Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: jaguars looking into geno smith

Default jaguars looking into geno smith

Jaguars send group to West Virginia Pro Day

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe Jaguars have the No. 2 pick in April’s draft. And they would seem to be giving the impression of doing every bit of due diligence on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, who’s regarded as the top passing prospect available.
    The Jaguars said Wednesday that general manager David Caldwell, head coach Gus Bradley, offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch, senior vice president Tony Khan and player personnel director Terry McDonough will be attending West Virginia’s pro day on Thursday in Morgantown. Per the West Virginia athletics website, every NFL team is expected to have a presence at the pro day.
    The Jaguars are somewhat unsettled at quarterback. Blaine Gabbert has had a challenging first two NFL seasons, and the general manager who drafted him (Gene Smith) is gone. Moreover, Bradley will be Gabbert’s fourth head coach in his short pro career. Likewise, veteran Chad Henne is also a holdover from an old regime. In February, Caldwell told NFL.com that there would be “a wide-open competition” at quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Have fun with your 8-8 years, mediocrity is what this board strives for. It has been apparent for years that the Chiefs as well as their fanbase are scared to death to roll the dice. We supposedly had the "sure thing" in 09 didn't we? And that ruined us for 4 years.
    You keep with this Cassel 2.0 BS. Again show me where Cassel has ever won in the playoffs? Show me I'll wait. You CAN'T. HE NEVER HAS. Alex has. Show me where smith went in a 27 game stretch winning almost 75% of his games. Again I'll wait. YOU CAN'T HE NEVER DID. As much as you want to deny it these are FACTS. Cassel and Smith are 2 different QBs. PERIOD. Do they have some things in common sure. But they are NOT the same QB. Stop pretending they are just because your mad we aren't going after your boy Geno.
    He had a very impressive pro day today. But why take the risk when we can go 8-8 with Alex Cassel?
    He looked good but he wasn't even the best player at his Pro day.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    From West Virginia's Pro Day RT @McShay13: Geno Smith put on a show. Tavon Austin stole the show!

Really take your lip off his rear end. It's getting sad now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He had a very impressive pro day today. But why take the risk when we can go 8-8 with Alex Cassel?
    Because he aint worth the risk. And he won't be a Chief.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You keep with this Cassel 2.0 BS. Again show me where Cassel has ever won in the playoffs? Show me I'll wait. You CAN'T. HE NEVER HAS. Alex has. Show me where smith went in a 27 game stretch winning almost 75% of his games. Again I'll wait. YOU CAN'T HE NEVER DID. As much as you want to deny it these are FACTS. Cassel and Smith are 2 different QBs. PERIOD. Do they have some things in common sure. But they are NOT the same QB. Stop pretending they are just because your mad we aren't going after your boy Geno.

No, they are actually identical players. 73% of Alex Smith's passes are under 10 yards, how hard is it to have a high completion percentage when you are dumping the ball off on 3 yard flat and crossing routes? 64% of Cassel's throws were under 10 yards. If you thought we dinked and dunked last year you are in for the same thing and MORE this year.
    It's easy to win games when you have THE NUMBER 1 D AND RUNNING GAME. Show me what Smith did without either one.

Why is it that he started doing well when he had a stacked team around him? Sounds like Matt Cassel in NE.

He looked good but he wasn't even the best player at his Pro day.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    From West Virginia's Pro Day RT @McShay13: Geno Smith put on a show. Tavon Austin stole the show!

Really take your lip off his rear end. It's getting sad now.

It's sad that you want a mediocre game manager verses someone that has potential. Someone we can develop from the ground up. This will be the last post I make until the start of the preseason.

Last edited by MyManHali; 03-15-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Because he aint worth the risk. And he won't be a Chief.

Cassel was worth the risk? Dude, we just spent 4 seasons on a backup who we thought had proven himself for a season in NE. If you don't take the risk you won't contend. Baltimore made the jump, Atlanta did as well. It's time we atleast TRY. Just try it for the love of god. Enough trading for other teams' backups. If we took the risk in 09 and the guy turned out to be a Jamarcus Russell it would not be any worse than it is now.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-15-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Those are the last 2 posts I will make. I will be back when preseason starts.

Throw out all the stats you want they still don't wipe out the FACT that Smith has done more then Cassel. He has won in the playoffs FACT. But go on ignoring that and keep your lips on Geno's rear end. Lets ignore a guy who has won in the playoffs in the NFL and all BOW to a guy who wasn't even the best player at his pro day.

And you keep talking about dink and dunk so again .1 yards is the difference between going down field and dink and dunk really?

I will see you in the preseason hopefully by then you will be done whineing about Geno Smith and actually be able to deal with FACTS and not the fiction that you create to hate on a guy just because he's not who you wanted.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Throw out all the stats you want they still don't wipe out the FACT that Smith has done more then Cassel. He has won in the playoffs FACT. But go on ignoring that and keep your lips on Geno's rear end. Lets ignore a guy who has won in the playoffs in the NFL and all BOW to a guy who wasn't even the best player at his pro day.

And you keep talking about dink and dunk so again .1 yards is the difference between going down field and dink and dunk really?

I will see you in the preseason hopefully by then you will be done whineing about Geno Smith and actually be able to deal with FACTS and not the fiction that you create to hate on a guy just because he's not who you wanted.

You pulled me back in. It is true that Alex Smith has won ONE playoff game in his 8 seasons as a starter. Outside of that they are pretty identical. Smith has not even thrown for 20 tds in a single season, Cassel has done that twice. Not only do we have to worry about what kind of capable starter he can be, we also have to worry about if he can even stay on the field due to health issues.

Kaepernick who was Smith's backup has played 10 games in the NFL, and he's already a superior QB. It took Alex Smith 8 years to become half the QB Kaepernick is.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-15-2013 at 02:25 AM.

You pulled me back in. It is true that Alex Smith has won ONE playoff game in his 8 seasons as a starter. Outside of that they are pretty identical. Smith has not even thrown for 20 tds in a single season, Cassel has done that twice. Not only do we have to worry about what kind of capable starter he can be, we also have to worry about if he can even stay on the field due to health issues.

Kaepernick who was Smith's backup has played 10 games in the NFL, and he's already a superior QB. It took Alex Smith 8 years to become half the QB Kaepernick is.
    Smith's 1 playoff win is more then Cassel he also had his team on the way back to the playoffs and who knows what he would have done good or bad in the playoffs. Kaepernick had a great run but he was put in a much better spot then Smith was. He was never stuck with Mike Nolan and Mike singletary as head coaches. If he had been in the same spot Smith was in his first few years we don't know what he would have done.

Anther major difference between Cassel and Smith is Cassel never carried over a good run to the fallowing year. Smith did. Is Alex Smith a clear cut superstar cut that's going to take us to the next level no he's not. But he has proven that he can win in the NFL he has shown he can win in the playoffs.Even you have noted that Smith does well in the short passing game. That's what Andy Reid does with his offense. Donovan Mcnabb wasn't airing the ball out. Was he horrible to? His high for YPC was 8.38 that's not even half a yard more then Smith. There's reason to think he could do well. There's reason to question if he will be what we need. But to go on and on about "noddle arm" and "cassel 2.0" just isn't correct Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel PERIOD end of story.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Either way you look at it. For better or worse they arw two different qbs. I think smith is a cassel 5.0 just remember smith stats are not as high cuz all of his hc were defensive minded until recently. U cant just go by stats alone. Cuz they have diferent circumstances. You dont know what they were asking him to do in times or what not.

And id take a cassel 5.0 anytime. And over geno smith whos overrated and who i think will be another vince young.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast