Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Washington with Trent Williams at #4, Seattle with Okung at #6. Niners took Davis at #11 and Iupati at #17 in 2010. Most times the elite teams aren't even draftin in the top 10.

You fail, try again.
    2/3 of those teams never had a winning season until they got a QB either. And Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers defense (best in the league in 2011) were the reason for their success in 2011. Not to mention the 49ers gave up the 7th most sacks in 2011 also.

Later dude.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-21-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm not a "fantasy football kiddie." Of course I play it because it's fun, but I spend many nights watching film, rating prospects (O-line included), and writing about the draft.

Yes, the Chiefs O-line is good. Anyone who tells you differently isn't paying attention. Do we need to go back to tape breakdown where I show you what a designed screen is again? Or what Tampa-2 coverage is? I get that you have these pre-disposed biases towards the O-line, but this is also a very different game than it was 10 years ago. For one, teams throw the ball significantly more, and you just need guys that can hold their blocks for 2-3 seconds in many cases.

The addition of Joeckel will make them better. It's a pretty negligible move in the grand scheme of things though. At some point, your O-line is only as good as your quarterback.

And unlike you, I can have a conversation without resorting to name calling and terrible lines about crapping diapers and drinking milk of magnesia. What's the point of using crappy lines like that?
    They were good until they had injuries. Then that o line was HORRIBLE again they went 2 games giving up 10 sacks. 10 that's NOT a good O line that's why we need O Line help. Joeckel would be O line help. He's near the top if not at the top of a lot of draft boards. That's why we would take him. We need help in the o line he's there he's in an area that we need help in. Do we need help in other areas YES we do. But you don't REACH for a guy when there's a guy in a area you need help in that's much higher on the board.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Guy tries to tell me that O-line is not overrated and then uses the Seahawks/Redskins/49ers as examples. The Seahawks and Redskins were garbage until they drafted good QBs. 49ers were garbage until they had the 2nd best scoring defense in the league. Oh, and they traded up to draft a quarterback! Seriously. You just can't argue with people that are so thickheaded that they won't even vaguely think that someone else's opinion is correct. This guy has been harping the O-line every year while failing to realize the Chiefs have probably a top 10-15 O-line in recent years. This same guy couldn't even recognize a designed screen play and instead thought that the Oline got worked. Consider the source, folks.

No team in this league is winning a championship with an elite O-line. Take a look at the left tackles that have won Super Bowls in recent years. We're talking about middle of the road guys. And yet O-line isn't overrated...Yawn.

Thankfully, I finally gave in and won't see anymore of his posts. It's just not worth reading the constant nonsense. Try talking to the guy about actual X's and O's and you'll see the lack of football IQ shine through.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Yes, the Chiefs O-line is good. Anyone who tells you differently isn't paying attention. Do we need to go back to tape breakdown where I show you what a designed screen is again? Or what Tampa-2 coverage is? I get that you have these pre-disposed biases towards the O-line, but this is also a very different game than it was 10 years ago. For one, teams throw the ball significantly more, and you just need guys that can hold their blocks for 2-3 seconds in many cases.
    You are wrong on ALL counts. They are NOT good. I have seen the evidence with my own eyes repeatedly for SIX years. That "designed screen" play that you were pumping you neighbors dog over doesn't equate to hundreds of plays that I've seen in that time span -- including last year -- where their O-Line literally got ran over. It isn't pre-disposed bias, it's simply calling it like I see it.

As for throwing the ball, it ISN'T any different than 10 years ago -- if your QB is getting hit constantly and getting beaten into a zombie, then you don't have success throwing the ball and that facet of the game has never changed.

The problem is, mediocre O-Line play has become an accepted standard with many Chiefs, thanks to their minds being poisoned by the Scott Pioli regime. I will NOT accept it knowing that it's made the Chiefs the laughing stock of the NFL the past several years.

The addition of Joeckel will make them better. It's a pretty negligible move in the grand scheme of things though. At some point, your O-line is only as good as your quarterback.
    Good luck convincing any player that's been successful playing QB in the NFL of that line of BS. I already know they'd tell you the opposite.

And unlike you, I can have a conversation without resorting to name calling and terrible lines about crapping diapers and drinking milk of magnesia. What's the point of using crappy lines like that?
    If the shoe fits, then wear it !! And let's not kid ourselves about those individuals being labeled as such -- they are always submitting to "p!ss on our own heads & tell ourselves it's raining" type of thinking just like their twin brother, Scott Pioli.

Thankfully there is an ignore button for you.
    By all means, use it then. I'm just going to laugh about it & so are others, most likely.

Guy tries to tell me that O-line is not overrated and then uses the Seahawks/Redskins/49ers as examples. The Seahawks and Redskins were garbage until they drafted good QBs. 49ers were garbage until they had the 2nd best scoring defense in the league. Oh, and they traded up to draft a quarterback! Seriously. You just can't argue with people that are so thickheaded that they won't even vaguely think that someone else's opinion is correct. This guy has been harping the O-line every year while failing to realize the Chiefs have probably a top 10-15 O-line in recent years. This same guy couldn't even recognize a designed screen play and instead thought that the Oline got worked. Consider the source, folks.

No team in this league is winning a championship with an elite O-line. Take a look at the left tackles that have won Super Bowls in recent years. We're talking about middle of the road guys. And yet O-line isn't overrated...Yawn.

Thankfully, I finally gave in and won't see anymore of his posts. It's just not worth reading the constant nonsense. Try talking to the guy about actual X's and O's and you'll see the lack of football IQ shine through.
    Another example of Ryfo and his twin brother Pioli's "p!ss on our own heads & tell ourselves it's raining" mentality. Ryfo, you're going to go bald-headed prematurely just like Pioli, if you keep that up.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-21-2013 at 07:15 PM.

I didn't even bring up the nonsensical remarks about drinking "milk of magnesia", crapping diapers, sticking fingers up one's bum and eating it, and calling me a kiddie (I'm 28). Just immature and silly. It's impossible to respect someone's opinion about football when that's the best they can muster to attack someone's stance.

This site used to be filled with knowledgeable Chiefs fans, and now it's the same 4 people talking. Coach, is there a way to delete my account?
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-21-2013 at 07:49 PM.

I didn't even bring up the nonsensical remarks about drinking "milk of magnesia", crapping diapers, sticking fingers up one's bum and eating it, and calling me a kiddie (I'm 28). Just immature and silly. It's impossible to respect someone's opinion about football when that's the best they can muster to attack someone's stance.

This site used to be filled with knowledgeable Chiefs fans, and now it's the same 4 people talking. Is there a way to delete my account?
    If Ryfo were being honest about the points he's trying to make, instead of the "p!ss on our own heads & tell ourselves it's raining" approach that is completely contrary to the evidence that has manifested itself on the football field, then that would be one thing. That's not the case.

Don't give him sympathy, give him guts. The site still has knowledgeable fans, however, his definition of knowledgeable fans means the next guy agreeing with his opinion on everything & he wants to put the blame on others instead of his lack of ability to discern when an opinion is being given & when somebody is telling it like it is.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-21-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    They were good until they had injuries. Then that o line was HORRIBLE again they went 2 games giving up 10 sacks. 10 that's NOT a good O line that's why we need O Line help. Joeckel would be O line help. He's near the top if not at the top of a lot of draft boards. That's why we would take him. We need help in the o line he's there he's in an area that we need help in. Do we need help in other areas YES we do. But you don't REACH for a guy when there's a guy in a area you need help in that's much higher on the board.
    Matt, they did have a MAJOR problem in Buffalo, prior to the injuries. But, you are correct, that the injuries did hurt them as the season progressed. And all the other points you made are 100% valid and are gospel truth -- not anyone's opinion.

Sorry to break up the argument, put apparently Albert is demanding more money than the Dolphins are willing to pay (8-9 million, which is what Miami DIDN'T pay Jake Long). This is the scenario that I thought would happen. Unfortunately, we will probably keep Albert for another year.

So, what are our options?

The ideal would be to trade out of the #1 pick. Ideally, the Jets really want G. smith and would give us their 2 #1s to get him. Not really likely, but it would be ideal. If that happened, I would take Star and either Fluker (to play RT), Eifert, Vaccaro, ogletree or one of the WRs. Any of those I would be fine with, or even trading down further with one of the picks to get a couple seconds this year and next.

Thats not really likely, so hopefully maybe someoneelse in the top 10 really likes Joeckel, Smith and wants to trade with us. Then we take the BPA. Hopefully one of the tackles is still there, if not, maybe trade down further and stock up on mid round picks and picks next year.

If that doesn't work out, my last option would be to pick up one of the tackles and put him on the R side for a year. I dont see anyone worth the number one pick at a position of need for us. I don't think G. smith is going to be good in this league. We don't need an OLB like Dion Jordan, and I think DT is a need, but more for depth need than starters.

I kinda hope if we draft Joeckel and keep Albert, we tell him he is going to play RT. If he is serious about sitting out, prove it. If he does, we don't have to pay him and we have more cap space next year.

At least we will probably get a 4th round compensatory pick if he walks in free agency.

This site used to be filled with knowledgeable Chiefs fans, and now it's the same 4 people talking. Coach, is there a way to delete my account?
    First if you're leaving the site I for one will miss having you around I do think you're very smart about football but I think you have just become so fixated on the QB spot and that is clouding your judgement a little. You might turn out to be right about it. That know one can deny but this drafting a LT could work out you can't deny that. The only problem I have had through this is ANYONE else not named Geno that has been brought up on this board you and My man have been on telling us how stupid it is and how we need a qb and have gone on and on about Geno (although my man is more guilty of this then you) I just think you need to be a little more open and give this new GM and coach a chance maybe they know what they're doing. Maybe just maybe things will work out
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Matt, they did have a MAJOR problem in Buffalo, prior to the injuries. But, you are correct, that the injuries did hurt them as the season progressed. And all the other points you made are 100% valid and are gospel truth -- not anyone's opinion.
    Well I think every O line mostly has problems here or there throughout the season. I didn't consider them REALLY bad until the injuries started to pile up. I don't think they were great befoe then. But I think they were a O line a team could live with. But given the injuries showed the lack of depth I think adding O line help is a MUST for this team right now. We have more needs some IMO bigger needs But I think we have addressed many of those needs and now adding O line help wouldn't be such a bad thing.

And I just would like to say If I were in charge O line wouldn't be my choice in the draft. I have said this many times I would go with Jarvis Jones out of UGA. The guy was a beast last season. But there might be a reason I'm not a gm. LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast