Thread: As much as i have rooted for Branden....

Default As much as i have rooted for Branden....

the time has come for us to say goodbye
    the me first attitude has'nt sat well with me and more importantly has'nt sat well with the head coach or gm
    i dont want franchised, i wont play any other position but left tackle, etc etc etc
    thanks big guy but its time to move on
    with that said i must say it would open wide a door of endless opportunity
    where to start
    first off we would acquire pick #42 from miami
    i must say i would hope we acquire an additional pick....thats another ball of wax
    lets say we are on the clock at #42
    the chiefs select lber alec ogletree
    before anyone says anything about his off field problems lets remember that justin houson fell to us in the third round for the same reasons...he is now a probowler
    ogletree is possibly the best cover lber i have ever seen...he covers guys 30 yards downfield with the greatest of ease...he goes sideline to sideline with the best of them
    weakness is dealing with blockers coming straight at him(enter dontario poe and eric berry)(he shouldnt have to deal with blockers coming straight at him all the time)
    then, with some of the 9 million in cap space we gain by trading albert
    we go after two of these veterans who would put us over the top
    the list of veterans to consider are as follows
    4)casey hampton 3)richard seymour 2)brian urlacher 1)charles woodson
    urlacher to groom ogletree how sweet would that be?
    woodson one year deal to play free safety
    it could happen and should....if i only had an hour to talk to mister urlacher and woodson i could convince both to end their respective hall of fame careers in kc winning a superbowl!!!
    (sidenote...urlacher as is ogletree a converted safety)

option #2
    money freed up by moving albert to miami is used to target starting right tackle instead of signing a couple veterans to bolster the final roster
    tyson clabo-an excellent run blocker with a nasty streak that andy reid loves(what if we draft fisher #1 overall and bring in clabo)(we would have the nastiest offensive tackle tandem in the history of the nfl it would take solid offer to bring him in...it would'nt take a block buster but it would take some cash
    andre smith(possible the best right tackle in the game)this would take big offer?

option #1
    hali-urlacher-dj-houston starting lbers with ogletree-alonso(who is alonso?i am hoping our pick at #63)-zombo-sheffield as our backups
    option #2
    fisher-allen-hudson-asamoah-clabo starting o line with schwartz-stephenson-b jones(who is b jones our pick at #96) as backups

thoughts anyone?
    this are realistic options and i must say as much as i like albert i kind of welcome these opportunities for our beloved chiefs

its plain and simple get something for albert this year or watch him walk next year and get nothing in return. i say see ya branden it has been o.k not great just like your performance

i have looked at some of the players available and i am leaning towards going after tyson clabo first(thats asuming we make a trade with miami) and then approach the vet's who remain.
    Wonder what it would take to sign Urlacher? Richard Seymour and/or casey hampton would help the d line depth tremendously.

ok
    thought i would throw out my "dream" draft
    1) eric fisher (i like joeckel better but fisher is an andy reid type o lineman)(maybe we can move down a couple spots and still get fisher??)
    2)alec ogletree lb
    3)kiko alonso lb
    3)barrett jones c
    4)marcus lattimore rb

if we trade albert i wouldnt want to move down past 4. if albert walks you have to replace him with an elite tackle. if they are going to go after a free agent with the cap money saved from albert. i would want carlos dansby. the guy had 132 tackles last season and he would be an awesome fit next to d.j. but i would not be opposed if they just hung on to the money until next year. we dont want to be a team screwed in cap space

I like a lot of what you wrote Steve. I don't really like Urlacher as he has always played in a Tampa 2 4-3, and may not translate well. I wouldn't mind Dansby though. I think the FA RT option is intriguing, but I also think that Stephenson will be able to play RT very well. I love the idea of us getting B. Jones since he could play all positions (except LT probably). Latimore would be a huge value, and we could probably afford to put him on the PUP list for the beginning of the season until he is fully recovered.

thanks...jap1
    looks like miami is willing to meet alberts demands
    lets get the deal done ...we must demand the #42 and not the #54 pick
    dansby would be great but i think it would cost to much
    i would rather spend to sign tyson clabo...he is an andy reid type olineman
    i think stephenson would benefit from more coaching i dont think he's ready to start
    i dont think kiko alonso will last til the third round a lot of buzz starting for him...he is definately a riser
    barrett jones top of the third would be an excellent value
    i am reading and hearing ogletree will not fall into the middle of the 2nd
    there was talk of him possibly falling out of the first but i just dont think he will
    1)fisher or joeckel
    2)alonso
    3)b jones
    3)k greene lb(rutgers)
    4)lattimore