Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sean smith signed

Hybrid View

Default sean smith signed

I saw that we sitned him but i heared that he gets burned alot as well. Glad we picked up another cb with manning and now walker in iur division now. But how good is he really?

Doesn't make many INTs, heard it was 5 in the past 4 years?

Atleast he has to be an upgrade from last year. Im not sold arenas.

True, he doesnt have the greatest stats as far as INTs. Some other stats though: the longest play he gave up was 31 yards last year despite the fact that he was the most targeted CB in the NFL. He is only 25 years old (turns 26 in July) and is 6'3 220. It is hard to find corners with that size, or this age. He still has a ceiling that hasnt been reached yet. With our DB coaches, I wouldnt be surprised to see him continue to improve.

I am not too thrilled about the cost of this move. I think he was not worth 6 mil a year. I would have preferred to see it close to 5 mil/yr and less guaranteed, but sometimes you got to spend money to make money. I would rather them try to spend the whole cap than give up on him and try to get someone who is willing to play "cheaper." Yes there are other big name CBs that have better stats that signed for less, but they signed with teams that are perennial contenders. Until we have consistent winning teams, it is going to take $$ to get people to want to play in KC.

I'd rather pay him 6 mil a year, than sit on 24 mil under the cap limit! Can't win when your money's in the bank and not on the field. I think he has a lot of upside. It was stupid losing Carr, but this helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    It sucked losing Carr, but this helps a lot.
    Fixed, at least in my opinion. It would have been stupid to pay him more than 10 mil/yr since that is what it would have taken to keep him here. If we kept him, we would not have been able to sign half of the players we did and we would have had to cut people just to stay under the cap. The reason we were able to sign so many people this offseason, was becasuse we had a 14 mil surplus last year that we carried over (I guess the only thing we could thank Pioli for) into this year. So if we kept Carr at the price he wanted in Dallas, it would have cost us 10 mil this year, plus another 10 mil out of the carry over ... essentially a 20 mil dollar difference in this year's cap.

Not worth it IMO. I dont think he played that well (esp last year in Dallas) to be worth essentially 20 million.

Yeah carr was good but he still got overpaid but not by much. I think carr is underrated in most peoples eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yeah carr was good but he still got overpaid but not by much. I think carr is underrated in most peoples eyes.
    Agreed. Look at what happened to our secondary after he left for Dallas. One of Pioli's huge blunders.

http://i.imgur.com/BqZvSTO.jpg

Well that's not good

I think with sean its more about being more consistant. As well with robinson. Maybe flowers can teach them both something and al harris our db coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast