• Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts

14 66.67%
  • Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts

4 19.05%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith

Default Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith

Attachment 667Attachment 668Attachment 669

I've been listening to a local radio show here in San Antonio. The host, Geoff Sheen, says that the extension that the Cowboys gave Romo was what his market value currently is. In other words, if Tony Romo had been a free agent this year, that contract is what other teams would have paid to sign Romo. So, I'd like to pose this question to the Kansas City Chiefs fan base:

If Tony Romo were a free agent this year, would you rather have Tony Romo at 6yr/$108m, Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts, or Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    Howdy folks. Die hard 49er fan here.

I find it funny that some of you guys would take Alex Smith over Tony Romo. Alex chokes worse than Tony, you just don't see it on national television because it's taking sacks, making bad reads and throwing inaccurate incompletions, whereas Tony's choke moments are highlight reel plays.

We accomplished nothing with Alex at the helm in 8 years. It is no surprise that the second he's benched, our offensive production goes from running on coal to nuclear fusion, vaulting previously thought bust Michael Crabtree into the elite discussion, as well as cutting sacks basically in half, and increasing every meaingful QB based stat - PPG, third down conversions, yards, YPA, etc.

I don't want to bring you guys down. But you HAVE to know what you're getting with Alex Smith. You'll go as far as his checkdowns take you.

Tony Romo is actually a decent QB surrounded by a terrible organization.
    Don't care about any 49ers fans sour grapes with Alex Smith. It's what he does in KC that counts & you have no way of knowing what is going to happen with Smith in KC.

BTW, didn't the QB that replaced Alex Smith in SF, have worse red-zone effeciency and become the 1st 49er QB to LOSE a Super Bowl game ???
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-21-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Don't care about any 49ers fans sour grapes with Alex Smith. It's what he does in KC that counts & you have no way of knowing what is going to happen with Smith in KC.

BTW, didn't the QB that replaced Alex Smith in SF, have worse red-zone effeciency and become the 1st 49er QB to LOSE a Super Bowl game ???
    It's no sour grapes. I wish the Chiefs well.

We scored more touchdowns with Kaepernick. And, considering how many games he's started as well as being a second year player, his red-zone efficiency was fairly high.

Seriously, though. You'll be a lot happier with the season if you understand what you're getting in Alex Smith, and it will be a lot less frustrating to watch if you accept the reality of how he plays QB.

The best case scenario for the Chiefs would be to draft a solid WCO QB to learn behind Smith, which is what I assume Andy Reid will do.
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    It's no sour grapes. I wish the Chiefs well.

We scored more touchdowns with Kaepernick. And, considering how many games he's started as well as being a second year player, his red-zone efficiency was fairly high.

Seriously, though. You'll be a lot happier with the season if you understand what you're getting in Alex Smith, and it will be a lot less frustrating to watch if you accept the reality of how he plays QB.

The best case scenario for the Chiefs would be to draft a solid WCO QB to learn behind Smith, which is what I assume Andy Reid will do.
    Very well, but let's not put a clown suit on Alex Smith, just yet. I can give many examples of players who haven't had things work out with one team & go on to star in their new suroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Very well, but let's not put a clown suit on Alex Smith, just yet. I can give many examples of players who haven't had things work out with one team & go on to star in their new suroundings.
    It's moments like this i wish i had photoshop :)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567