Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign Devito

Default Chiefs sign Devito

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/1...hiefs-contract

Looks like another solid signing! So happy to see us go after and get some players!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

And omg, quit going to Pioli about Chiefs updates! Dude did nothing good for our team. I don't think we're the only ones who realize how crappy a job he did with us. He's far from an expert on KC in my opinion.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Is he an end or a nose?

I believe he played DE in New York. He is supposedly a really good run stuffer and opens good lanes for blitzing LBs.

This is why Glenn Dorsey won't be re-signed. They're practically the same player. He'll probably play 3-4 DE but can also lineup at 4-3 DT when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Is he an end or a nose?
    I believe I read that he played end 60% and nose 40%. Probably end on running downs and DT on passing downs, I'd assume. Seems like more of a run guy though, so I doubt you'll see him much at nose. The scouting report was "He's hard to play against." Stats don't seem much different than Dorsey's, but what I like is the part about "He's hard to play against." That rubs off on the guys next to him. Reid's first big signing in Philly was Jon Runyan, who was a mean/nasty SOB. Rubbed off on the rest of the line. All of a sudden Tra Thomas went from being a bust to an all pro.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This is why Glenn Dorsey won't be re-signed. They're practically the same player. He'll probably play 3-4 DE but can also lineup at 4-3 DT when needed.
    Never heard a whiff about signing this guy till today. My guess is that they offered Dorsey the same deal they were prepared to offer Devito. They probably gave him a deadline of yesterday at 3:30 to sign it and he elected to pursue free agency. So the Chiefs gave Devito Glenn's contract.

I agree that the chances of Dorsey remaining a Chief now sit slightly above 0%. We are just about out of cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Never heard a whiff about signing this guy till today. My guess is that they offered Dorsey the same deal they were prepared to offer Devito. They probably gave him a deadline of yesterday at 3:30 to sign it and he elected to pursue free agency. So the Chiefs gave Devito Glenn's contract.

I agree that the chances of Dorsey remaining a Chief now sit slightly above 0%. We are just about out of cap space.
    I have no clue as to this guy's skill set, how does he compare to Dorsey?

Comparatively productive, but instead of being an underachieving high draft pick he's an over achieving undrafted guy. Great against the run. Versatile. Leader in the locker room. Plays mean. Comparable numbers to Dorsey.

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    Comparatively productive, but instead of being an underachieving high draft pick he's an over achieving undrafted guy. Great against the run. Versatile. Leader in the locker room. Plays mean. Comparable numbers to Dorsey.
    Cool! Thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast