Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How LITTLE would you take to trade down?

Hybrid View

Default How LITTLE would you take to trade down?

So, it is not a secret that the Chiefs are strongly considering moving down in the draft and that we are interested in Joeckel and Fisher.

In the top 4 only us and Philly need an OT, which means we could drop as low as 4 and still get either Joeckel or Fisher.

Would you be willing to only swap 1sts and get someone's 2nd round pick to move down a couple spots? Or would you want something that would match up the point values.

I would tak the 2nd if that's all I could get. My logic is if you can move down and still get your man, why not get something out of it. Say Jax wants Geno, and wants to keep us from trading with others. We move down one spot (with everyone still on the board), and get the top pick in the 2nd round. Why NOT make that move (especially if its the only offer)? Am I crazy to think this way?

No, not at all. But, the question is, why would the Jags even move, when they probably believe nobody else wants to trade up to #1 for Geno? Barring, of course, the Jets-Jags Revis trade and them offering both the #9 and #13 picks to move up to #1, but even if the Revis trade goes through, there's no certainty that Jets would want to trade up for Geno Smith or the Chiefs wanting to trade down that far.

With all the possible scenarios, until proven wrong, I believe the Chiefs are stuck at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No, not at all. But, the question is, why would the Jags even move, when they probably believe nobody else wants to trade up to #1 for Geno? Barring, of course, the Jets-Jags Revis trade and them offering both the #9 and #13 picks to move up to #1, but even if the Revis trade goes through, there's no certainty that Jets would want to trade up for Geno Smith or the Chiefs wanting to trade down that far.

With all the possible scenarios, until proven wrong, I believe the Chiefs are stuck at #1.
    Back to the main point, though. Disregarding the likelihood of anyone wanting to trade with us, what is the minimum offer you would take?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Back to the main point, though. Disregarding the likelihood of anyone wanting to trade with us, what is the minimum offer you would take?
    OK, I get it. If it's any of the other top 5 teams with the exception of the Raiders -- 2nd rounder or a pair of 3rds or no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Philly's LT is probably the best in the league.
    Assuming Peters can come back healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    So, it is not a secret that the Chiefs are strongly considering moving down in the draft and that we are interested in Joeckel and Fisher.

In the top 4 only us and Philly need an OT, which means we could drop as low as 4 and still get either Joeckel or Fisher.

Would you be willing to only swap 1sts and get someone's 2nd round pick to move down a couple spots? Or would you want something that would match up the point values.

I would tak the 2nd if that's all I could get. My logic is if you can move down and still get your man, why not get something out of it. Say Jax wants Geno, and wants to keep us from trading with others. We move down one spot (with everyone still on the board), and get the top pick in the 2nd round. Why NOT make that move (especially if its the only offer)? Am I crazy to think this way?

Philly's LT is probably the best in the league.

Assuming no current NFL players are in the deal, I wouldn't take less than a 200 pt. hit... and that's REALLY stretching it. I'd be hesitant to take a 100 pt. hit. If I'm giving up "the best player in the draft", I shouldn't be the one conceding points in the first place. But if the Jets only offered us #s 9 and 13 with nothing else included, I'd have a tough time walking from the table. A pair of top 13 picks in this deeply talented draft is something this team should not pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Assuming no current NFL players are in the deal, I wouldn't take less than a 200 pt. hit... and that's REALLY stretching it. I'd be hesitant to take a 100 pt. hit. If I'm giving up "the best player in the draft", I shouldn't be the one conceding points in the first place. But if the Jets only offered us #s 9 and 13 with nothing else included, I'd have a tough time walking from the table. A pair of top 13 picks in this deeply talented draft is something this team should not pass up.
    Hmmmm..............Star and Warmack with those two picks with Jeff Allen moving back out to Tackle.............fascinating thought.

I'd take a 2&3 would not swap with rraiders.

Depends on how far back we traded, but if we could stay in the top 5-6 picks and pick up an early 2nd rd pick, I'd be thrilled with that.

Trade with Miami so they can get either Joekel or Fisher. So swap picks, plus their earlieat second round pick, and a second, or third next season.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast