Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Did the Ravens have the number 1 overall pick when they took Flacco? No it's apples to oranges In regards to comparing the 2 situations. ANd what "sure thing FA did we get in 09? I don't remember any

I not once have said Alex Smith is Elite. NOT ONCE. What I have said is He did well when he had a head coach that was worth anything. There's reason to think he can do ok in KC. His last start that "he got benched" he was

18/19 232 yards 3td 0int Yep horrible

In 10 games last season he had a QB rateing over 100 in 5 of them Again horrible I no

His overall QB rateing last year was 104 Ya who can win with a garbage QB like that.

He is 19-5-1 in the last 2 seasons HORRIBLE GET HIM OUT OF THE NFL

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm

He did struggle his first few years but i again challange you to find me a qb who did well under the head coaches he had.

You act like he's been horrible he wasn't You give him NO credit at all

Geno Has DONE NOTHING in the NFL. HE never had his team close to the title in college (which you give him 0 blame for) but he's the unquestoned hall of fame QB? Stop just stop it's embarrassing Stop whineing just because they are not drafting who you want or go root for whatever team drafts geno

You didn't understand what I was saying.

First of all, do you think Baltimore would of passed on Flacco if they ahd the number 1 pick and addressed a position they have no need for? Because that is exactly what we are doing.

I never said you said he was elite. I said either you think he is great-elite or you think he is a competent game manager. In 2009 and even in 2010, rather than trying to invest in a qb through the draft we went for the "sure thing" FA qb in Matt Cassel who had one good season with A STACKED TEAM, Alex Smith has had 1.5 seasons WITH A STACKED TEAM but he is looked upon as a game manager, nothing more nothing less. There is a reason Jim Harbaugh let him shop around after the end of the 2011 season.

I am not denying that he has had good CONSERVATIVE numbers, unfortunately conservative numbers won't lead you to the super bowl. In SF Smith relied on a strong defense and a strong running game to win. He didn't go out and command the offense, he didn't throw very much. Not only do we have worries about him producing on the field we have to worry about him staying on the field.

All of this is a recipe to strive for mediocrity which is a shame.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 04-20-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Um..I believe we have a strong d and run game too..don't we?? Keep burrying yourself you just can't help yourself. Wether your posing as mymanorton or mymanhali either way your a awefull fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You didn't understand what I was saying.

First of all, do you think Baltimore would of passed on Flacco if they ahd the number 1 pick and addressed a position they have no need for? Because that is exactly what we are doing.
    I don't know does the player Baltimore already has have a contract issue? Maybe then they do if there's no one really standing out at the top of the draft like this year. It's not so cut and dry. You have to go by the situation And you don't think we need o line help? You're happy with a O line that gave up 10 sacks in 2 games at the end of last year. We don't need depth on the Oline? Really? cool story.

I never said you said he was elite. I said either you think he is great-elite or you think he is a competent game manager. In 2009 and even in 2010, rather than trying to invest in a qb through the draft we went for the "sure thing" FA qb in Matt Cassel who had one good season with A STACKED TEAM, Alex Smith has had 1.5 seasons WITH A STACKED TEAM but he is looked upon as a game manager, nothing more nothing less. There is a reason Jim Harbaugh let him shop around after the end of the 2011 season.
    I don't know what Alex Smith is just yet. We have seen some good and some bad. We will soon see what he does with this team. I won't judge him just because he's not who I wanted like you do.

So Tavon austin had nothing to do with why Geno did so well? Of course QBS play better when they have better talent around them. But I'm sure Geno Smith was catching his own passes pass blocking for himself and doing everything himself. Why is it you only hold QBS having talent around them against the QBS you don't like?

I am not denying that he has had good CONSERVATIVE numbers, unfortunately conservative numbers won't lead you to the super bowl. In SF Smith relied on a strong defense and a strong running game to win. He didn't go out and command the offense, he didn't throw very much. Not only do we have worries about him producing on the field we have to worry about him staying on the field.

All of this is a recipe to strive for mediocrity which is a shame.
    WRONG

Look at his game logs in 2011 in 8 games (half a season) he threw the pall at least 30 times they were 7-1 in those games he threw over 20 times in every game but 1 he threw the ball
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2011/

In 2012 there were 3 more times that he threw the ball they were 1-2 in those games bringing the total to 8-3 overall when he threw the ball 30 times or more. He again threw the ball 20 plus times in all games he started but 1 the game he got a concussion in when he was a horrible 18/19

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2012/

You make it sound like all he did was hand the ball off. But I'm sure you will tell us his record when the defense gave up a bunch of points because it's always the qbs fault that the defense sucks sometimes unless it's your boy geno.

But anyway this talk that he didn't throw much is WRONG unless your going to tell me it takes 40 times a game to be considered throwing the ball.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well Geno or whoever. Joe Flacco was not looked at as a number 1 pick and look what happened, do you think Baltimore regrets the decision? If we had taken the plunge and drafted a qb scrub in 2009 we would be in the exact same position we are in now versus getting the "sure thing" FA, and how did that turn out?

So to sum it up are you saying Alex Smith is a great-elite qb or do you believe he is a competent game manager?

It's either one or the other.
    I love how you cherry-pick scenarios like Baltimore with Flacco or Miami with Jake Long. The total disregard of the numerous 1st round QB busts during that same time span is hysterically comical. You have ZERO credibility by not addressing the 95% of the scenarios that absolutely oppose your view point.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I love how you cherry-pick scenarios like Baltimore with Flacco or Miami with Jake Long. The total disregard of the numerous 1st round QB busts during that same time span is hysterically comical. You have ZERO credibility by not addressing the 95% of the scenarios that absolutely oppose your view point.

Like I said, most of the teams that are successful take the qb risk through the draft. If we had drafted joe blow at qb with our third pick in 09 we would be in the same exact position we are in now. We have not taken that risk and have not been a contender for a long time.

This is no coincidence.

I don't know does the player Baltimore already has have a contract issue? Maybe then they do if there's no one really standing out at the top of the draft like this year. It's not so cut and dry. You have to go by the situation And you don't think we need o line help? You're happy with a O line that gave up 10 sacks in 2 games at the end of last year. We don't need depth on the Oline? Really? cool story.

I don't know what Alex Smith is just yet. We have seen some good and some bad. We will soon see what he does with this team. I won't judge him just because he's not who I wanted like you do.

So Tavon austin had nothing to do with why Geno did so well? Of course QBS play better when they have better talent around them. But I'm sure Geno Smith was catching his own passes pass blocking for himself and doing everything himself. Why is it you only hold QBS having talent around them against the QBS you don't like?

WRONG

Look at his game logs in 2011 in 8 games (half a season) he threw the pall at least 30 times they were 7-1 in those games he threw over 20 times in every game but 1 he threw the ball
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2011/

In 2012 there were 3 more times that he threw the ball they were 1-2 in those games bringing the total to 8-3 overall when he threw the ball 30 times or more. He again threw the ball 20 plus times in all games he started but 1 the game he got a concussion in when he was a horrible 18/19

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2012/

You make it sound like all he did was hand the ball off. But I'm sure you will tell us his record when the defense gave up a bunch of points because it's always the qbs fault that the defense sucks sometimes unless it's your boy geno.

But anyway this talk that he didn't throw much is WRONG unless your going to tell me it takes 40 times a game to be considered throwing the ball.

Flacco becomes the super bowl mvp, of course they would have drafted him all over again. To say otherwise would be idiotic.

You have to remember not once during the 2011 season when he had atleast 30 attempts did he have a 300 yard passing game which is mind boggling, it supports my opinion of him only being a game manager and not a qb who can anchor an offense. This reminds me very much of Matt Cassel, only Matt Cassel was on a far worse team. Let's be realistic, a 17-32 185 yard 1 td 0 int performance could get you a win on a stacked team like the 49ers as Alex Smith did, but with the Chiefs I HIGHLY doubt it.

Your 40 times a game comment is realistic under Reid, quarterbacks under Reid have averaged 37.8 attempts per game.

The conclusion we must come to is that Alex Smith at best will be Matt Cassel of 2010. A qb who makes conservative decisions, doesn't give up a lot of int's and relies on short completions/running game to move the ball.

He is Matt Cassel 2.0 and we must all accept this.

Albert must be replaced. And we need a 2nd rd pick for acquiring Alex Smith. This looks like a no-brainer to me.
    SHUT IT

Flacco becomes the super bowl mvp, of course they would have drafted him all over again. To say otherwise would be idiotic.
    FAIL

So at the time of the draft the Ravens Knew what he was going to become? REALLY? They knew for a fact he was going to be a superbowl MVP. Stop it.

You have to remember not once during the 2011 season when he had atleast 30 attempts did he have a 300 yard passing game which is mind boggling, it supports my opinion of him only being a game manager and not a qb who can anchor an offense. This reminds me very much of Matt Cassel, only Matt Cassel was on a far worse team. Let's be realistic, a 17-32 185 yard 1 td 0 int performance could get you a win on a stacked team like the 49ers as Alex Smith did, but with the Chiefs I HIGHLY doubt it.
    FAIL

You said he didn't throw the ball very much. The game logs PROVE YOU WRONG. Stop it

Under you assement Troy Aikman a HOF qb SUCKED and couldn't win a superbowl. The Cowboys of the 90s were built on a running game and a good defense. So they sucked right? Troy sucked right? Oh wait he's a HOF QB who won superbowls. Just because a team is built around a good d and a running game doesn't mean the QB sucks.

But he only averaged 8 ypc instead of 8.1 YPC he clearly sucks because the difference from sucking to being a god among QBs is apperently .1YPC

Your 40 times a game comment is realistic under Reid, quarterbacks under Reid have averaged 37.8 attempts per game.

The conclusion we must come to is that Alex Smith at best will be Matt Cassel of 2010. A qb who makes conservative decisions, doesn't give up a lot of int's and relies on short completions/running game to move the ball.

He is Matt Cassel 2.0 and we must all accept this.
    FAIL

BLAH again with the Cassel 2.0 thing. This has already been proven wrong but I'll bite and give you a BIG difference after Cassel's good 2010 season he went backwords after Smith's 2011 season he got better in last year going form a QB rating of 90.7 to 104.1 He went forward Cassel went backwards but I'm sure that doesn't matter
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

FAIL

So at the time of the draft the Ravens Knew what he was going to become? REALLY? They knew for a fact he was going to be a superbowl MVP. Stop it.

If they didn't think he would of been a good player why would they have drafted him? They certainly don't regret drafting him now do they? But they could of played it safe and drafted a position they didn't need, like we do.

FAIL

You said he didn't throw the ball very much. The game logs PROVE YOU WRONG. Stop it

Under you assement Troy Aikman a HOF qb SUCKED and couldn't win a superbowl. The Cowboys of the 90s were built on a running game and a good defense. So they sucked right? Troy sucked right? Oh wait he's a HOF QB who won superbowls. Just because a team is built around a good d and a running game doesn't mean the QB sucks.

But he only averaged 8 ypc instead of 8.1 YPC he clearly sucks because the difference from sucking to being a god among QBs is apperently .1YPC

It's not the 90's, you need a qb who can command an offense, Alex Smith can't command an offense. He was 20th in attempts in 2011. When his attempts were lessened he started having success. How is that going to work out now that he is going to be throwing the ball EVEN MORE?

FAIL

BLAH again with the Cassel 2.0 thing. This has already been proven wrong but I'll bite and give you a BIG difference after Cassel's good 2010 season he went backwords after Smith's 2011 season he got better in last year going form a QB rating of 90.7 to 104.1 He went forward Cassel went backwards but I'm sure that doesn't matter. Like I said, if you want to make a wager this season, and it doesn't have to be money I am down. He is Matt Cassel v2.0. If he is top 10 in rating, ypg and td passes this season I will leave the board forever.

We need to try to build through the draft, and that includes the qb position. That is something that this fanbase and organization doesn't understand. There is a reason we have not contended for a long time. With the exception of Drew Brees the last qb to win a super bowl that was not drafted in the first round were the Patriots in 2004 with Tom Brady.

It's time we get serious about taking a quarterback and developing him into what we want him to be. That is all I am saying.

[QUOTE=MyManHali;280278]You didn't understand what I was saying.

If Baltimore had the #1 pick in 2008, they would have definitely passed on Flacco. If they wanted a QB they would have taken Matt Ryan. You cant honestly think that Baltimore would have taken Flacco #1 that year when in the actual draft 17 other teams passed on him.

We gave up a second round pick for a known commodity rather than spend the top pick in the draft on a unknown commodity in Geno. He may turn out to be a stud, but if he isnt even considered an elite QB for this weak of a QB draft class, then we cant be taking that risk. Just b/c we havent "taken the risk" of drafting a QB high in the draft, doesnt mean we need to take that risk just to say we have done it. Drafting is all about calculating the risk-reward and teams dont just draft players or positions just to say "ok we have now drafted a QB in the first round"

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast