View Poll Results: Which player would you rather have based on the info below?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Player A

4 44.44%
  • Player B

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have as your quarterback?

Hybrid View

Default Who would you rather have as your quarterback?

This is an extension from another thread. I just have to get the thoughts of everyone else on this.

Player A: 60.5 comp %, 7.1 yards/attempt, 102/56 TD:INT (1.81 TDs for every INT), 86.3 career QB rating, has never thrown for over 3900 yards in a season (averages 220.4 yards/gm), sacked on 6.5% of his dropbacks, averages 1.28 TD passes/game started.

Player B: 64.7 comp%, 7.9 yards/attempt, 177/91 TD:INT (1.94 TDs for every INT), 95.6 career QB rating (one of only 5 QBs all time w/ > 95 career QB rating), has thrown for over 4100 yards 4 times in 7 years (other 3 years had less than 14 games started, averages 276 yards/start), sacked on 5.2% of his dropbacks, averages 1.90 TD passes/game started.

All things being equal as far as the other 52 players, who do you want quarterbacking your team?

One player is obviously much younger which would enter into my decision. Also, I'm more likely to go with the person playing well right now, which you can't judge my looking at the career stat line. But purely on statistics, I'd take QB B over A. I'm also going to guess that player B is on a crappy team.

Can you please add the third option of C) Matt Cassel......
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

A IS A NO brainer!!! It's a trick question!! A has more upside!!

Joe Flacco... oops... I mean whichever one is Joe Flacco.

Seeing as how 100+ people have viewed with only 4 voting, and seeing how silly the concept of even starting a poll like this in the 1st place was, just to support a phony argument -- the background laughter that you hear in this vid at 4:59 and at 5:16 certainly does come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Seeing as how 100+ people have viewed with only 4 voting
    Hmm that's funny. In this poll 17/561 have voted (1/33) and in the poll I started 5/167 have voted (1/33.4). Sounds like that's about the general participation rate among Chiefs Crowd.

I suppose you'll tell me stats don't matter again though.

Thanks for stopping by though.

Stats do Matter a whole bunch. But the big thing about Stats is that Variables make the stats... Your examples are not using the same variables to give you a fair comparison. Unless both QB's were playing on the same teams, with the same exact playres in the same exact playing situation. Your Stats will be skewed.... You also left out the most important stat of all. Playoff wins, Playoff stats, Superbowls. Look at Matt Cassel with New England and compare him to KC. Completely different QB.

So based on an eye test. I don't want a lot of Cowboy games, but the ones I have watched. Romo didn't pass the eye test and anyone really set on him being a good QB, has to be biased towards him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    But the big thing about Stats is that Variables make the stats... Your examples are not using the same variables to give you a fair comparison.
    Fair...IMO though, these things:

Playoff wins, Playoff stats, Superbowls.
    Have much more to do with the surrounding variables (i.e. your team, coach, defense) than personal stats for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Fair...IMO though, these things:

Have much more to do with the surrounding variables (i.e. your team, coach, defense) than personal stats for a QB.
    They are the same and still not a completely fair comparison between the two. The individual stats you posted also depend on team, coach defense...etc... But that is the best you can provide to compare the two given you can't have consistent variables. Adding Play offs etc. shows you how they performed against the best talent under the most stressful situations when it mattered the most. The thing about Flacco is that all season long he looks just like a managemt QB and nothing to close to an Elite QB, but in the play offs when it matters he performed like a top 5 QB picking up the slack where the rest of the team hit a stalemate because the competition was as good. From what I saw from Romo, he failed to to pick up that slack, and ended making mistakes that made winning more difficult. Which is why I say to support Romo over Flacco would have to warrant some sort of biased opinion towards him. The games that matter more favor Flacco.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast