Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

Default Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ntary-workouts

My take on this? GET RID OF THAT LT WANNABE AND DRAFT JOECKEL OR FISHER AND LET'S MOVE ON !!

And if anyone's feelings are hurt by that -- good, then let's continue !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Albert is smart. He's getting $10M guaranteed this year. There is no sense in risking injury and potentially crippling his future earning ability. I don't blame him one bit.
    I will never agree with this. There's risk in the game that's a given but saying this is like a police officer saying "you know I don't fell like going to that armed robbery call because there's to much risk" That officer knows the risk of the job when he starts so did Albert when he started. It's a part of his job. Other players are there he should be to. I said the same thing about Bowe last year. It's a selfish move. He's pretty much saying I'm more important then the team. I hate when players do this. Is there Risk yes. But at this time of the year that risk is VERY low. He's being paid a lot of money. He should be with the other guys that are there.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I do not take much stock in not attending vol workouts, others linemen in the past also did not attend vol workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I do not take much stock in not attending vol workouts, others linemen in the past also did not attend vol workouts.
    The trouble is, it may be that Albert is not going to show up unless he gets a long-term deal first.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/02...wont-show.html

This new regime simply cannot make that commitment to Albert, as he's wanting to be paid more than Joe Thomas is making and yet, he's nowhere close to being player that Joe Thomas is and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I will never agree with this. There's risk in the game that's a given but saying this is like a police officer saying "you know I don't fell like going to that armed robbery call because there's to much risk" That officer knows the risk of the job when he starts so did Albert when he started. It's a part of his job. Other players are there he should be to. I said the same thing about Bowe last year. It's a selfish move. He's pretty much saying I'm more important then the team. I hate when players do this. Is there Risk yes. But at this time of the year that risk is VERY low. He's being paid a lot of money. He should be with the other guys that are there.
    So if a cop is told he can come in for voluntary work to help the police force out, but they won't pay him any extra and he has to add extra risk to his life by being there on duty, he's a loser for not showing up too, right?

This mentality is so dumb. So is, "well they get a lot of money, so if they get hurt in voluntary workouts who cares b/c they still have a lot of money." Hey guys, you should risk a huge multi-year/multi-million dollar contract b/c you're already making $10M this year. Dumb dumb dumb.

Next time your boss asks you to come in and work for free to help the company out, you'll jump right up and go, right? Of course you won't, but now you're being a hypocrite.

Brian Waters never attended voluntary workouts. What a **** stain on this team!!!!
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.

So if a cop is told he can come in for voluntary work to help the police force out, but they won't pay him any extra and he has to add extra risk to his life by being there on duty, he's a loser for not showing up too, right?
    Minus one ( -1 ). You fail. Matt was referring to a police officer ON DUTY ALREADY !!! Albert's case is not the same extreme as the police officer's is, anyways.

This mentality is so dumb. So is, "well they get a lot of money, so if they get hurt in voluntary workouts who cares b/c they still have a lot of money." Hey guys, you should risk a huge multi-year/multi-million dollar contract b/c you're already making $10M this year. Dumb dumb dumb.
    Is that so? Did the thought ever occur to you that he's risking not getting a long-term contract from not only the Chiefs, but any of the other 31 teams, as well, just by taking the stance that he is? I've never heard of it where a player has to go all-out in these voluntary workouts and all he'd really have to do is go through it lightly and he could learn the playbook. Albert has stated that he's doing workouts on his own, so what's the difference?

Next time your boss asks you to come in and work for free to help the company out, you'll jump right up and go, right? Of course you won't, but now you're being a hypocrite.
    No, he's not being a hypocrite -- you're ripping out of context what he's saying. He wasn't suggesting anything about a police officer being OFF DUTY.

Brian Waters never attended voluntary workouts. What a **** stain on this team!!!!
    And his declining play on the field after Roaf and Shields retired showed it, too.

First off just because someone has a different mentality then yours doesn't make it dumb. This is a forum your going to get different opinions. Doesn't make them dumb just different from yours.

Neither that cop are myself are making 10 MILLION dollars we are not in the same situation as Albert is. After the last CBA the amount of offseason work got cut back. When you have a new head coach and all the changes that have been made with this team this past offseason I think there is something to gain for every player to be there. These offseaon things are a PART of Nfl players job. That's why they have them. Just like going to that armed robbery is a part of the cops job that I mentioned.

2nd off the risk is these workouts is EXTREMELY LOW. It's not like camp. They can't even do paded pratices. These are like walkthroughs. It is VERY VERY rare for anyone to get hurt at this point. Stop pretending it's a huge risk. It seems that other players take this huge risk. Albert is no better then them. He should be there. That's just my opinion I was the same way with Bowe last year I will always have this opinion.

As for the hypocrite comment I can tell you that you're wrong. I have in the past few years taken a paycut. Taken less hours I have many times worked off the clock because I like the person I work for I'm willing to do it. If I didn't like the person I work for I might not be so willing to do so I will admit. But I have worked and not been paid for it in terms of money. I do get some gain as later on I'm repaid by getting a little time off when I need it. But I have worked without pay many times in the past there's a good chance I will again . I work for a small business those types of things sometimes happen. Alot actually since the economy has been down.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He thinks he is above all other players. To skip the workouts. That just makes him look bad. Whether they workouts are low or high.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

I thought you said you were out and done with this conversation Ryfro?
    Last edited by Lazeye; 04-02-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: need to tag someone

I say get what you can for him and go get Joeckel.

I have to side with the Chiefs brass on this one because if they hadn't tagged him and let him walk, then he would've found no takers on what he wants to be paid & nobody would have given him anywhere near what Jake Long got from the Rams and I highly doubt he would've gotten what Bushrod got from the Bears. And yet, the Chiefs brass, in my judgement, has given him the chance to make, in one year, 45% of what Eric Winston was signed for last year ( 4-yr 22 mill ), in spite of the back issue concerns.

With that said, it would appear the Chiefs brass has really put their best foot forward regarding Albert. I remember when Walter Jones, the very good Seattle LT, played under the franchise tag for an entire year before getting a deal done the next year. Branden Albert is NOT anywhere close to Walter Jones, and yet he states he's unhappy with the franchise tag that's probably going to pay him much more than Jones got paid when he played a year under his franchise tag. Go figure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast