Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: jaguars looking into geno smith

Default jaguars looking into geno smith

Jaguars send group to West Virginia Pro Day

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe Jaguars have the No. 2 pick in April’s draft. And they would seem to be giving the impression of doing every bit of due diligence on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, who’s regarded as the top passing prospect available.
    The Jaguars said Wednesday that general manager David Caldwell, head coach Gus Bradley, offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch, senior vice president Tony Khan and player personnel director Terry McDonough will be attending West Virginia’s pro day on Thursday in Morgantown. Per the West Virginia athletics website, every NFL team is expected to have a presence at the pro day.
    The Jaguars are somewhat unsettled at quarterback. Blaine Gabbert has had a challenging first two NFL seasons, and the general manager who drafted him (Gene Smith) is gone. Moreover, Bradley will be Gabbert’s fourth head coach in his short pro career. Likewise, veteran Chad Henne is also a holdover from an old regime. In February, Caldwell told NFL.com that there would be “a wide-open competition” at quarterback.

But do you agree with this regime keeping the good players and getting some new players at the positions where we needed a change? So much movement on this team means they have a plan. You would rather see a 2-3 win season again next year? At least we have something to cheer for this season, half wins might not get us Super Bowl but very much an upgrade from last season! And I'm sorry I don't see a point in crying that we will never have the #1 overall pick again u can keep it I strive to win!

Dorsey being a talent scout should be able to bring in some sleeper players late in rounds also. Tom Brady NUFF SAID

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    But do you agree with this regime keeping the good players and getting some new players at the positions where we needed a change? So much movement on this team means they have a plan. You would rather see a 2-3 win season again next year? At least we have something to cheer for this season, half wins might not get us Super Bowl but very much an upgrade from last season! And I'm sorry I don't see a point in crying that we will never have the #1 overall pick again u can keep it I strive to win!

What positions where we needed a change? We don't even have a starting CB or WR opposite of Flowers and Bowe, and when we do bring in one or the other they won't be top tier. The rumor is Sean Smith will be brought in and even Chiefs Crowd members are moaning about that move.

You don't understand, Alex Cassel is a conservative game manager. A conservative game manager who does not put up yards or throw for tds shouldn't be acquired for a second pick and considered a long term solution. He didn't start winning games until he had the best D in the league with the number 1 rushing game. He doesn't have much upside, that is nothing to be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    What positions where we needed a change? We don't even have a starting CB or WR opposite of Flowers and Bowe, and when we do bring in one or the other they won't be top tier. The rumor is Sean Smith will be brought in and even Chiefs Crowd members are moaning about that move.

You don't understand, Alex Cassel is a conservative game manager. A conservative game manager who does not put up yards or throw for tds shouldn't be acquired for a second pick and considered a long term solution. He didn't start winning games until he had the best D in the league with the number 1 rushing game. He doesn't have much upside, that is nothing to be excited about.
    After the 2nd day of free agency and one FA CB off the board, ALL IS LOST!!!

My Man Hali. You were right about last season. But you are wrong about Alex smih. He did not succeed until be had a good coach the defense has always been stout. The coaching offensively was terrible he got a good QB coach and played well. Secondly our new staff hasn't even practiced yet and you are throwing in the towel.

I suggest you post on CHIEFS PLANET! All that group does is ***** and whine and moan and scream detest for two guys who have had nothing but success in the NFL in Dorsey and Reid. Dorsey said and this is a quote "I'm going to build this team with a philosophy that's been ingrained in me, by bringing and drafting the BPA". He did it for Green Bay hell do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    In all seriousness, why is Denver who was 13-3 with Peyton Manning last year signing impact FA while we are left with Alex Cassel's 4.6 yards per pass? Is the RT we are going to draft going to be able to cover Decker, Thomas and Welker? They also signed DRC who did not have a good year last year but has potential to help their secondary.

How much does a RT with the number 1 pick improve our record? We even traded the 34th pick which could of went towards a starting corner. What in the hell are we doing to offset Denver? Are we just throwing in the towel for the next 2-3 seasons?
    The sky is falling. We have not even draft yet and DOOM and Gloom. Until the Chiefs do draft a LT/RT or start working on a contract naming who they will draft. Why rub your jewels wrong with your pants in a wad.

Mymanhali. Errrrrrrrrr. Mymanorton. Errrrrrrr whatever your new name after your next ban will be..get over it! You are the most negative fan I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    My Man Hali. You were right about last season. But you are wrong about Alex smih. He did not succeed until be had a good coach the defense has always been stout. The coaching offensively was terrible he got a good QB coach and played well. Secondly our new staff hasn't even practiced yet and you are throwing in the towel.

I suggest you post on CHIEFS PLANET! All that group does is ***** and whine and moan and scream detest for two guys who have had nothing but success in the NFL in Dorsey and Reid. Dorsey said and this is a quote "I'm going to build this team with a philosophy that's been ingrained in me, by bringing and drafting the BPA". He did it for Green Bay hell do it for us.
    Ok, I'm going to step in here. I agree with your point of view regarding Alex Smith, Ried and Dorsey, however, I will not condone the suggestion that MMH go elsewhere to post his opinions. As long as he is respectful to the other members here he is free to post whatever opinions he feels are necessary. I can't disagree with him more, but the luxury regular members have that we mods, by virtue of our station here, do not is that they can choose to "ignore" him whether by personal settings or be simply not reading his posts. I don't have to agree with MMH, but I try to make room for varying opinions regardless of how unmerited I believe them to be.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-14-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Ok, I'm going to step in here. I agree with you're point of view regarding Alex Smith, Ried and Dorsey, however, I will not condone the suggestion that MMH go elsewhere to post his opinions. As long as he is respectful to the other members he is free to post whatever opinions he feels are necessary. I can't disagree with him more, but the option regular members have that we mods, by virtue of our station here, do not is that they can choose to "ignore" him whether by personal settings or be simply not reading his posts. I don't have to agree with MMH, but I try to make room for varying opinions regardless of how unmerited I believe them to be.
    Chiefster my fault. That's not how I meant it and my fault for not being more clear. I actually enjoy reading MMH's comments and respect his point of view. I was merely saying that CHIEFS PLANET is a site where negative chiefs sentiment is abundant. It shoul read I hate chiefs.com. I member on that board too but damn they are negative negative negative. I was not suggesting leave chiefs crowd was meaning to say spew the negativity over there as it is pretty much all they do. Once again my apologies to MMH.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Chiefster my fault. That's not how I meant it and my fault for not being more clear. I actually enjoy reading MMH's comments and respect his point of view. I was merely saying that CHIEFS PLANET is a site where negative chiefs sentiment is abundant. It shoul read I hate chiefs.com. I member on that board too but damn they are negative negative negative. I was not suggesting leave chiefs crowd was meaning to say spew the negativity over there as it is pretty much all they do. Once again my apologies to MMH.
    Not a problem man and I get it, no apology necessary bud. I get tired of constant negativity also.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast