Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 156

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins


    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

    If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,754
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    They should hold out for #42. Albert is worth it. If the Dolphins are already conceding that Albert is worth a 2nd round pick, they'll come down to #42 by the time the draft rolls around. There are only 3 legit LT's in this draft. I think Albert is probably a better option than Lane Johnson talent-wise, but probably a poorer value. There are more than 3 teams in this draft who need a LT. An early 2nd round pick isn't too much to ask for a legit starting LT.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    They should hold out for #42. Albert is worth it. If the Dolphins are already conceding that Albert is worth a 2nd round pick, they'll come down to #42 by the time the draft rolls around. There are only 3 legit LT's in this draft. I think Albert is probably a better option than Lane Johnson talent-wise, but probably a poorer value. There are more than 3 teams in this draft who need a LT. An early 2nd round pick isn't too much to ask for a legit starting LT.
    If there weren't the back issues, then that would be one thing. But, with those concerns, the Chiefs won't be able to bleed #42 out of Miami and probably have to settle for #54.

    Besides, the Chiefs are around 3 Mill under the cap and need to create some cap space.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

    If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.
    Agreed! Dole him off and let's get Joeckel.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed! Dole him off and let's get Joeckel.
    I won't discount Eric Fisher, although I'd be happy with Joeckel. Fisher is a road-grater in the running game ( Jamaal Charles would love running behind this guy ) and his pass-protection skills are excellent. Plays with a mean streak & he's very athletic. Pretty tough call between the two.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-18-2013 at 02:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Yes, lets trade off a top 10 LT and replace him with a unproven rookie with the first pick in the draft. Because tackles win superbowls. Only the Chiefs.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    615
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 73

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/1...zz-eric-fisher

    They say in this article that Fisher may be the chiefs target If Albert stays, because the whole reason why Albert is wanting the trade is cause he wants to keep his LT position, but Fisher says he's willing to move to Rt for his rookie season, and with this guys athleticism I think that would be a good move. We would have one of the most potent offensive lines in football!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I won't discount Eric Fisher, although I'd be happy with Joeckel. Fisher is a road-grater in the running game ( Jamaal Charles would love running behind this guy ) and his pass-protection skills are excellent. Plays with a mean streak & he's very athletic. Pretty tough call between the two.
    Yeah, I think the consensus is that either one would be an instant replacement for Albert.


  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg FL
    Posts
    331
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yes, lets trade off a top 10 LT and replace him with a unproven rookie with the first pick in the draft. Because tackles win superbowls. Only the Chiefs.
    Last check no single player wins a SB without a team behind them. The Ravens won last year and took a T in the first round. Last time Green Bay won a SB they drafted a T in the first round. Df those played win the SB for their teams? You are replacing a LT that is disgruntled and not willing to switch positions do a younger more athletic T. How does thu not make sense?? Hater....
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yes, lets trade off a top 10 LT and replace him with a unproven rookie with the first pick in the draft. Because tackles win superbowls. Only the Chiefs.
    I get your point here bud, but I think Albert has made it clear that he wants out of KC and I would rather replace him with a top ten OL draft pick than to keep Albert who would rather be playing somewhere else. I have to admit that I'm a little baffled at the "tackles don't win Superbowls" mentality. I'm I to believe that tackles have absolutely nothing at all with winning Superbowls? Let's say for argument's sake that we draft Geno and eventually get to the Superbowl with him, could we leave our tackles at home and expect to win? I'm not saying that tackles alone win Superbowls but neither do quarterbacks. It's a collaborative effort, and I for one am ready to try putting together a championship team through top ranked draft picks as well as free agency activity. The Chiefs have been more active in free agency this year than they have in - I don't know how long, and Dorsey has made it clear that he intends to build through the draft; a philosophy by which several Superbowl teams have been successful. This is a little weird for me, I'm not used to disagreeing with you much at all, but like I said I do understand your point of view and how it may look like business as usual with the Chiefs.


Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •