Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: jaguars looking into geno smith

Default jaguars looking into geno smith

Jaguars send group to West Virginia Pro Day

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe Jaguars have the No. 2 pick in April’s draft. And they would seem to be giving the impression of doing every bit of due diligence on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, who’s regarded as the top passing prospect available.
    The Jaguars said Wednesday that general manager David Caldwell, head coach Gus Bradley, offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch, senior vice president Tony Khan and player personnel director Terry McDonough will be attending West Virginia’s pro day on Thursday in Morgantown. Per the West Virginia athletics website, every NFL team is expected to have a presence at the pro day.
    The Jaguars are somewhat unsettled at quarterback. Blaine Gabbert has had a challenging first two NFL seasons, and the general manager who drafted him (Gene Smith) is gone. Moreover, Bradley will be Gabbert’s fourth head coach in his short pro career. Likewise, veteran Chad Henne is also a holdover from an old regime. In February, Caldwell told NFL.com that there would be “a wide-open competition” at quarterback.

why in the chiefs thread???? because this would be awesome for the chiefs if the jaguars start showing alot of interest in geno smith. it happens every year. the closer the draft get's. the more teams start falling in love with top tier qb's. geno smith stands out above all the others. with buffalo cutting fitzpatrick and arizona desperate hopefully one of those 2 teams in a pakage deal. give us there 2nd round pick swap 1st rounders with us and we give them a 5th rounder to sweeten the deal.

We would be giving up way too much if we are throwing in an extra pick. Granted we wouldn't really be losing much because moving back 5 spots likely won't change who we are after, but that is why I would settle for only swapping firsts and getting their 2nd. That is unless you are talking about trading with the jags, then we would need to throw in an extra pick.
    Last edited by jap1; 03-13-2013 at 09:49 PM.

No worries, we have Alex Cassel!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    We would be giving up way too much if we are throwing in an extra pick. Granted we wouldn't really be losing much because moving back 5 spots likely won't change who we are after, but that is why I would settle for only swapping firsts and getting their 2nd. That is unless you are talking about trading with the jags, then we would need to throw in an extra pick.
    I agree. We have the 1st pick and already talk of discounting it? I realize there is no Luck or RGIII in this draft and a discount will probably have to happen, but a 1000 points?. If we were to trade with Buffalo or Arizona and swapped 1st round picks and they gave us their 2nd rounder, they still end up with a great deal, by about a thousand points. (according to draft value chart)

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No worries, we have Alex Cassel!
    So clever.

In every thread. This sh!t is getting real old. It's done. Get over it or get out. 95% of this fan base is excited about the new direction of this franchise and all you want to do is piss your sour grapes all over the place. How bout you take a few months to catch your breath, calm the f@<k down, and we'll talk again when the preseason starts. I have a pretty high tolerance for opposing views because I know that I can be abrasive and not mean to as well. But I know that if I'm starting to get tired of this B.S., then there are others in here who won't speak up who are also getting tired of it as well.

Being a fan of this team now means you're an Alex Smith fan by default. Either you are a fan or you're not. Figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So clever.

In every thread. This sh!t is getting real old. It's done. Get over it or get out. 95% of this fan base is excited about the new direction of this franchise and all you want to do is piss your sour grapes all over the place. How bout you take a few months to catch your breath, calm the f@<k down, and we'll talk again when the preseason starts. I have a pretty high tolerance for opposing views because I know that I can be abrasive and not mean to as well. But I know that if I'm starting to get tired of this B.S., then there are others in here who won't speak up who are also getting tired of it as well.

Being a fan of this team now means you're an Alex Smith fan by default. Either you are a fan or you're not. Figure it out.

In all seriousness, why is Denver who was 13-3 with Peyton Manning last year signing impact FA while we are left with Alex Cassel's 4.6 yards per pass? Is the RT we are going to draft going to be able to cover Decker, Thomas and Welker? They also signed DRC who did not have a good year last year but has potential to help their secondary.

How much does a RT with the number 1 pick improve our record? We even traded the 34th pick which could of went towards a starting corner. What in the hell are we doing to offset Denver? Are we just throwing in the towel for the next 2-3 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So clever.

New Direction?

In 2009, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2013, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2009, we wasted the 3rd overall pick on a valueless postion.

In 2013, we're likely going to waste the only #1 overall pick we've ever had on a valueless position. (RT)

In 2009, we signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's while difference makers went to other teams.

In 2013, we've signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's and not a single difference maker.

MyMan.... Answer this question please....the spots that you feel we were weak at this last year, are those players back doing it again? I think you have to answer that with no! IMO we kept the strengths, and brought some guys in here to fill the most vital positions that we needed help at, therefore going in a new direction. We can't have the #1 at every position cap wise we would be dead with 4-5 #1s. AND GENO SURE AS HELL WOULD NOT BE A #1 at QB. Clark hunt already said he tried going for Peyton but that ship has sailed now its time to fix you face, wipe off those tears, support your team, and save the I TOLD YOU SOs for when you actually know for a fact based on play THIS SEASON that we have made some bad choices!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    MyMan.... Answer this question please....the spots that you feel we were weak at this last year, are those players back doing it again? I think you have to answer that with no! IMO we kept the strengths, and brought some guys in here to fill the most vital positions that we needed help at, therefore going in a new direction. We can't have the #1 at every position cap wise we would be dead with 4-5 #1s. AND GENO SURE AS HELL WOULD NOT BE A #1 at QB. Clark hunt already said he tried going for Peyton but that ship has sailed now its time to fix you face, wipe off those tears, support your team, and save the I TOLD YOU SOs for when you actually know for a fact based on play THIS SEASON that we have made some bad choices!!!!

The most vital position besides qb is cb, which our GM has not addressed. He brought in Robinson but he is more of a Nickel corner, not a starter. Other than Bowe we have no answer at WR, another need position, and to make matters worse we have Alex Cassel at qb.

We better be focused on defense because we do not have a qb who will put up a lot of points. Alex Cassel didn't win games until he had the best defense in the league (along with the number 1 rushing game)

I will not support the same ol same ol like many here will. The "true" fans can keep supporting mediocrity, it's the same thing each regime change with the same results. This regime won't be any different.

The only difference is our 8 win season will come 1 year earlier and we will not likely see the number 1 pick ever again. Nothing like bringing in mediocre FA when your division leader is anchored by Peyton Manning. It's the same conservative BS.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-14-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast