Thread: Football Gameplan's Inside the War Room - Kansas City Chiefs

Default Football Gameplan's Inside the War Room - Kansas City Chiefs

Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Here's my Inside the War Room preview for you guys!

Enjoy

Em

Even though you have him drafted where his talent level deserves, I don't think there's any possible way Nassib makes it through to the 3rd round. I've seen mocks that have Buffalo trading up to #1 for Nassib. If they don't take him in the 1st round, they'll be tripping over themselves to get him in the 2nd. I'd bet the bank on that one. I like the Nico Johnson pick. ILB is the biggest hole I see remaining on this team. I'd prefer Ogletree in the 2nd if the Chiefs could flip Albert for some more picks. I think you did a good job of drafting for need. The problem is this administration has stressed their intention on drafting BPA. That's what makes predicting a Chiefs draft so tough this time around. You just don't know who will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Even though you have him drafted where his talent level deserves, I don't think there's any possible way Nassib makes it through to the 3rd round. I've seen mocks that have Buffalo trading up to #1 for Nassib. If they don't take him in the 1st round, they'll be tripping over themselves to get him in the 2nd. I'd bet the bank on that one. I like the Nico Johnson pick. ILB is the biggest hole I see remaining on this team. I'd prefer Ogletree in the 2nd if the Chiefs could flip Albert for some more picks. I think you did a good job of drafting for need. The problem is this administration has stressed their intention on drafting BPA. That's what makes predicting a Chiefs draft so tough this time around. You just don't know who will be there.
    Thanks TxChief! I hope they don't overdraft an average prospect.... I think you have to mesh BPA with the Biggest Need

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Agreed. I think Nassib is going to Buffalo. If we're able to trade Albert for some picks, think we might have a shot at getting T. Wilson, who's already stated he'd like to play for the Chiefs. I don't see Wilson falling to the third round, though. As far as the rest of the picks go, think you've got it spot on, Emdiggy!

Nice Job Em! Like the picks, especially Joeckel. However, I kept hearing echoes of someone saying "Tackles don't win Super Bowls"...j/k

Good mock draft, EmDiggy. That would be a good solid draft if it played out that way & better than any of Pioli's drafts.

It'll be interesting to see how it really does play out come draft day.

Thanks Gang!! I wanted to put my GM hat on for all 32 teams.. I think I've made everybody happy AND most importantly better!

LMAO @Chiefster.. they DONT

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Thanks Gang!! I wanted to put my GM hat on for all 32 teams.. I think I've made everybody happy AND most importantly better!

LMAO @Chiefster.. they DONT
    That's what I keep hearing bud.

Just read some bio on Malliciah Goodman -- nearly 37-inch arms, threw up the 225 lb. bar 26 times, 4.67 speed, and 3 sacks in Bowl game against LSU. Question is why were his snaps limited during the college season? Did he try to make time with one of the coaches daughters or what?

Rated as the #105 prospect on CBS draft ranking board, but does bring something to the table for the Chiefs, at least as a situational pass-rusher. I'd rather the Chiefs take a flyer out on Goodman in round 3 or 4, than spend the top draft pick on Jordan or Ansah.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-29-2013 at 02:18 AM.