Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs showing their hand

Default Chiefs showing their hand

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-trade-offers/

Chiefs will listen to Branden Albert trade offers. Must mean that Luke Joeckel is the pick.

I like the Luke idea but I also like the idea of us trading down a few spots and getting E. Fisher or L.Johnson too. Getting back that 2nd round pick would be huge.

Heard this morning that Miami was interest in giving up one of their two second round picks for him. I am guessing by the fact that he signed his Tender so soon, that a deal is already in the works. He has to sign his tender before they can trade him. If that is not the case, then why did he sign it already. He is not required to sign it until the regular season starts.

God I hop we can trade out of that salary and regain a 2nd rounder. Hoping that story is true!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    He signed his tender. I can see it now from the folklore "Oh, we don't need a LT with the 1st pick, now". Not correct at all. Albert is said to be wanting 11 million a season. I really think he wants out of KC. We'll see what happens, it should be interesting. Personally, I don't believe there are going to be any takers as the other 31 teams don't see him as a top 10 LT and there are the back issues.
    I really don't see many teams taking him at a high value pick by himself but I do think we could use him to trade down a bit and get a 2nd rounder back. That I think could happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I really don't see many teams taking him at a high value pick by himself but I do think we could use him to trade down a bit and get a 2nd rounder back. That I think could happen
    Best case scenario is to trade him to Miami for one their 2nd round picks ( they have 2 of them in 2013 ) and it's just a matter of the Dolphins being willing to do it. I don't think you would use him to trade down, it'd be more likely to use him to trade up from round 3 into round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Heard this morning that Miami was interest in giving up one of their two second round picks for him. I am guessing by the fact that he signed his Tender so soon, that a deal is already in the works. He has to sign his tender before they can trade him. If that is not the case, then why did he sign it already. He is not required to sign it until the regular season starts.

I suspect the team told B. Albert that if he wants a trade, he needs to sign his tender, otherwise you are stuck here. Also, if a trade is going to happen, it is going to be in the next couple of days. All the owners (and a lot of GMs and HCs) are doing their annual competition committee meetings right now. It is a perfect environment for deals to be made.

Another possible scenario on draft day. Suppose the Jags do decide they want Geno Smith, but they are afraid the Chiefs might trade with Philly at #4 because of Philly's interest in Geno Smith, then it creates the possibility of a trade with the Jags to flip-flop positions at #1 and #2. If the Jags were to offer a 3rd rounder for that, being this year or in 2014, the Chiefs should take it ( no, I don't believe the Jags will surrender a 2nd rounder ).

Another scenario, that's been discussed, and although it seems unlikely now with Alex Smith and Chase Daniels, is the Chiefs and Eagles swap positions for Nick Foles. The problem I have with this is the Oakland Raiders sitting at #3 are in a full trade down mode and Detoit, although they seldom ever trade up, could jump ahead of the Chiefs and take either Joeckel or Fisher ( Detroit needs O-Line help bad with Backus retiring and Cherilus having fled to Indy ), but then again there is Lane Johnson, who has played RT and LT and maybe the Chiefs brass thinks highly enough of him to trade down and settle for him. Of course this depends on the Branden Albert situation, as well.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-19-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I like the Luke idea but I also like the idea of us trading down a few spots and getting E. Fisher or L.Johnson too. Getting back that 2nd round pick would be huge.

Agreed, we could take Joeckel with the first pick and then, as brdempsey69 said, trade Albert to Miami for one of their two second round picks; providing Miami goes for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast