View Poll Results: Tony v. Alex v. Geno

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Romo at 6yr/$108m

    3 14.29%
  • Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts

    14 66.67%
  • Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts

    4 19.05%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 51

    Default Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith


    0 Not allowed!
    Attachment 667Attachment 668Attachment 669




    I've been listening to a local radio show here in San Antonio. The host, Geoff Sheen, says that the extension that the Cowboys gave Romo was what his market value currently is. In other words, if Tony Romo had been a free agent this year, that contract is what other teams would have paid to sign Romo. So, I'd like to pose this question to the Kansas City Chiefs fan base:

    If Tony Romo were a free agent this year, would you rather have Tony Romo at 6yr/$108m, Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts, or Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts?

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,240
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 583
    Given: 773

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You're just not getting it at all.
    Quite the contrary, it's you who's not getting it. As evidenced by your statement of preferring Romo over Flacco. You can regurgitate all the dog doo-doo you want regarding stats, but it really doesn't support your argument at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    All things being equal as far as the other 52 players, you're taking Flacco 100% of the time because he "just wins games?"
    And, as has been pointed out before, what would the Ravens record be without him? It's not like they haven't had some turnover in personnel since he came to the Ravens in 2008 -- they have.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Utter. Hilarity.
    Quite correct. It is hilarious watching you post stats to support your argument & pulling things out of your arse that are totally irrelevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    YOU OPENLY ADMIT THAT POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD MATTER AND YOU'RE TAKING THE GUY WHO AVERAGES 1.28 PASS TDs/GAME STARTED OVER THE GUY THAT AVERAGES 1.9 PASS TDs/GAME!?!?!?!??!?!?!
    LOL, what a copout there. It was mentioned first & foremost about playoff wins being more important than the passing stats. And Flacco's passing stats have been pretty good, as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Seriously, keep arguing your case. This is pure GOLD!
    Think whatever you want to. My analysis still stands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You can have Vince Young over Romo too! 62% career win percentage versus Romo's 59%!!!!!! STUD!!!
    Just another People's Exhibit of you pulling something out of your arse, as mentioned above. TexasChief and I were referring to the preference of Romo vs Flacco and only that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Seriously, you have no idea how to objectively watch QBs play and make a case for them other than "wins baby." Sounds good.
    Quite the contrary. TexasChief and I do know how to look at QB's objectively and look at the bigger overall picture regarding QB's. You, on the other hand, have proven that the only thing you are willing to look at is passing stats, as evidenced by your statement that you would prefer Romo over Flacco because of passing stats, which anybody possessing any common sense and logic, can see is just plain short-sighted.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,958
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    What has Romo done to deserve anything other than get a piece of Jessica Simpson when she was at her peak. I am surprised that Dallas resigned him. While you can throw stats our there supporting him, the biggest stat is his play off chokes... The way Romo plays reminds me a lot of Elivs Grbac.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Quite the contrary, it's you who's not getting it. As evidenced by your statement of preferring Romo over Flacco. You can regurgitate all the dog doo-doo you want regarding stats, but it really doesn't support your argument at all.
    It doesn't support my argument at all b/c it's concrete evidence as to who the better player is?


    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And, as has been pointed out before, what would the Ravens record be without him? It's not like they haven't had some turnover in personnel since he came to the Ravens in 2008 -- they have.
    And, as it has been pointed out before the Ravens had a winning record in the 5 years prior to adding Flacco while the Cowboys had a losing record 5 years prior to adding Romo. You glossed over and ignored this though.




    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Quite correct. It is hilarious watching you post stats to support your argument & pulling things out of your arse that are totally irrelevant.
    It's hilarious watching you post "wins" as your only argument, but discount it for another QB like Vince Young. That's all you have right now, is wins.

    What happened when Romo had a top 3 defense behind him? Oh, he won a PLAYOFF GAME!?!?!? No stats in that argument. YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORE THE FACT that Joe Flacco has ALWAYS played behind an elite defense and Romo hasn't, but it doesn't change the fact that Romo is a better QB than Flacco.




    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    LOL, what a copout there. It was mentioned first foremost about playoff wins being more important than the passing stats. And Flacco's passing stats have been pretty good, as well.
    Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino



    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Quite the contrary. TexasChief and I do know how to look at QB's objectively and look at the bigger overall picture regarding QB's. You, on the other hand, have proven that the only thing you are willing to look at is passing stats, as evidenced by your statement that you would prefer Romo over Flacco because of passing stats, which anybody possessing any common sense and logic, can see is just plain short-sighted.
    Explain to me this "bigger overall picture regarding QBs." All I've heard you refer to is playoff wins. And if that's all that matters, you're going to backtrack now and tell me that the Ravens' defense has meant less than Joe Flacco has in the majority of their playoff wins? LOL. You already admitted Flacco wasn't needed in the game he threw for 34 yards. You can't ignore the effect the rest of the team has and legitimately make any case for Flacco over Romo.






    At the end of the day, Romo deserves every bit of money Joe Flacco deserves. The poor guy has had to carry miserable defensive teams while Flacco has been on cruise control behind outstanding defensive teams.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And Flacco's passing stats have been pretty good, as well.
    Oh, so now stats do matter? LOL. First, go blast passing stats. Second, use passing stats to support a quarterback.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,240
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 583
    Given: 773

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    It doesn't support my argument at all b/c it's concrete evidence as to who the better player is?
    Quite the contrary. It's only YOU that thinks it's concrete evidence. Nobody else does, however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    And, as it has been pointed out before the Ravens had a winning record in the 5 years prior to adding Flacco while the Cowboys had a losing record 5 years prior to adding Romo. You glossed over and ignored this though.
    That's pure BS. Nobody glossed over anything or ignored anything. It was pointed out regarding the playoff record from 2001 to 2007 before Flacco arrived. Who's really glossing over things and ignoring things? it's YOU. Is false accusation the best you can do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    It's hilarious watching you post "wins" as your only argument, but discount it for another QB like Vince Young. That's all you have right now, is wins.
    No less hilarious than seeing you use Vince Young to support your argument regarding Romo vs Flacco, when anyone can see that Vince Young is completely irrelevant to the case of Romo vs Flacco. You going clear off the beaten path in desperation, there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    What happened when Romo had a top 3 defense behind him? Oh, he won a PLAYOFF GAME!?!?!? No stats in that argument. YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORE THE FACT that Joe Flacco has ALWAYS played behind an elite defense and Romo hasn't, but it doesn't change the fact that Romo is a better QB than Flacco
    I haven't ignored anything about the personnel surrounding Flacco and did mention that it has changed since his arrival in 2008. The Ravens Defense has been good, but not as elite as it was in 2000.

    And your statement about Romo being better Flacco isn't fact -- it's just your opinion based off of passing stats, nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino
    Another People's Exhibit of you pulling something out of your arse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Explain to me this "bigger overall picture regarding QBs." All I've heard you refer to is playoff wins. And if that's all that matters, you're going to backtrack now and tell me that the Ravens' defense has meant less than Joe Flacco has in the majority of their playoff wins? LOL.
    It's already been stated that Flacco's passing stats have been good & that the playoff record has been better with him than without him, plus the fact his play has improved on a yearly basis. The evidence of the their playoff record with Flacco speaks loud and clear vs their playoff record from 2001 to 2007. You can put up whatever phony arguments you want to, but it doesn't change the fact that they've been better with him than without him. Nobody said anything about the Ravens defense "meaning less" than Flacco -- what was stated was why Flacco was preferred over Romo. You keep going off the beaten path in desperation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You already admitted Flacco wasn't needed in the game he threw for 34 yards
    One time out of nine playoff wins. When was it ever mentioned that he wasn't a contributor in the other 8 playoff wins? It wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    At the end of the day, Romo deserves every bit of money Joe Flacco deserves. The poor guy has had to carry miserable defensive teams while Flacco has been on cruise control behind outstanding defensive teams.
    That's just your opinion. Got news for you -- many other don't see it that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Oh, so now stats do matter? LOL. First, go blast passing stats. Second, use passing stats to support a quarterback.
    No it's not blasting passing stats. It's just you are using only those to support your argument. It was simply pointed out that Flacco's passing stats were good, but there's more to it than that. Again, you are pulling something out of your arse.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    So at the end of the day, both Romo and Flacco have won playoff games behind great defenses and Flacco >>>> Romo because he's been fortunate enough to have a great defense behind him every single year he's been in the league. I finally get it!

    And if you really think that if you put a passer who is statistically on another level from Flacco in behind a great defense and you wouldn't get similar, if not better results....well then, I have nothing more to say. Once again, Romo has won a playoff game behind a top 3 defense too (2009)!

    And it's not just 1 playoff game where Flacco didn't show up! His first 5 playoff games he threw ONE touchdown and SIX interceptions and had a 3-2 record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And behind your clouded logic it's impossible to draw the conclusion that a quarterback is a little bit overrated (and worse than Romo) because he was fortunate enough to win some playoff games that he had ZERO to do with? ONE TOUCHDOWN, SIX INTERCEPTIONS. 3-2!!!!

    You think he's greater than Romo because he's been fortunate enough to have a top 3 defense in his first 4 seasons and a top 12 defense last year, despite him being statistically much worse? Really? If you put Romo behind a top 3 defense on a consistent basis with one of the best head coaches in the league the Cowboys wouldn't have a shot at having the success that the Ravens had? Really? Romo's won a playoff game behind a top 3 defense? What was that? Fluke? And if Rahim Moore isn't a complete moron are you seriously making this case for Joe Flacco today? If you can't get it past your thick head that Romo is at the very least equal to Joe Flacco in terms of QB ability, I'm sorry that logic has failed you and you have to be a stubborn mule to accept it.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Seriously, does anyone agree with the logic that if a guy is 3-2 in the playoffs, he's not automatically a stud QB, especially with a great defense behind him? Am I really drawing blank? The guy had 1TD/6INTs and was 3-2. I mean what more of an argument do you need to show you that playoff wins are a terrible way to evalute how good a QB really is?
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Denver covers Balt. WR better we don't even have this discussion.

    Also i like to think the view on Romo would be different if he held on to that ball in seattle OR scored like he almost did.

    If Romo wins one then Jerry Jones will proclaim he was smart because he sticked with Romo and everyone else were idiots for not believing in him. Then the media will praise it.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Seriously, does anyone agree with the logic that if a guy is 3-2 in the playoffs, he's not automatically a stud QB, especially with a great defense behind him? Am I really drawing blank? The guy had 1TD/6INTs and was 3-2. I mean what more of an argument do you need to show you that playoff wins as a marker for QB success is a terrible way to evaluate it?
    Lots of people think Trent Green was great....0 playoff wins

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Lots of people think Trent Green was great....0 playoff wins
    I was beginning to think there was no hope for ChiefsCrowd members lol. Another great case in point.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. jaguars looking into geno smith
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 06:38 PM
  2. raiders interested in geno smith
    By slc chief in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM
  3. Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 04:30 AM
  4. Geno Smith Scouting Films
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 11:35 AM
  5. The Case For Geno Smith
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •