Thread: Impressive tryout at Regional Combine

Default Impressive tryout at Regional Combine

So a british discus thrower went to a Regional Scouting Combine and was apparently pretty impressive. He sits at 6'5 304 lbs and he ran the 40 in 4.78 and 4.88. Thats pretty damn fast for someone that size. He has never played organized football, though. His name is Lawrence Okoye (no relation to THE Nigerian Nightmare). I think he would be worth taking a flyer on in the 7th round and teaching him up for a year on the practice squad. If he catches on quickly, he could be a great 3-4 DE. Oh, and for more of a coincidence, he is also of Nigerian ancestry. Also, many people dont realize that Christian Okoye (THE Nigerian Nightmare), also was a track star and only started playing football after missing the olympics when he was in college at Azusa Pacific.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ional-combine/

Are you sure they are not related somehow. If so I say get him fast and convert him!

just bring him in as an UDFA, no one will waste even a 7th round pick , except maybe the niners cause they got so many
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I doubt the niners will waste the picks...they have so few roster spots that aren't settled, they are likely to group draft picks together to move up, or get picks for future years. I don't expect them to actually draft 10+ players.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

We should use our draft picks on actual football players that may help this team. Guys just showing off athletic ability are projects that should be signed off the street.

Would be nice to see an Englishman make it in the league but i don't think his skills will be good enough for any NFL roster. Hope I'm wrong but if he's never played the game before I'm very skeptical.

I'm gonna make him as a character on my Madden team. I had to check the date of the post, thought it was posted on the 1st for a second.

Those coincidences and his size are appealing though and that would be an excellent scenario were it to happen. Maybe we sign him as an UDFA or someone else does and he ends up with us.

Thanks for the post.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***