Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 156

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,042
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 745

    Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins


    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

    If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

  2. #131
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,478
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    What facts? What do you want me to answer? I answered every question you gave me.


    Can you give me a reason why alex smith has not thrown for 3200 yards or had a 20 td season?
    The little FACT that Smith is going to be in a whole new offense. One that he has never been in before. Under a coach he has never played for before. You don't know how he's going to do under a new coach and a new offense.

    The Fact that we don't no if Albert is going to stay around after this year. Sure you could say we have a LT we don't need one but again the Packers could have said we don't need a QB and not drafted Rodgers. How did that work out. By the way we have the gm who was very involved in that. You can't just look at the here and now you have to be able to look ahead.

    You also never answered if it's so stupid to pass on a QB when you need one and take a OT then why did the Rams do it and win the superbowl soon after? It's been done before it COULD happen again. Why just assume it won't

    As for your question I think there are lots of reasons that he may have never done that. A good part falls on Alex Smith. But like I have said over and over you also have to look at coaching his first few years. I again ask you to show me 1 qb that played well under his first couple of head coaches. But again it really doesn't matter since he's going to be in a NEW offense maybe this offense will fit him better and he can put up those numbers. Maybe it won't but there's no reason at all to think it's impossible. Alex Smith has never been great in the NFL. Hes never been a superstar but he also hasn't be garbage. He's shown some signs that he can be a very good QB under the right conditions. Before you start talking about how stupid it was what's so wrong with seeing how he does in this offense. Even the GREATS in the game have struggled when the offense wasn't right for them.

    Randy Moss: did great with the Vikings went to oakland people thought he was done he went to New England and BOOM back to being great in 07

    Brett Farve: Came back from retirement to play for the jets didn't do that great. People thought he was done to. Went to the vikings and that 1st year BOOM back to being great.

    We once took a QB that lost his job because he got hurt like Alex Smith did the backup took the job over and did well and kept the job. His name was Trent Green. Trent lead an offense that was FUN to watch. Give that offense ANY defense at all and we are talking superbowl People didn't know what was going to happen with Green he had questions if he was going to be able to stay on the field to. IT CAN WORK Sorry but it's just way to early to begin bashing the move

  3. #132
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,575
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 115

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    To be fair those 3 guys you named are hall of fame players.......Alex smith is not. I don't even think he's been voted a pro bowl player (and not a subsitute like cassel)

  4. #133
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,478
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    To be fair those 3 guys you named are hall of fame players.......Alex smith is not. I don't even think he's been voted a pro bowl player (and not a subsitute like cassel)
    That was my whole point even hall of famers have struggled when the situation wasn't right. Alex Smith could be coming into a better situation and thus play better he might not. But it's to early to say he can't get the job done when he hasn't taken 1 snap for us

  5. #134
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The little FACT that Smith is going to be in a whole new offense. One that he has never been in before. Under a coach he has never played for before. You don't know how he's going to do under a new coach and a new offense.

    The Fact that we don't no if Albert is going to stay around after this year. Sure you could say we have a LT we don't need one but again the Packers could have said we don't need a QB and not drafted Rodgers. How did that work out. By the way we have the gm who was very involved in that. You can't just look at the here and now you have to be able to look ahead.

    You also never answered if it's so stupid to pass on a QB when you need one and take a OT then why did the Rams do it and win the superbowl soon after? It's been done before it COULD happen again. Why just assume it won't

    As for your question I think there are lots of reasons that he may have never done that. A good part falls on Alex Smith. But like I have said over and over you also have to look at coaching his first few years. I again ask you to show me 1 qb that played well under his first couple of head coaches. But again it really doesn't matter since he's going to be in a NEW offense maybe this offense will fit him better and he can put up those numbers. Maybe it won't but there's no reason at all to think it's impossible. Alex Smith has never been great in the NFL. Hes never been a superstar but he also hasn't be garbage. He's shown some signs that he can be a very good QB under the right conditions. Before you start talking about how stupid it was what's so wrong with seeing how he does in this offense. Even the GREATS in the game have struggled when the offense wasn't right for them.

    Randy Moss: did great with the Vikings went to oakland people thought he was done he went to New England and BOOM back to being great in 07

    Brett Farve: Came back from retirement to play for the jets didn't do that great. People thought he was done to. Went to the vikings and that 1st year BOOM back to being great.

    We once took a QB that lost his job because he got hurt like Alex Smith did the backup took the job over and did well and kept the job. His name was Trent Green. Trent lead an offense that was FUN to watch. Give that offense ANY defense at all and we are talking superbowl People didn't know what was going to happen with Green he had questions if he was going to be able to stay on the field to. IT CAN WORK Sorry but it's just way to early to begin bashing the move
    Ok, I will write out the questions/points that you provided in bold:

    Alex Smith has a new offense: That's true but he has failed to show in the past in the many different systems he has played in that he can throw for yards and put up points.

    GB drafted Rodgers when they didnt need a qb: Debatable, some fans thought Favre was well over the hill during that time. With that being said, they new that the qb position was the most important position to build off of, not a LT.

    I again ask you to show me 1 qb that played well under his first couple of head coaches: Kaepernick, Flacco, Tom brady, RG3, Matt Ryan, Russel Wilson etc..



    Hes never been a superstar but he also hasn't be garbage:
    Yes he has, and aside from that, why would you want to trade for a quarterback who has never been great in this league?


    On Randy Moss and Bret Favre: Both had shown they had been elite in the past, Alex Smith never has.



    In response to the Rams situation: I see the comparison you are trying to make here, but come on, that is one in a million. No sane person is going to believe their franchise is going to do what the 99 rams did.

  6. #135
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Now I want to you to answer my questions:

    Why has Alex Smith never thrown for 3200 yards in a single season (200 per game average)?

    Why has he not thrown 20 td in a single season? His highest being only 17 touchdown passes.

    Out of the 7 seasons he has been a pro, he has only had 2 full seasons. Why should I believe he can remain healthy?

    Why did Harbaugh let Alex Smith shop around from team to team at the end of the 2011 season?

    Why would Harbaugh go with an unproven qb in Kaepernick after only 3-4 games while he has Smith who was with him for a full season and half of the 2012 season?

  7. #136
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Unless we trade Albert in next 16hrs we will waste a #1 pick if take LT.

  8. #137
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

  9. #138
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I am sure they will get a deal done.

  10. #139
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Unless we trade Albert in next 16hrs we will waste a #1 pick if take LT.

    that is obsurd.... if you draft in the first 2 picks of the 2013 draft you better take fisher or joeckel. no other player is even close to being worthy... and oh no if they draft fisher and dont trade albert we have probably the baddest o-line for the 2013 season and maybe beyond. everybody said bowe was going to be gone this year and look who stayed. same can be done with albert. wich brings up you just drafted a rt. well yeah this is 2013 it is a pass happy league. the rt on an o-line is alot more important than it used to be. teams always switch their best de's around and try to have 2 elite pass rushers. so the days of the rt on an offensive line being a road grader for your run game are over. you need 2 dominant pass blockers............... best case scenerio we trade albert for mia'a early 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder next year or at least their high 2nd this year. ........... worse case we keep albert another year and have the best 0-line in the league and alex smith's transaction year to k.c is nice and comfortable

  11. #140
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,478
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Ok, I will write out the questions/points that you provided in bold:

    Alex Smith has a new offense: That's true but he has failed to show in the past in the many different systems he has played in that he can throw for yards and put up points.
    He has done that in other systems but not in the one he will be playing in. Again that's not an opinion that's a fact. You can't say what he's going to do in this system neither can I that's the whole point there.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    GB drafted Rodgers when they didnt need a qb: Debatable, some fans thought Favre was well over the hill during that time. With that being said, they new that the qb position was the most important position to build off of, not a LT.
    What you say about farve is true but then the talk we don't need a LT is also debatable since Albert seems to want a lot of money and thus far they haven't been able to get a long term deal done. Again we can't just look at the here and now And the Albert contract thing still has yet to be answered.


    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I again ask you to show me 1 qb that played well under his first couple of head coaches: Kaepernick, Flacco, Tom brady, RG3, Matt Ryan, Russel Wilson etc..
    You misunderstand me here. I was talking about the coaches Smith played under. Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary. Name me one QB to play well with them as head coach. You can't do it.



    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Hes never been a superstar but he also hasn't be garbage: Yes he has, and aside from that, why would you want to trade for a quarterback who has never been great in this league?
    Because we have a coach who has shown he can work well with QBs. He could work well with Alex Smith it might not work out but any coach who has shown he can do what Smith did the last 2 years is not garbage and can be worked with. Why ignore the potential?



    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    On Randy Moss and Bret Favre: Both had shown they had been elite in the past, Alex Smith never has.
    That's my point. Even hall of fame players have struggled when the situation wasn't right for them. If it can have that effect on hall of fame players it can on young players like Smith was early on even more so.


    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    In response to the Rams situation: I see the comparison you are trying to make here, but come on, that is one in a million. No sane person is going to believe their franchise is going to do what the 99 rams did.
    This years draft is not far off from the 97 draft when the Rams took a franchise OT with there 1st pick. They needed a QB as well. There wasn't one there that stood out. If they had reached and took what was the best option on that time they wouldn't have won that superbowl in all likelyhood. They just didn't focus on 1 need like you didn and it paid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Now I want to you to answer my questions:

    Why has Alex Smith never thrown for 3200 yards in a single season (200 per game average)?

    Why has he not thrown 20 td in a single season? His highest being only 17 touchdown passes.

    Out of the 7 seasons he has been a pro, he has only had 2 full seasons. Why should I believe he can remain healthy?

    Why did Harbaugh let Alex Smith shop around from team to team at the end of the 2011 season?

    Why would Harbaugh go with an unproven qb in Kaepernick after only 3-4 games while he has Smith who was with him for a full season and half of the 2012 season?
    I said before there are lots of reasons most likely. I don't really fallow the 49ers so I don't know them. But 99% of the time it's many things. It's never just 1 guy. Yes Alex Smith takes his fair share of the blame but so do the other players there. It wasn't just Smith who got better it was that whole team that got better. In 2010 we killed them and they really stunk. In 2011 they were a couple of muffed punts away from the superbowl with Alex Smith at QB. He has shown he can take a team far. Yes he had talent around him but so does every other QB in the NFL. Joe Flacco has a good defense Ray Rice and some pretty good WRS does he suck?

    You have asked why Harbaugh let Smith shop around well that can be turned on you and ask why we let Albert talk to other teams. Maybe our managment knows something that most don't

    It has happened alot in the NFL a QB gets hurt in this case a concussion the backup comes in and plays well and they stick with the hot hand. That might backfire on the niners and it has many teams. Again I tell you we once took a team that lost his job because of injury to a guy who got hot and he lead us to having the number 1 offense in the NFL. It can work out why act like it's such a stupid move before one thing has gone wrong in a game? Give it time My man. It's not your message that is the problem it's how you deliver it. If you were to say I'm not sold on Alex Smith ok fine To be 100% honest I have my doubts to. But you act like it's fact he's going to suck which just isn't the truth at this moment in time. Just don't be so judgemental before the fact. You can voice concerns without acting like it's already determend he sucks in KC

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •