View Poll Results: Tony v. Alex v. Geno

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Romo at 6yr/$108m

    3 14.29%
  • Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts

    14 66.67%
  • Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts

    4 19.05%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith


    0 Not allowed!
    Attachment 667Attachment 668Attachment 669




    I've been listening to a local radio show here in San Antonio. The host, Geoff Sheen, says that the extension that the Cowboys gave Romo was what his market value currently is. In other words, if Tony Romo had been a free agent this year, that contract is what other teams would have paid to sign Romo. So, I'd like to pose this question to the Kansas City Chiefs fan base:

    If Tony Romo were a free agent this year, would you rather have Tony Romo at 6yr/$108m, Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts, or Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts?

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Statistically, Romo is on pace to have Marino type numbers. Very underrated.

    $2Million less than Tom Brady and more money than Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco underrated? C'mon...

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    $2Million less than Tom Brady and more money than Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco underrated? C'mon...
    5 Quarterbacks have a career passer rating of > 95. Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Tony Romo. And yes, I would take Romo over Flacco.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 751

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    5 Quarterbacks have a career passer rating of > 95. Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Tony Romo. And yes, I would take Romo over Flacco.
    I wouldn't. Flacco through his career has been a proven winner when it comes to winning playoff games ON THE ROAD !! That's a stat that's FAR more important than the passer rating.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    5 Quarterbacks have a career passer rating of > 95. Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Tony Romo. And yes, I would take Romo over Flacco.
    That's all I need to hear. No wonder you like Geno Smith.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    That's all I need to hear. No wonder you like Geno Smith.
    You're suffering from a severe case of recency bias if you think Flacco is better than Romo. Flacco QBs one of the most well coached teams in the NFL. Romo is stuck w/ Jerry Jones' nonsense. And if you guys want to make the playoff wins argument, then I'll assume you'd take Flacco over Peyton.

    Of course you wouldn't. You can't have it both ways.

    Keep ignoring the QB rating stat.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-07-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 751

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You're suffering from a severe case of recency bias if you think Flacco is better than Romo. Flacco QBs one of the most well coached teams in the NFL. Romo is stuck w/ Jerry Jones' nonsense. And if you guys want to make the playoff wins argument, then I'll assume you'd take Flacco over Peyton.

    Of course you wouldn't.
    You can't have it both ways.



    Keep ignoring the QB rating stat.
    BET ME !!!

    With that type of 20/20 hindsight, I would indeed take Flacco over Manning. Manning has played on many teams that were just as well coached as the Ravens. Who's kidding who? You'd be INSANE to prefer QB ratings over playoff success.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There is so much more behind Flacco's playoff wins. Check out his first 7 games: http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/post/

    He was 4-3. 6 of the 7 he won with less than 200 yards passing. He won a game with 34 yards passing! He won two games where he threw 0 TDs! Sorry guys, you're wrong here.


    Put Flacco on the Cowboys or Romo on the Ravens, we're not having this conversation of Flacco being the QB that Romo is. Romo made Laurent freaking Robinson a stud WR!

    Not to mention that if Rahim Moore wasn't a complete idiot, we're not even having this conversation about Flacco.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-07-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Holy ****, I forgot that the QB is the only one that matters when it comes to playoff games. This is hysterical.

    Flacco > all!!!!!
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-08-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 751

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    There is so much more behind Flacco's playoff wins. Check out his first 7 games: http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/post/

    He was 4-3. 6 of the 7 he won with less than 200 yards passing. He won a game with 34 yards passing! He won two games where he threw 0 TDs! Sorry guys, you're wrong here.


    Put Flacco on the Cowboys or Romo on the Ravens, we're not having this conversation of Flacco being the QB that Romo is. Romo made Laurent freaking Robinson a stud WR!
    Guess again !! There's an old saying --> "It's not statistics that count, it's points on the scoreboard". The only one that is wrong here is YOU !! The game where he had 34 yards passing, the Ravens running game DOMINATED that game to the extent that he only had to pass 10 times.

    Your statement of "Put Flacco on the Cowboys or Romo on the Ravens, we're not having this conversation of Flacco being the QB that Romo is" amounts to irrelevant BS, as there is no way you can substantiate that and there's no way anyone could possibly know for certain what would happen with the Cowboys if they had Flacco.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Holy ****, I forgot that the QB is the only one that matters when it comes to playoff games. This is hysterical.

    Flacco > all!!!!!
    Nobody even remotely suggested that except you & you pulled that one out of your arse. We're well aware it's a team game and we're well aware that Flacco has done more to help his team in the post-season, than he's done to hurt them.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-08-2013 at 12:17 AM.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is the funniest thread ever! Just cracking up at the Flacco love. I have to get to bed but thanks for the laughs! And thank you Rahim Moore!

    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. jaguars looking into geno smith
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 06:38 PM
  2. raiders interested in geno smith
    By slc chief in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM
  3. Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 04:30 AM
  4. Geno Smith Scouting Films
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 11:35 AM
  5. The Case For Geno Smith
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •