Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report that the Chiefs have it narrowed down to three for top pic

Default Report that the Chiefs have it narrowed down to three for top pic

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=847...e-for-top-pick

The Kansas City Chiefs are looking at only three players for the top overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher, Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel and Oregon DE Dion Jordan, according to sources.

I hope DT star is being considered as well.hes considered the best 3-4 end. I really think he will be something special.

If the Chiefs are looking for a pass-rush up the middle, moving Hali to DE would be logical if they drafted Jordan. Hali measures almost identically to Osi. Osi is a bit quicker, but Hali is about 25lbs heavier. I think moving Hali to DE would suit him well. If you're drafting Jordan, you're doing it because he can basically play anywhere on the field. The guy is an athletic freak. You can put him on the pass-catching TE's in the league and not have to think twice about it. If you've got Hali still rushing the QB, you don't lose much by way of pass rush. I think Jordan would be a great pick primarily BECAUSE we have Hali and Houston. However, I DO think OT is a bigger need. But if you're trying to build a dominating defense, having Jordan, Hali, and Houston as your 3-down pass-rushers with Poe up the middle would go a long way.

Would like to see us get Joeckel
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-04-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Texaschiefs you may have changed my mind. When you put it that way with outti.gbhali at end it does make sense and sounds really good. But still hope they consider star.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If the Chiefs are looking for a pass-rush up the middle, moving Hali to DE would be logical if they drafted Jordan. Hali measures almost identically to Osi. Osi is a bit quicker, but Hali is about 25lbs heavier. I think moving Hali to DE would suit him well. If you're drafting Jordan, you're doing it because he can basically play anywhere on the field. The guy is an athletic freak. You can put him on the pass-catching TE's in the league and not have to think twice about it. If you've got Hali still rushing the QB, you don't lose much by way of pass rush. I think Jordan would be a great pick primarily BECAUSE we have Hali and Houston. However, I DO think OT is a bigger need. But if you're trying to build a dominating defense, having Jordan, Hali, and Houston as your 3-down pass-rushers with Poe up the middle would go a long way.
    I think this will be great for our pass rush. My concern with this is the run defense. I am not sure how Tamba would stand up against a strong run team.

I suspect Jordan is being used as bait for a trade with Philly as Jordan's HC at Oregon was none other than the Eagles new HC, Chip Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think this will be great for our pass rush. My concern with this is the run defense. I am not sure how Tamba would stand up against a strong run team.
    From everything I've heard, the Chiefs are trying to address the inside pass rush. What better way to do that than putting one of the best pass rushers in the league on that line while replacing him at OLB with a guy like Jordan? If Osi can play 3-4 DE at 265, why couldn't Tamba at 275? Until Hali proves he can't play that position, I don't think we should assume that he can't just because he's a good 3-4 OLB. He has done a good job as a 4-3 DE of setting the edge against OT's, so there's no reason to think he can't hold his ground against the run. But again, the Chiefs are trying to improve the inside rush while allowing their LB's to make plays. If they upgrade at ILB in the draft, this defense could be a top 3 unit with Hali at DE.

With Albert on bad terms I think we have no choice but to get OL help. If its just a smokescreen and the regime feel they have that situation under control then we can go elsewhere with our pick. Remember our defense last season was great. We need to solidify our offense first cause I think we can make playoffs with the current defense without help, but the offense without Albert or one of the top prospects in this draft, were not going far

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    De jordan would be a waisted pick sense we already have hali and houston. We need more help else where.
    Unless the Chiefs move to a 4-3. They could move Tamba back to DE, and put Jordan at the other end. Keep Houston as an OLB...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Would like to see us get Joeckel
    I agree, Lets face it. He is the only one that is deserving of a #1 pick this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast