in San Francisco. Could Dorsey bring him here from GB to play FS?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Charles Woodson did not come to an agreement in San Francisco. Could Dorsey bring him here from GB to play FS?
    Dorsey and Al Harris (the assistant secondary coach). Apparently Al Harris also has a connection to Sean Smith, which is why there was that talk of tampering a couple weeks back. Apparently Smith said he was talking to his old friend Al Harris, but not about coming to KC (Im sure it never came up ...).

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The free agency market is what it is. The only way the CB market could've changed was on the trade front. There's at least 1 big fish on the trade market. Haven't heard of too many CB's on the trade market right now.

Bob Sutton came from that NYJ defensive staff. The Chiefs have already signed DeVito from NYJ. I've heard they're discussing Sione Pouha. Could Revis suddenly be on the table? I think this is the biggest reason you haven't heard any news involving Revis or Sean Smith. (Just my guess as to who the two players involved are. I haven't heard names, just descriptions)
    It might have "changed" because of the CBs who were released may have flooded the market, making everyone less valuable. I think this is why almost no CBs have signed anywhere. No one can come to an agreement on the actual market value.

Yeah, the flurry of player releases has definitely changed the FA landscape

I don't really want Revis, seems like he's always holding out, and who knows how his knee is gonna be. I'd def take Smith if the pric is right. We need a good corner but we don't need to I repay when there are other options. And how in the fudge does Denver have enough cap space for their roster Jeez....
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast