Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

    Default Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts


    1 Not allowed!
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ntary-workouts

    My take on this? GET RID OF THAT LT WANNABE AND DRAFT JOECKEL OR FISHER AND LET'S MOVE ON !!

    And if anyone's feelings are hurt by that -- good, then let's continue !!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    We need to move past this JackA$$. He does not deserve any of Mr. Hunts or our Money!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,166
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 665

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    We need to move past this JackA$$. He does not deserve any of Mr. Hunts or our Money!
    My thoughts exactly. After a 2-14 season you'd think the guy would be happy to have a roster spot, let alone a franchise tag.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Albert is smart. He's getting $10M guaranteed this year. There is no sense in risking injury and potentially crippling his future earning ability. I don't blame him one bit.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We traded the best DE in the league to draft him, which was STUPID! And now stuck with a LT that is injury prone at that position. Move him, or trade him, and draft our future RT! Unless we have to have the salary money, I'd stick him at LT, and either watch him play well, or watch his free agency options free fall.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Albert is smart. He's getting $10M guaranteed this year. There is no sense in risking injury and potentially crippling his future earning ability. I don't blame him one bit.
    Is that so? You're forgetting that by signing the tender, they can trade him or CUT HIM, if they so choose. He's not guaranteed anything !! And the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. If he stays, he'll play where they tell him to, or they can suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team.

    Put away the damn cheerleader skirt and pom-poms regarding Albert and come to the realization that it's time to turn the page and move on.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,121
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You cant label him injury prone for one season he dealt with a back injury thats not serious or prolonging. It was just spasms and he has cleared his physical and if it was a conituning problem they wouldnt have tagged him. With that said i think we should trade him. Hes acting selfish and not a team player.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,875
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You can lable him injury prone if you want to. He has not completed one full season yet, from Knee injuries, Ankle injuries and now Back issues. That being said the Chiefs told him not to show up.

    The Kansas City Star suggests the Chiefs told LT Branden Albert to not show up for the start of offseason conditioning Monday.
    It's possible the organization told Albert to stay at home for fear of risking injury. He's on the trade block, and his base salary of $9.828 million is already fully guaranteed. "I don’t get caught up in that," new coach Andy Reid said of Albert’s absence. "The guys that are here we’ll work with, and that gives the next man the opportunity to get better and get ready to play." Apr 1 - 5:36 PM
    Source: Kansas City Star

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Is that so? You're forgetting that by signing the tender, they can trade him or CUT HIM, if they so choose. He's not guaranteed anything !! And the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. If he stays, he'll play where they tell him to, or they can suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team.
    Umm, if they cut him it's still fully guaranteed. If they trade him then it would still be fully guaranteed provided he didn't negotiate a new contract with his new team.

    "If a player subject to a Franchise Player designation accepts the Required Tender, the resulting Player Contract shall be fully guaranteed if the player’s contract is terminated because of lack of comparative skill; as a result of an injury sustained in the performance of his services under his Player Contract; and/or due to a Club’s determination to create Room for Salary Cap purposes." - Source (Straight from the CBA)
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Put away the damn cheerleader skirt and pom-poms regarding Albert and come to the realization that it's time to turn the page and move on.
    When did I ever say they shouldn't move on? I said nothing about what the Chiefs should do. I have no idea what you are trying to prove here...He's skipping VOLUNTARY workouts in a year where he is already guaranteed his salary. It would be absolutely stupid for him to risk getting injured in voluntary workouts and risk a potential contract like Bushrod got (5/$35.96M w/ $17.715M guaranteed). If you can't understand that, well get off your soapbox. Bowe did the exact same thing last year. Smart of him too.

    If the rest of you would risk a career ending injury in voluntary workouts, well, good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back and a gold star!
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The Kansas City Star suggests the Chiefs told LT Branden Albert to not show up for the start of offseason conditioning Monday.

    It's possible the organization told Albert to stay at home for fear of risking injury. He's on the trade block, and his base salary of $9.828 million is already fully guaranteed. "I don’t get caught up in that," new coach Andy Reid said of Albert’s absence. "The guys that are here we’ll work with, and that gives the next man the opportunity to get better and get ready to play." Apr 1 - 5:36 PM
    Source: Kansas City Star
    Oh...

    Hey guys, that wannabe LT Albert gave up 1 sack in 12 games last year! What a bum LT!!!

    So much fail in this thread, lol.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. More love for Branden Albert
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
  2. Branden Albert Continuing to Improve
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM
  3. Branden Albert - Getting Better with Age
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 12:43 AM
  4. Branden Albert Injured?
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 11:13 AM
  5. Branden Albert Is A Great Pick!
    By derrickjohnsontribute in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •