Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salary Cap

Default Salary Cap

According to ESPN, we have about 5mil left in Salary Cap space. That gives us just enough to sign our rookies. I am not sure if that number includes Albert since it was posted before he signed his tender. We are likely done with signing free agents. There were a couple more people I was hoping to see us sign for depth, but not likely anymore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ary-cap-update

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    According to ESPN, we have about 5mil left in Salary Cap space. That gives us just enough to sign our rookies. I am not sure if that number includes Albert since it was posted before he signed his tender. We are likely done with signing free agents. There were a couple more people I was hoping to see us sign for depth, but not likely anymore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ary-cap-update
    Yeah, that should include Albert. The thing is, if he signs a long term deal, that number will go up by another $5 or $6 million. Probably need $6 million to sign rookies, so something is going to have to be done to clear at least another million or so. Another thing to clear cap space is that Tamba Hali has a base salary of $12 million this year, but only $6 million each of the next couple years. You could easily restructure him to take a chunk of that as a signing bonus that gets prorated and that would free up money this year without really upsetting the balance next year because of the way it's currently out of whack. So figure the Chiefs could realistically spend another $4 or $5 million on veterans if they want, and still sign rookies - assuming Albert signs long term or Hali restructures if Albert doesn't.

I don't think the Chiefs have any intentions of signing Albert to a long term deal.

I would like to see another ILB. EVen Before the murder Belcher took his own life. We were needing an upgrade over him. Will Brandon Siler didn't do to bad. We still need to look at a more consistent starter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12