Thread: Madden cover

Default Madden cover

All I'm hearing is J.C. Vs Revis on this next years madden cover... I don't know if you all are superstishish but GO REVIS!!!! I don't want J.C. Anywhere near that cover!

Wasnt adrian leterson on it and look at him now. I think he was on there.

Wasnt Calvin Johnson on it last year? He did pretty damn well, breaking Jerry Rice's record. I dont believe in the curse.

Also, there were other years when nothing really happened to the players. Larry Fitzgerald, Vince Young.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Wasnt Calvin Johnson on it last year? He did pretty damn well, breaking Jerry Rice's record. I dont believe in the curse.

Also, there were other years when nothing really happened to the players. Larry Fitzgerald, Vince Young.

And his team did so amazing....................

Fitz has no QB

Where is Vince Young again

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    And his team did so amazing....................

Fitz has no QB

Where is Vince Young again
    Calvin Johnson - So now the curse is against the whole team, not just the player? He still had an awesome record breaking season.

Fitz still had a great year and set his personal record for TDs, which he still hasnt matched.

The year Vince Young was on the cover, he went to the playoffs. So unless the curse now is a long term curse (which then I present you Ray Lewis and Drew Brees as more examples of no curse) then I dont think you can blame the cover.

How about a more reasonable explanation than a mysterious magical curse? Maybe a lot of the people that Madden has picked have been people with a history of off the field issues, injury concerns and players that were new to the limelight and didnt know how to handle the fame/popularity. Most of the people they have selected have been new breakout stars. A lot of the time people who are new to the fame dont know how to handle the time demands of doing publicity things, endorsement deals, autograph signings, appearances at madden tournaments and keeping up in the weight room/practice/reading playbooks/watching film. They spread themselves too thin and cannot focus on football, and their performance declines. A lot of the people who had injuries were either old already (i.e. Favre) or have had a career full of injury problems (i.e. Vick).

Sorry I am a scientist, I always look at the most reasonable earthly explanation for things.

Someone who is a veteran star (i.e. Larry Fitzgerald, Ray Lewis, Drew Brees, Calvin Johnson, Jamaal Charles) should handle the limelight of getting the cover quite well.

You make cover, you will not win the super bowl that year

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    You make cover, you will not win the super bowl that year
    True, anyone who makes the cover has a 3.125% chance of making the superbowl ... or in other words a 1/32 chance.