Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolando McClain released by Raiders...

Default Rolando McClain released by Raiders...

...possible consideration for ILB next to DJ? Thoughts?

I am guessing and this is just pure speculation bu there is probably some pending news about him soon to come out. Why would the Raiders to release him at this point in time. What was their motive. Maybe a suspension, or arrest. Maybe he just does not get along with the team but you would have thought they would have cut him sooner if that was the case.

Rolando Mcclain yahoo link.jpg

McClain should have no problem clearing waivers. The 23-year-old has two seasons and $10.31 million remaining on his five-year, $40.25 million rookie contract and is scheduled to earn $4.255 million in total cash compensation 2013 and another $6.055 million in 2014.

According to a source with knowledge of McClain's rookie contract, $3.635 million of the $10.31 million that remains on the contract is fully guaranteed with no offset language. Any team that willingly acquires McClain's contract, also acquires the $3.635 million in fully guaranteed base salary.

In 41 games over the last three seasons, McClain has 246 tackles, 6.5 sacks and one interception. McClain's most impressive season came in 2011 when he posted five sacks and a career-high 14 passes defensed as a 14-game starter.

McClain started nine of 11 games for the Raiders last season, totaling 62 tackles and a sack. In late November, McClain got into a verbal argument with head coach Dennis Allen and was suspended for two weeks for conduct detrimental to the team. After his suspension, McClain was inactive for the final three games of the season, setting the stage for the two sides to go their separate ways this offseason. The Raiders had granted McClain's agent, Pat Dye, to seek a trade, but with a toxic contract, a run-in with a head coach and off-field issues, there were no takers.
    Yahoo! link

I also was keenly interested in him and have wondered where his production has been. I haven't seen many games but I also think he'd be a nice option and if he were to improve and stick, well that would be just great twice, maybe three times a year going up against Oakland with him.

Early consensus has him fitting well with Baltimore, Chicago or Atlanta, can't say where that's all coming from but I've heard thise teams in speculation concerning him whether founded or no.
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 04-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

So letting him go so late in Free Agency is a screw you gester. Wait until most teams spend their cap on other free agents and then release him so that the demand and dollar amounts are not there for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So letting him go so late in Free Agency is a screw you gester. Wait until most teams spend their cap on other free agents and then release him so that the demand and dollar amounts are not there for him.
    You know, I hadn't thought of that, but you could be right.

Looks like he's going to Ravens.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am guessing and this is just pure speculation bu there is probably some pending news about him soon to come out. Why would the Raiders to release him at this point in time. What was their motive. Maybe a suspension, or arrest. Maybe he just does not get along with the team but you would have thought they would have cut him sooner if that was the case.
    You just described what is commonly held as a prerequisite for most Raiders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12