Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Default ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

Let's try to keep things all in one place if we can. Moderators want to merge some threads?

I asked about Revis for a 1st round swap. All I got in response was "lol didn't beat Tampa." After that, I started hearing reports about Tampa being the leader for Revis. I think we'll like the next couple signings. Some of the names being tossed around are legit players. Not sure how all these guys are fitting under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Derrius Heyward- Bey and Micheal Huff have been released by the Faders. Both former 1st rounders. I do not pay- well- any attention to the Faders, so does anyone have something on these two?
    Heyward-Bey went in the first because Al Davis loved speed. He wasn't worth a high 1st round pick, but hasn't produced any lower than perhaps a 2nd round pick. (A lot like Tyson Jackson) He was due a lot of money and this move was more about cap space than player talent. I'd love to bring a guy like that in opposite Bowe to stretch the field.

Michael Huff is a good DB. Again, more about money than talent. Played at Texas and has had a pretty good career in Oakland. I don't think he'd be a good fit on this defense, but he wouldn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Derrius Heyward- Bey and Micheal Huff have been released by the Faders. Both former 1st rounders. I do not pay- well- any attention to the Faders, so does anyone have something on these two?
    For what it is worth, I have heard from Traider fans that Huff was a really good safety, who moved to corner this year out of need, and held his own at CB, and was more than decent.

I would like the chiefs to look at huff at safety.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Given the DeVito signing, I'm fully expecting one as well because my guy seems to be plugged in. I expect 2 perhaps 3 more significant signings over the next 24 hours. (not including Dorsey)
    I dont disbelieve it. There are a ton of really good CBs, LBs and Safeties left. Not much left on Offense that I would be excited about other than for depth.

If we were to pick up a top notch ILB and CB, then I think we would be perfectly set-up for the draft. Most of our holes would be filled (except questionable holes on OL and WR), allowing us to truly go BPA.

Heyward-Bey went in the first because Al Davis loved speed. He wasn't worth a high 1st round pick, but hasn't produced any lower than perhaps a 2nd round pick. (A lot like Tyson Jackson) He was due a lot of money and this move was more about cap space than player talent. I'd love to bring a guy like that in opposite Bowe to stretch the field.

Michael Huff is a good DB. Again, more about money than talent. Played at Texas and has had a pretty good career in Oakland. I don't think he'd be a good fit on this defense, but he wouldn't suck.
    DHB has some good speed to spread the field, which I have felt we lacked for a few years now. Problem is that he drops balls too frequently for me. That having been said, this is a real weak WR class this year.

How great could a team actually get if they constantly were able to draft BPA throughout the draft while having obvious holes filled during FA with good NFL players???? As this team currently stands, I don't think there's any way the Chiefs lose more than 8 games next season. They'll have a last place schedule with a bunch of returning Pro Bowlers and an above average QB at the helm. Not to mention a severe upgrade in coaching. There's a lot to be excited about heading into next season already.

I haven't heard this name mentioned connected to KC, but I would love Love LOVE it if the Chiefs signed Keenan Lewis at CB. This guy is 6'0, 26 years old and has hit the open market... yes please!

I haven't heard this name mentioned connected to KC, but I would love Love LOVE it if the Chiefs signed Keenan Lewis at CB. This guy is 6'0, 26 years old and has hit the open market... yes please!
    He is my top target. I think he is slightly better than Sean Smith and I believe they are the same age. My preference order would be Lewis, Smith and Chris Houston. I also wouldnt be too upset if they got someone older like Chris Gamble or Brent Grimes for the short term and drafting someone in the 3rd or later (Tyrann Matthieu?) to develop into a CB for the future.

If I took Mathieu in the draft, I'd do it with the intention of moving him to FS. He's a pretty good ball-hawk and that's what I want from my free safety.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast