Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: jaguars looking into geno smith

Default jaguars looking into geno smith

Jaguars send group to West Virginia Pro Day

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe Jaguars have the No. 2 pick in April’s draft. And they would seem to be giving the impression of doing every bit of due diligence on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, who’s regarded as the top passing prospect available.
    The Jaguars said Wednesday that general manager David Caldwell, head coach Gus Bradley, offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch, senior vice president Tony Khan and player personnel director Terry McDonough will be attending West Virginia’s pro day on Thursday in Morgantown. Per the West Virginia athletics website, every NFL team is expected to have a presence at the pro day.
    The Jaguars are somewhat unsettled at quarterback. Blaine Gabbert has had a challenging first two NFL seasons, and the general manager who drafted him (Gene Smith) is gone. Moreover, Bradley will be Gabbert’s fourth head coach in his short pro career. Likewise, veteran Chad Henne is also a holdover from an old regime. In February, Caldwell told NFL.com that there would be “a wide-open competition” at quarterback.

Hali your a lair!!! You said you weren't gonna post anymore!! Frikin liar!!!@ #/$#$#$

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    +1. Agreed.

Alex Smith might not be the guy that everyone wanted (me included), but bashing the guy before he's even played a down for us won't change a thing. Reid & Dorsey had their minds made up, and inked the deal.

Another observation: Players seem to be flocking to KC - not away, like they did from Pioli. That's saying something about how players view KC's new GM & HC.
    Excellent point! Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Well as I have stated before I do think we paid to much for him. I have no problem saying that.

The talent around Smith was mainly there before Harbaugh was there. They didn't play well just like Smith didn't. That to me shows that coaching was a problem there. And most QBS are going to struggle if there's not the talent around them.

Now let me how can you defend using the BEST PICK IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT on someone who wasn't even the best player at his pro day.
    ...This!

Geno Smith isn't getting drafted by KC. Get over it.

Thank god...Jamarcus Smith I mean Geno Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Thank god...Jamarcus Smith I mean Geno Smith
    I'm pretty sure you meant Pat Smith... err Geno White...

There are a lot of new pieces on this team. We are not going to come out I the gate strong IMO, but I think as the year progresses we will start playing better. I agree with quite a bit with what MMH says too. I'm not happy with the price we payed for Smith. One second is a fair price I think but possibly another second is too much. I think maybe we can somehow find a way to recover at least next years pick for him. Dorsey is regarded as one of the best evaluators in the league, so if he didn't feel like any of the qbs in the draft were worthy of the number 1 pick then I'll have to side with him for now. I'm not a fan of Geno Smith, and feel he's too big of a question mark at number 1. Alex Smith was the best available qb, so they got him. Next years draft could hold a better option for the team at qb, and I hope if they find a guy they like they pull the trigger. But don't draft a qb just to draft one!!
    I like what we have done this offseason so far. I like the direction we are heading in. I think it's gonna be a bumpy ride at first, but I think we have a good coaching staff an some good leaders for on the field. Looking forward to the draft....
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567