Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How LITTLE would you take to trade down?

Default How LITTLE would you take to trade down?

So, it is not a secret that the Chiefs are strongly considering moving down in the draft and that we are interested in Joeckel and Fisher.

In the top 4 only us and Philly need an OT, which means we could drop as low as 4 and still get either Joeckel or Fisher.

Would you be willing to only swap 1sts and get someone's 2nd round pick to move down a couple spots? Or would you want something that would match up the point values.

I would tak the 2nd if that's all I could get. My logic is if you can move down and still get your man, why not get something out of it. Say Jax wants Geno, and wants to keep us from trading with others. We move down one spot (with everyone still on the board), and get the top pick in the 2nd round. Why NOT make that move (especially if its the only offer)? Am I crazy to think this way?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Trade with Miami so they can get either Joekel or Fisher. So swap picks, plus their earlieat second round pick, and a second, or third next season.
    Giving up WAY too much value. Trade Albert for their first 2nd round pick and both camps are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Giving up WAY too much value. Trade Albert for their first 2nd round pick and both camps are happy.
    Much more likely than this scenario here posted on Walterfootball.com:

April 12: "The Dolphins have Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher rated considerably higher than Lane Johnson. As such, the Dolphins don't appear to be all that interested in trading up for Johnson as has been speculated around the league in recent days, but are very keen to move up for either Joeckel or Fisher. In fact, according to sources the Dolphins won't rule out trading all the way up to the #1 pick to get one of those guys if that’s what it takes." - GBN Report
    The Dolphins would have to give up 3 or 4 picks to move up to #1, which if I had to guess would be #12 and both their 2nd rounders at a minimum.

Speculation, but let's say for the moment Joeckel or Fisher falls to #3 where the Raiders are sitting, then I could easily see the Dolphins trading a 2nd rounder to the Raiders ( Oak doesn't have a 2nd round pick ) to move up to #3 to take one of those Tackles. But, in doing so, they probably miss out on the chance to get one of those top 2 or 3 CB's and they do need one. This is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Much more likely than this scenario here posted on Walterfootball.com:

The Dolphins would have to give up 3 or 4 picks to move up to #1, which if I had to guess would be #12 and both their 2nd rounders at a minimum.

Speculation, but let's say for the moment Joeckel or Fisher falls to #3 where the Raiders are sitting, then I could easily see the Dolphins trading a 2nd rounder to the Raiders ( Oak doesn't have a 2nd round pick ) to move up to #3 to take one of those Tackles. But, in doing so, they probably miss out on the chance to get one of those top 2 or 3 CB's and they do need one. This is going to be interesting.
    They'd need to throw in '14 1st as well as their top 3 picks this season to pull that off. I'd do that trade.

So essentially we r stuck with disgruntled Albert and #1 pick

^^^^^^ yup....draft smith and trade him!!!!!!!!

In this draft being sorta lackluster I would swap first rounders and take what we gave up to get Alex Smith I wouldn't be to upset with that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    In this draft being sorta lackluster I would swap first rounders and take what we gave up to get Alex Smith I wouldn't be to upset with that
    That's as may be. But, I wouldn't bat an eye if this 2013 draft class ends up having a bigger impact long-term on the Chiefs team than all of Pioli's previous 4 drafts combined.

I dont mind trading down but only at the right price. This draft may not be top heavy but we can get an impact player at #1 cuz theirs alteast kne star in this draft. I dont want to trade down just to trade down and lose out on a sure pick. Miami would need to give us this years 1st and top 2nd and nexts years 1st. Or this years and next years 1st eound and this years top 2 rd and maybe a late round pick to trade to the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I dont mind trading down but only at the right price. This draft may not be top heavy but we can get an impact player at #1 cuz theirs alteast kne star in this draft. I dont want to trade down just to trade down and lose out on a sure pick. Miami would need to give us this years 1st and top 2nd and nexts years 1st. Or this years and next years 1st eound and this years top 2 rd and maybe a late round pick to trade to the first pick.
    Sorry man, but Jeff Ireland has said:

“I've got enough ammunition to get to the first pick if I wanted to, but I don't see myself doing that, personally,” Ireland said, in the Palm Beach Post.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ade-up-to-no-1

Sure I'd love for the Chiefs to trade down and get extra picks, but Branden Albert's pig-headed stance has put the Chiefs in a position to where they'd be better served to stay put at #1 and just take either Joeckel or Fisher. Besides, the Chiefs are somewhere around 3 million under the cap & you can bet that Albert is wearing the bullseye, as far as shedding cap space goes, and a draft-day trade regarding Albert is highly likely.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-16-2013 at 05:13 PM.

What if this regimes plans have been to drum up interest in the 2 tackles so we can trade down? We don't really need a Lt we have Albert and maybe he's just playing the game to help the chiefs also. Only one more week till we all find out!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast