Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Let him take his selfish butt to Miami he is the ONLY guy who did not show up work workouts the ONLY one. He thinks he's to good to be there send him away
    Why don't do the same with Bowe and Tamba? They did the same thing.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    I said the same thing with Bowe last year. It drives me nuts when these guys pout that there "not getting paid" when they make Millions of dollars. When your getting paid 9 million you should show up to work
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This Miami comparison would work if it were not for 1 little thing. Miami didn't go out that offseason and trade for a QB that year. THey didn't go trade for a QB who had a playoff win under his belt and had his team close to the superbowl. Outside of that little fact it works
    You're right. They did however sign Chad Pennington, who DID have 2 playoff wins under his belt (Alex Smith has 1, btw). Alex Smith was benched for a 2nd year QB, as well.

So how are the situations that different again? Still think they wouldn't want Matt Ryan instead of Jake Long? Of course they would.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-19-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You're right. They did however sign Chad Pennington, who DID have 2 playoff wins under his belt (Alex Smith has 1, btw). Alex Smith was benched for a 2nd year QB, as well.

So how are the situations that different again? Still think they wouldn't want Matt Ryan instead of Jake Long? Of course they would.
    They signed Pennington AFTER the after WELL after the draft in August. They had not already traded for a QB before the draft. But I'm sure that doesn't matter.

And Smith lost his job due to injury it's not like it was due to poor play.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Great, so you're comparing us with Miami now. I'm sure they don't regret taking Matt Ryan, but hey why take a risk when you can play it conservative and pick a solid LT! Don't set the bar too high!
    I don't recall anything in my post comparing Miami to the Chiefs. I was only showing that the Chiefs are not the only team to pass on their current player only to draft that same postion. I am sure if the Chiefs had Traded Cassel and draft Geno you would still think it was stupid.

They signed Pennington AFTER the after WELL after the draft in August. They had not already traded for a QB before the draft. But I'm sure that doesn't matter.

And Smith lost his job due to injury it's not like it was due to poor play.
    Why does it matter when they signed him? They still relied on a retread QB from another team. Only they were smart enough to not blow an early 2nd rounder on him.

Smith has lost his job several times in the past. It wasn't until Jim Harbaugh arrived that he magically started playing OK (keyword: OK). Harbaugh's smart though. That's why he threw Kaepernick in as soon as he got the opportunity.

You're a homer. If the Chiefs were set to draft Geno in this draft, you'd be arguing for that side too.

Why does it matter when they signed him? They still relied on a retread QB from another team. Only they were smart enough to not blow an early 2nd rounder on him.
    It matters because it effects your mindset on how to approach the draft. Teams who already have a qb who they think there going to be going with are less likely to draft a QB unless he's far and away better then anyone on the board. Right or wrong the Chiefs went out and got someone they think is going to be there QB going forward. We will see if they are right or wrong on Smith. But at the time the Dolphins drafted long they had yet to go get a QB. We have. It's not the same situation sorry it's just not.

Smith has lost his job several times in the past. It wasn't until Jim Harbaugh arrived that he magically started playing OK (keyword: OK). Harbaugh's smart though. That's why he threw Kaepernick in as soon as he got the opportunity.
    He had lost his job under HORRIBLE coaching. I again ask you to show me 1 qb to play good under Mike Nolan and Singletary. Name 1. The coaching was piss poor for Smith his first few years. When he got good coaching the team went from being Horrible in 2010 to being a couple of muffed punts away from the superbowl. Smiths improved play was a part of that.

You're a homer. If the Chiefs were set to draft Geno in this draft, you'd be arguing for that side too.
    And you have had your lips on Geno's rear end for months anyone else that we pick if it was a LT or any one else you would find a way to say how stupid we are for not drafting Geno Smith. He's not the sure thing you and my man make him out to be. Hell there's anther QB in this draft to beat Geno 3 times. If Geno is so good like you like to claim Ryan Nassib must be god. If Geno was the guy who reports were saying we would be picking you're right I would be ok with it. I would defend him just like I am the reported pick of Jockel against people who were being unfair to the pick before it has even happened. Before he has played 1 nfl snap. Maybe just maybe Dorsey and Reid know what they are doing. It's possible. But anyone not named Geno will suck apperently
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Not quite. Neither Hali or Bowe got involved with the social media when the franchise tag was put on them, the way Albert did. They both kept silent & neither made statements about "wanting long term commitments" or "not wanting to play under the franchise tag". Neither were there any physical concerns like Albert has regarding back issues. Totally different scenario regarding Albert & both Bowe and Hali have been more productive players through their time in KC than Albert has been

Just my opinion, and it is just mine, we need OL help, biggest need on our team, QB change has happen, there is no QB worthy of a first pick in this draft, not sure if even a 1st round. Does not mean that any of them could become great, just saying there not worth the pick now. I like Fisher, because he is willing to play RT or LT, that says he wants to just play, Branden has stated he only want to play LT, so that sounds to me like someone who is unwilling to do a job he is assigned to do, I for one do not like employees who are not willing to do the job they are asked to do. So I have no problem with trading Branden Alberts.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not quite. Neither Hali or Bowe got involved with the social media when the franchise tag was put on them, the way Albert did. They both kept silent & neither made statements about "wanting long term commitments" or "not wanting to play under the franchise tag". Neither were there any physical concerns like Albert has regarding back issues. Totally different scenario regarding Albert & both Bowe and Hali have been more productive players through their time in KC than Albert has been
    OK. The problem isn't that he didn't showed up for voluntary workouts, the problem is that he made public what other players said in private.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast