Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    If we have a backup that's equivalent to Kurt warner who can step in win a super bowl and become a hall of famer then I am on board with drafting a LT.

The problem with that is the odds are 100000000000000 to 1.
    Or maybe we have a starter who can step up and win a superbowl now. You don't know that we don't anymore then I know we do. That's a fact. You again state your opinion on Alex Smith as fact. But a FACT that you have never been able to answer is that Alex Smith has NEVER played for Andy Reid. Andy Reid has NEVER ran an offense with Alex Smith. You don't know what's going to happen with him. Stop acting like you do.

If we don't get help with our O line That "elite QB" you go on and on about won't make it through the season. Again this is a fact 10 sacks in 2 games given up. If that keeps up that would be 80 sacks in a season. And that's just sacks that's not counting all the other hits a QB would take. Do you think many Qbs are going to get up from that many hits every time. Like it or not this team needs O line help. We have made a move to help the QB spot. No matter how much you dislike it we have. We have made moves to help our other huge need CB. Now helping the O line wouldn't be a bad move. But go on whineing that they didn't chose the QB you wanted.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It wouldn't hurt anything and with 9 draft picks, I would love for them to double-dip at the QB position and use the other 7 picks to bolster other areas. The reason I say double-dip at the QB position is because the Chiefs are ZERO for 17 drafting QB's since 1970, but never before have they double-dipped at the QB position, so in doing that, just maybe they'll finally hit on a QB choice.

Although, I don't believe they'll double-dip at the QB position in the upcoming draft, by the same token, I'm not sold on Chase Daniel, Ricky Stanzi, or Alex Tanney being future starters or long-term solutions.
    THIS...Right now I do think it's the elephant in the living room. I'd bet that Albert or Albert's agent knows this, too.

Could this year be the biggest blunder regime in the history of football?

I just can't fathom what in the world is going on inside the minds of the new regime of the Kansas City Chiefs. Here's the part I don't get. How can this franchise let Albert go after picking up Smith?

A.Smith:
    So we give up the #33 pick (2013), 3rd round in (2014) conditionally a 2nd rounder.
    B. Albert:
    Then we decide it's a good idea to trade B. Albert for the 42nd (Maybe even the 54th) pick so with the #1 overall pick we can replace Albert? Is Joeckel better than Albert? Albert did give us 71 starts in 5 years.

We really aren't getting any better at LT and we are giving up our #1, moving down 11-22 spots in round 2, and giving up a 3rd/2nd rounder in 2014 all for A. Smith.

Doesn't it make more sense to sign Albert and draft Fisher solidifying that KC has hands down, the BEST O_LINE in the league?

Sorry for the rant in my first post ever, but being from Oregon I need some Chiefs fans to talk to. My head is ready to assplode!

Quote Originally Posted by ItAintEasyBeingaChiefsFan View Post

I just can't fathom what in the world is going on inside the minds of the new regime of the Kansas City Chiefs. Here's the part I don't get. How can this franchise let Albert go after picking up Smith?

A.Smith:
    So we give up the #33 pick (2013), 3rd round in (2014) conditionally a 2nd rounder.
    B. Albert:
    Then we decide it's a good idea to trade B. Albert for the 42nd (Maybe even the 54th) pick so with the #1 overall pick we can replace Albert? Is Joeckel better than Albert? Albert did give us 71 starts in 5 years.

We really aren't getting any better at LT and we are giving up our #1, moving down 11-22 spots in round 2, and giving up a 3rd/2nd rounder in 2014 all for A. Smith.

Doesn't it make more sense to sign Albert and draft Fisher solidifying that KC has hands down, the BEST O_LINE in the league?

On paper it would be great to keep Albert draft Fisher but the problem is Albert seems to have very high contract demands. Demands that even the Dolphins who seem greatly intrested in Albert are not 100% sold on giving him. That and The problems Albert had with his back last season can't be completly ignored either. Also add in the fact that Jockel has said he would be willing to play RT just because we would draft him doesn't mean we would trade Albert just like that. There's a lot more going into it then what's just on paper it seems like the relationship between Albert and the Chiefs has soured in the past few weeks

Oh and welcome
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ty for the welcome first and foremost!
    As for Albert I mean the guy just wants to get paid doesn't he. Does he really want out of KC or does he want money? I feel like its way more about money than a soured relationship. As for the CAP can't we restructure a couple deals and cut a few guys like, T. Moeaki, R Stanzi, B Mattison, K. Lewis and a few others to free up about $6,000,000

It just seems like we are flushing our #1, #33, and 3rd/2rd rounders down the toilet for a guy who many feel was overcompensated for in A. Smith.

Ty for the welcome first and foremost!
    As for Albert I mean the guy just wants to get paid doesn't he. Does he really want out of KC or does he want money? I feel like its way more about money than a soured relationship. As for the CAP can't we restructure a couple deals and cut a few guys like, T. Moeaki, R Stanzi, B Mattison, K. Lewis and a few others to free up about $6,000,000

It just seems like we are flushing our #1, #33, and 3rd/2rd rounders down the toilet for a guy who many feel was overcompensated for in A. Smith.
    Albert wants to get paid but that doesn't mean the Chiefs should just give him what he wants. This trade talk could just be a negotiating move who knows until it's done. The reasons I don't think Albert is going to be around long is

a. Albert seems to want a hight amount. It's not just 1 team that thought it was high the Dolphins also seem to think so. Sometimes a player just thinks he's worth more then what he really is. Anther thing that could be in play here is the fact like I said Albert is coming off Back problems the Chiefs might just be wanting to see him come back 100% before giving him the money he wants and Albert might not be to thrilled with this.

b. Albert was the only player the not show up at workouts. Claiming that he just wanted to be clear on his status. That tends to tell me there isn't complete trust there.

It's not the ideal situation by any means that we find ourselfs in but sometimes that just happens and you have to get as much as you can for a guy.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I hear what you are saying, but after all is said and done, we were willing to lay the franchise tag on him for $9,000,000 Its obvious we think he's good enough when healthy to have him around. Is getting a 2nd rounder worth dropping the #1 pick and the chance to have a healthy Albert in 2014?

It cuts deep to see this franchise get the #1 pick after sucking all these years and piss it all away.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Or maybe we have a starter who can step up and win a superbowl now. You don't know that we don't anymore then I know we do. That's a fact. You again state your opinion on Alex Smith as fact. But a FACT that you have never been able to answer is that Alex Smith has NEVER played for Andy Reid. Andy Reid has NEVER ran an offense with Alex Smith. You don't know what's going to happen with him. Stop acting like you do.

If we don't get help with our O line That "elite QB" you go on and on about won't make it through the season. Again this is a fact 10 sacks in 2 games given up. If that keeps up that would be 80 sacks in a season. And that's just sacks that's not counting all the other hits a QB would take. Do you think many Qbs are going to get up from that many hits every time. Like it or not this team needs O line help. We have made a move to help the QB spot. No matter how much you dislike it we have. We have made moves to help our other huge need CB. Now helping the O line wouldn't be a bad move. But go on whineing that they didn't chose the QB you wanted.

Alex Smith has never averaged more than 200 yards passing per game in a season and all of the sudden he is going to lead us to the super bowl.

The LT which is the position we are drafting is fine, you need to understand that. Baltimore didn't have an elite LT and they were fine.

The bottomline is this, you dont need an elite LT to be a contender but you do need a top 10 qb to contend.

They might need o line help but that doesn't include the LT position.

A.Smith:
    B. Albert:

This regime does look like a blunder so far. Signing another backup qb, statistically one of the worst corners in football (Sean Smith) and now we are going to draft a LT which we don't even need.