View Poll Results: Which player would you rather have based on the info below?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Player A

4 44.44%
  • Player B

5 55.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you rather have as your quarterback?

Default Who would you rather have as your quarterback?

This is an extension from another thread. I just have to get the thoughts of everyone else on this.

Player A: 60.5 comp %, 7.1 yards/attempt, 102/56 TD:INT (1.81 TDs for every INT), 86.3 career QB rating, has never thrown for over 3900 yards in a season (averages 220.4 yards/gm), sacked on 6.5% of his dropbacks, averages 1.28 TD passes/game started.

Player B: 64.7 comp%, 7.9 yards/attempt, 177/91 TD:INT (1.94 TDs for every INT), 95.6 career QB rating (one of only 5 QBs all time w/ > 95 career QB rating), has thrown for over 4100 yards 4 times in 7 years (other 3 years had less than 14 games started, averages 276 yards/start), sacked on 5.2% of his dropbacks, averages 1.90 TD passes/game started.

All things being equal as far as the other 52 players, who do you want quarterbacking your team?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    But the big thing about Stats is that Variables make the stats... Your examples are not using the same variables to give you a fair comparison.
    Fair...IMO though, these things:

Playoff wins, Playoff stats, Superbowls.
    Have much more to do with the surrounding variables (i.e. your team, coach, defense) than personal stats for a QB.

Joe Flacco

Stats don't tell the whole story. Put up the career playoff wins and see what happens.
    Last edited by Guru; 04-11-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Fair...IMO though, these things:

Have much more to do with the surrounding variables (i.e. your team, coach, defense) than personal stats for a QB.
    They are the same and still not a completely fair comparison between the two. The individual stats you posted also depend on team, coach defense...etc... But that is the best you can provide to compare the two given you can't have consistent variables. Adding Play offs etc. shows you how they performed against the best talent under the most stressful situations when it mattered the most. The thing about Flacco is that all season long he looks just like a managemt QB and nothing to close to an Elite QB, but in the play offs when it matters he performed like a top 5 QB picking up the slack where the rest of the team hit a stalemate because the competition was as good. From what I saw from Romo, he failed to to pick up that slack, and ended making mistakes that made winning more difficult. Which is why I say to support Romo over Flacco would have to warrant some sort of biased opinion towards him. The games that matter more favor Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They are the same and still not a completely fair comparison between the two. The individual stats you posted also depend on team, coach defense...etc... But that is the best you can provide to compare the two given you can't have consistent variables. Adding Play offs etc. shows you how they performed against the best talent under the most stressful situations when it mattered the most. The thing about Flacco is that all season long he looks just like a managemt QB and nothing to close to an Elite QB, but in the play offs when it matters he performed like a top 5 QB picking up the slack where the rest of the team hit a stalemate because the competition was as good. From what I saw from Romo, he failed to to pick up that slack, and ended making mistakes that made winning more difficult. Which is why I say to support Romo over Flacco would have to warrant some sort of biased opinion towards him. The games that matter more favor Flacco.
    I so agree with those statements!

The playoffs and getting into the playoffs are Romos' kryptonite.
    I keep remembering the playoff game with the Seahawks with about a minute to go and all they needed was a field goal...fumbled the field goal snap.

2008 trying to get into the playoffs with a win, last game of the season vs. Eagles-lost 44-6
    2011 trying to get into the playoffs with a win, last game of the season vs. Giants-lost 31-14
    2012 trying to get into the playoffs with a win, last game of the season vs. Redskins-lost 28-18

In that Eagles game he fumbled the ball for a 73 yd fumble return TD
    In the final game this last season, I told my son "hell throw an interception near side of the field in the flat" he did just that. Blowing any chance they had for a comeback. He threw 3 ints that game.

I do not doubt Romo is a good QB. He plays on the Cowboys-has weapons, heck they're the Yankees(love 'em or hate 'em) in the football world. Romo says it best himself:

"Your legacy will be written when you're done playing the game," Romo said. "And when it's over with, you'll look back. ... It's disappointing not being able to get over that hump." -Tony Romo

Maybe one of these days he'll get that monkey off of his back. For now, though, that monkey is on a full 8 second ride!

Romo has never won the big game. Romo breaks down and turns over at critical times periodically. He streaks. He crashes. Why even ask the question?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12