Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 757

    Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins


    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

    If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Last check no single player wins a SB without a team behind them. The Ravens won last year and took a T in the first round. Last time Green Bay won a SB they drafted a T in the first round. Df those played win the SB for their teams? You are replacing a LT that is disgruntled and not willing to switch positions do a younger more athletic T. How does thu not make sense?? Hater....
    Absolutely agree with your point of view and you conveyed it nicely, but I know Guru personally and he is no "Hater", he's an avid fan.


  3. #12
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I have been an Albert supporter since day one. He has been criticized to no end. Yet he has done his job pretty darn well. His stats show him in the top 10 for a couple of years now, that is impressive considering his position becomes much harder with a "panic prone" qb who had the weakest and most inaccurate arm in the nfl. We were basicly a one dimentional team and he still did a very good job. He has been underpaid, up until this year, and up until this year has never complained that I am aware of.

    I wanted the best available qb in this draft...........but with Alex and Chase signings I dont see the need for a qb in the first. I still believe we gave up waaaay to much for a qb that has little chance of being the qbotf. Since we are still in rebuilding mode I see a really big need in getting a second round pick back. This draft has enormous value in the second round and we are really missing out if we dont have a second. That all being said I think Alberts time is up. We need to free up some cash, and pick up a new young future hall of famer with that pick.

    I wish Albert well.

    Another thing to think about is, next year we will be in a world of hurt with the cap and I could see us having to let some big guys go, say like either Flowers, Berry, DJ, Hali, or even Alex, So it would not hurt to look for some replacements. Just saying. We desperately need to have a second round pick for this draft.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    albert is not that good... i dont know why they are interested in him. there are much better players around then him sorry

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Keep him and draft the CB#1 to replace Carr

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperfoot View Post
    albert is not that good... i dont know why they are interested in him. there are much better players around then him sorry
    There is NOT a better LT available then Brandon. You put him on a team that actually has a decent qb and passing game he will look like a top 5 LT. Trust me, Albert is NOT the reason we sucked last year or the year before.

    I dare bet even Luke Joeckle and Fisher wont have the impact Albert will in the next 3 years. Unless of course Aberts back may not be healed as expected and reported.

    BTW...... Welcome to the Best Chiefs site on earth.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 04-18-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: added, welcome

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    There is NOT a better LT available then Brandon. You put him on a team that actually has a decent qb and passing game he will look like a top 5 LT. Trust me, Albert is NOT the reason we sucked last year or the year before.

    I dare bet even Luke Joeckle and Fisher wont have the impact Albert will in the next 3 years. Unless of course Aberts back may not be healed as expected and reported.

    BTW...... Welcome to the Best Chiefs site on earth.
    They are reporting on the radio with Kevin Harlen that this is basically a done deal pending a physical. They are also about to have Herm Edwards one to discuss drafting Albert, because the Chiefs Traded up to get Albert because they knew Andy Reid and the Eagles were going to take him. So the conversation is basically stating that Andy Reid knows what he has with Albert from studying him in college and then agains the Chiefs and then with the Chiefs.

    So the Chiefs know who they have. The problem is clear and has been very publicly announced. Albert has a bad back, even though he was cleared to be paid. He believes he is a top 3 LT and is wanting to be paid so, knowing that he has not played a full season with the last being out with a bad back. He has showng attitude towards the Chiefs stating that he tends to only play LT and is not open to being moved to Guard or RT.

    The Chiefs are looking to trade Albert because He is looking for a payday that is not in the best interest of this franchise. They are not moving him simply because LT is the best player in this draft and don't need two of them.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,104
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 132

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Apparently, the Dolphins can talk with Alberts agent about contract details, but Albert cannot go for a visit or physical yet.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-dolphins/

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,584
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Let him take his selfish butt to Miami he is the ONLY guy who did not show up work workouts the ONLY one. He thinks he's to good to be there send him away

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is the only franchise in the history of the NFL who is trading a LT to draft a LT with THE FIRST PICK IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT.

    :lightbulb:

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 757

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    This is the only franchise in the history of the NFL who is trading a LT to draft a LT with THE FIRST PICK IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT.
    Why don't we cut through the smokescreens and tell it like it is:

    Remember when thay had the chance at #5, in 2010, to draft a LT prospect ( Russell Okung ) who, overall, possessed better blocking skills & better physical and athletic skills than anybody that the Chiefs had on their roster at that time & they could have moved Albert to Guard, but instead, opted to draft a Safety instead? Kind of come full circle hasn't it?

    No, that isn't hindsight, either. This was discussed to death around the web prior to that selection being made, and I provided a whole slew of points as to why passing on Okung would do more to hurt them in the long run than drafting Berry would do to help them. Of course, Albert was everybody's crutch for taking Berry.

    It backfired, just like I predicted that it would. Does anybody with any common sense and logic, really believe for one minute that if Dorsey/Reid had been with the Chiefs in 2010 and making that selection, that they would've taken Berry over Okung? Not a chance. Neither would have Dick Vermeil, Marty Schottenheimer, Hank Stram, or GM Don Klosterman.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Let him take his selfish butt to Miami he is the ONLY guy who did not show up work workouts the ONLY one. He thinks he's to good to be there send him away
    He screwed the pooch when he announced he would only play LT & he wouldn't take whatever was offered to him by the new regime.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •