Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

Default Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ntary-workouts

My take on this? GET RID OF THAT LT WANNABE AND DRAFT JOECKEL OR FISHER AND LET'S MOVE ON !!

And if anyone's feelings are hurt by that -- good, then let's continue !!

Albert won't show up on, not for the risk, but to try to rush talks, either way as long term contract or trade.
    He won't play other position than LT, smart decision, crappy LT are payed more than a great RT or G (some exceptions).

On the other hand, Chiefs FO have a few options:
    1. Sign a vet RT and draft a LT, trade Albert
    2. Draft a LT and a RT, trade Albert
    3. Draft a LT, move him to RT, play Albert as LT
    4. Move Albert to RT, draft a LT

If you think that moving Albert to G is an option, I would advice you to check your temperature, you're probably delusional.

Right now Albert doesn't have a word on this decision, he has to do what he's told, and would be foolish from his wallet perspective not to. He can play wherever he's told on the tag, and next year can get a big contract if he show he's a professional, shows for mandatory and play the best of him.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I'm one of the few that actually think Albert was a very good, if not great LT. He was under paid and did us very well. If we do trade him I would want to pick Fisher with the first. If we dont trade him, I'd rather trade the first pick, for the other teams first and a second round pick, and spent the second on the best qb available. Even with the two new qbs we are not set in the qb position, especially not long term. Albert will continue to get the shaft here, but Hes done us a good job. We had the worst qb in the league and every one gives the wrs a pass but not the LT. The last several years qbs would have made even the best LT look bad. Just saying. We were extremely predictable and one dimentional.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 04-03-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: kant spel

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post

If you think that moving Albert to G is an option, I would advice you to check your temperature, you're probably delusional.
    Is that right? Did you check your own temperature first before posting? Because, you just contradicted that statement with the next sentences:

Right now Albert doesn't have a word on this decision, he has to do what he's told, and would be foolish from his wallet perspective not to. He can play wherever he's told on the tag, and next year can get a big contract if he show he's a professional, shows for mandatory and play the best of him.
    Albert was a Guard in college and high school & if he's with the Chiefs in 2013, then he'll play where he's told. I suggest you look up to Minnesota and look what happened last year. They drafted LT Matt Kalil at #4 and moved 6-yr vet Charlie Johnson ( who had played nothing but Tackle during that time ) from LT to LG.

Chiefs Sign OL Tommie Draheim
    Posted 11 hours ago

Reid Ferrin
    Chiefs Insider
    KCChiefs.com
    Email @KCChiefs_Reid
    Moves continue to be made at One Arrowhead Drive

The Kansas City Chiefs added depth to their offensive line, signing Tommie Draheim, the team announced Wednesday.

Draheim (6-4, 309) originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2012. He was released by the Packers before the start of the regular season and was added to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad on Sept. 6.

Draheim also had a short stay with the New England Patriots practice squad, before spending the rest of the 2012 season on Jacksonville’s practice squad.

Prior to entering the NFL, Draheim (Dray-hime) started 33 games for San Diego State University, including 30-consecutive starts to end his career.

He earned first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors as a senior, becoming the first Aztec offensive lineman to be named first-team all-league since 2003.

A three-year letterman, he helped SDSU rank 10th in the country in 2011 for fewest sacks allowed (0.83 per game) and blocked for a running back who finished No. 3 in the country with 1,711 rushing yards on the season.

i wonder if he's for our practice squad or to replace Albert

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Is that right? Did you check your own temperature first before posting? Because, you just contradicted that statement with the next sentences:

Albert was a Guard in college and high school & if he's with the Chiefs in 2013, then he'll play where he's told. I suggest you look up to Minnesota and look what happened last year. They drafted LT Matt Kalil at #4 and moved 6-yr vet Charlie Johnson ( who had played nothing but Tackle during that time ) from LT to LG.
    He's not good at the running game, poor skill set to play guard. He's good at pass protection, but not much more. Also, you don't franchise a guy to move him to guard, way better to trade him for what they give you and don't have more than 9M in cap hit.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Chiefs Sign OL Tommie Draheim
    Posted 11 hours ago

Reid Ferrin
    Chiefs Insider
    KCChiefs.com
    Email @KCChiefs_Reid
    Moves continue to be made at One Arrowhead Drive

The Kansas City Chiefs added depth to their offensive line, signing Tommie Draheim, the team announced Wednesday.

Draheim (6-4, 309) originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2012. He was released by the Packers before the start of the regular season and was added to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad on Sept. 6.

Draheim also had a short stay with the New England Patriots practice squad, before spending the rest of the 2012 season on Jacksonville’s practice squad.

Prior to entering the NFL, Draheim (Dray-hime) started 33 games for San Diego State University, including 30-consecutive starts to end his career.

He earned first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors as a senior, becoming the first Aztec offensive lineman to be named first-team all-league since 2003.

A three-year letterman, he helped SDSU rank 10th in the country in 2011 for fewest sacks allowed (0.83 per game) and blocked for a running back who finished No. 3 in the country with 1,711 rushing yards on the season.

i wonder if he's for our practice squad or to replace Albert
    Any experience playing Center?

Yes, he was a center in High School and started there in college. He ended as a LT.

He's not good at the running game, poor skill set to play guard. He's good at pass protection, but not much more. Also, you don't franchise a guy to move him to guard, way better to trade him for what they give you and don't have more than 9M in cap hit.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't trade him. What I'm saying is he has played Guard before -- well enough to get drafted in round 1. And, prior to last year, run blocking wasn't a problem for him. The back problems may have contributed to his run-blocking in 2012 & if his back is OK, then he does indeed have the skill-set to play Guard. I don't have a problem with him playing Guard and making 9.8 mil in 2013, if he plays at an All-Pro level, which I believe that he still can, and you have either Joeckel or Fisher play LT and they play at a high level and it makes the KC O-Line better, as a whole. The problem is, he wants a long-term commitment that pays him top-5 LT money & this new regime simply cannot make that commitment to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes, he was a center in High School and started there in college. He ended as a LT.
    Good. After what happened to Hudson last season, some insurance couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Good. After what happened to Hudson last season, some insurance couldn't hurt.
    He may never see the field though. He has bounced around from practice squad to practice squad. That means people see talent him him to want to keep him but they have all given up on him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast