Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 156

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins


    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

    If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We need to try to build through the draft, and that includes the qb position. That is something that this fanbase and organization doesn't understand. There is a reason we have not contended for a long time. With the exception of Drew Brees the last qb to win a super bowl that was not drafted in the first round were the Patriots in 2004 with Tom Brady.

    It's time we get serious about taking a quarterback and developing him into what we want him to be. That is all I am saying.
    You're right they did think they would be good. But your comparison to there situation and ours is just apples to oranges they didn't have the overall number 1 pick. And every team takes a player because they think he's going to be good. Not one GM in the history of the NFL in the 1st round has said you know I think this guys going to be a bust so I'm going to take him. You are acting like they knew that he was going to be a superbowl MVP when they drafted him they didn't you're giving them the benifit of after the fact. NO team knows whats going to happen when they draft a player.

    They had a winning record when he threw the ball at least 30 times. That's not bad. And how do you know he can't command an offense are you in the huddle with him? Alex Smith has been pretty good the last couple of years. He had his team on the brink of the superbowl in 2011 he's not the one who muffed the punts. They didn't lose the NFC title game because he "couldn't command the offense" they lost that NFC title game because of the muffed punts. He has shown he can get a team far. He COULD do that in KC. Why just assume that he can't? Other then he's not who you want.
    ​BAN ROY


  3. #62
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Regarding this discussion about QB's, I have noticed one fact that has been overlooked.

    Consider that Eli Manning has helped the Giants win the SB in both 2007 and 2011, but here's the thing that keeps going unnoticed:

    HE WAS NOT DRAFTED BY THE GIANTS -- HE WAS TRADED TO THEM BY SD AND I DON'T GIVE A F--- IF HE WAS TAKEN #1 OVERALL. UNLIKE GENO, HE WAS PROJECTED TO BE TAKEN #1 OVERALL. ALSO, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER THAT SD WOULD HAVE WON ANY SB'S IF MANNING HAD STAYED WITH SD.

    Therefore, give Alex Smith the same chance as you would any QB that they could take in the upcoming draft. Since Alex Smith is on board, the top priority is to protect him & get their O-Line back to a level excellence they once had from 2002 -- 2005. Branden Albert has chosen to go hump his neighbors dog in drama-queen fashion, instead of seriously wanting to become a part of that. I don't care if he said he wants to be in KC, as his actions have CLEARLY contradicted that & he's not a top 10 LT, anyway. It's time to cut ties with him, turn the page, and move on.

    Don't tell me the Chiefs don't need to draft a Tackle like Joeckel or Fisher, when it's blatantly obvious that they do. Regardless of whether Albert stays in 2013 or gets traded, he doesn't factor into that equation & John Dorsey has already said as much.

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Regarding this discussion about QB's, I have noticed one fact that has been overlooked.

    Consider that Eli Manning has helped the Giants win the SB in both 2007 and 2011, but here's the thing that keeps going unnoticed:

    HE WAS NOT DRAFTED BY THE GIANTS -- HE WAS TRADED TO THEM BY SD AND I DON'T GIVE A F--- IF HE WAS TAKEN #1 OVERALL. UNLIKE GENO, HE WAS PROJECTED TO BE TAKEN #1 OVERALL. ALSO, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER THAT SD WOULD HAVE WON ANY SB'S IF MANNING HAD STAYED WITH SD.

    Therefore, give Alex Smith the same chance as you would any QB that they could take in the upcoming draft. Since Alex Smith is on board, the top priority is to protect him & get their O-Line back to a level excellence they once had from 2002 -- 2005. Branden Albert has chosen to go hump his neighbors dog in drama-queen fashion, instead of seriously wanting to become a part of that. I don't care if he said he wants to be in KC, as his actions have CLEARLY contradicted that & he's not a top 10 LT, anyway. It's time to cut ties with him, turn the page, and move on.

    Don't tell me the Chiefs don't need to draft a Tackle like Joeckel or Fisher, when it's blatantly obvious that they do. Regardless of whether Albert stays in 2013 or gets traded, he doesn't factor into that equation & John Dorsey has already said as much.
    Regarding the QB part don't let little facts get in way of the geno lovers dream that he's already the best QB in the history of the game

    Regarding Albert his contract is one thing also his back in anther. To my knowledge Joeckel or Fisher are not coming off the back problems that Albert is. It's never a given that a guy is going to come back to 100% on any injury. And Maybe just maybe Joeckel or Fisher would be better then Albert. It's just far to early to say that it's a lateral move.
    ​BAN ROY


  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Regarding the QB part don't let little facts get in way of the geno lovers dream that he's already the best QB in the history of the game

    Regarding Albert his contract is one thing also his back in anther. To my knowledge Joeckel or Fisher are not coming off the back problems that Albert is. It's never a given that a guy is going to come back to 100% on any injury. And Maybe just maybe Joeckel or Fisher would be better then Albert. It's just far to early to say that it's a lateral move.
    I've already seen Joeckel and Fisher demonstrate better overall blocking skills than I've ever seen from Albert. This "lateral move" BS is a copout being used by a herd of sheep wearing diapers out there, that are threatening to crap in those diapers, if the Chiefs take a Tackle at #1, because they want some 'bling' guy to put on their fantasy football teams and O-Lineman, of course, don't qualify for fantasy football.

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yes, lets trade off a top 10 LT and replace him with a unproven rookie with the first pick in the draft. Because tackles win superbowls. Only the Chiefs.
    Enough said..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Enough said..by a herd of sheep wearing diapers out there, that are threatening to crap in those diapers, if the Chiefs take a Tackle at #1, because they want some 'bling' guy to put on their fantasy football teams and O-Lineman, of course, don't qualify for fantasy football & try to make Albert to be a top 10 LT, when he's not and none of the other 31 teams view him as such & these same sheep want to keep using Albert as a crutch to draft some 'bling' guy like Geno Smith, & because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to face the reality that taking Berry over Russell Okung at #5 in the 2010 draft was a huge mistake that has now come full circle & they can't stomach the possibility of that same crutch with Albert for passing on Okung in 2010 is most likely about to be eliminated.
    Fixed.

  8. #67
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    get their O-Line back to a level excellence they once had from 2002 -- 2005.
    Yeah and maybe it will yield us one playoff appearance and no playoff wins.

    People are significantly overrating how much an elite offensive line will help us. If you have a great offensive line, you aren't much better off than if you have a good offensive line. The biggest difference at that point is the quarterback.

    The O-line the Chiefs trotted out last year was better than any of the last 8 Super Bowl Champion's O-lines. You can argue Joeckel this, Joeckel that all day, but none of the elite teams are building their team by spending high picks on the offensive line. And by high, I'm talking top 10.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-21-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yeah and maybe it will yield us one playoff appearance and no playoff wins.

    People are significantly overrating how much an elite offensive line will help us. If you have a great offensive line, you aren't much better off than if you have a good offensive line.

    The O-line the Chiefs trotted out last year was better than any of the last 8 Super Bowl Champion's O-lines.
    The statement "The O-line the Chiefs trotted out last year was better than any of the last 8 Super Bowl Champion's O-lines" has got to be the stupidest statement I've ever seen & nowhere remotely close to being true.

    And if you really believe that, then it's obvious you were raised on Milk of Magnesia, because you totally full of crap. But, of course, you left out the fact that since Roaf and Shields retired, combined with the overall declining play of their O-Line being the biggest reason the Chiefs have had the worst record of any team in the AFC since 2007 & with multiple QB's getting beaten into zombies during that time.

    In the light of that, it's not a case of people overrating the O-Line, but a case of the fantasy football kiddies like you, underrating it.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-21-2013 at 06:31 PM.

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    In the light of that, it's not a case of people overrating the O-Line, but a case of the fanatasy football kiddies like you, underrating it.
    I'm not a "fantasy football kiddie." Of course I play it because it's fun, but I spend many nights watching film, rating prospects (O-line included), and writing about the draft.

    Yes, the Chiefs O-line is good. Anyone who tells you differently isn't paying attention. Do we need to go back to tape breakdown where I show you what a designed screen is again? Or what Tampa-2 coverage is? I get that you have these pre-disposed biases towards the O-line, but this is also a very different game than it was 10 years ago. For one, teams throw the ball significantly more, and you just need guys that can hold their blocks for 2-3 seconds in many cases.

    The addition of Joeckel will make them better. It's a pretty negligible move in the grand scheme of things though. At some point, your O-line is only as good as your quarterback.

    And unlike you, I can have a conversation without resorting to name calling and terrible lines about crapping diapers and drinking milk of magnesia. What's the point of using crappy lines like that? Thankfully there is an ignore button for you.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You can argue Joeckel this, Joeckel that all day, but none of the elite teams are building their team by spending high picks on the offensive line. And by high, I'm talking top 10.
    Washington with Trent Williams at #4, Seattle with Okung at #6. Niners took Davis at #11 and Iupati at #17 in 2010. Most times the elite teams aren't even draftin in the top 10.

    You fail, try again.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •